xisto Community
alex1985

Wireless Network How?

In my laptop I'm using IntelŽ PROSet/Wireless program, and I have changed some configurations, and then my wireless connection is better then before.

But the program I'm using is in Turkish, the original was in English. Now let me try to translate into English.

If you are using IntelŽ PROSet/Wireless program you can do the followings.

1. From the Tools menu select Adapter Settings.

2. From the left listbox select Device to device power management. At right side default value is "disabled" change it to noisy environment.

3. From the listbox select Forced Browsing. Right side slide the gauge bar/progressbar to the maximum .

4. From the listbox select Sending Power. Right side slide the gauge bar/progressbar to the maximum .

5. From the listbox select Power Management. Slide the gauge bar/progressbar to the maximum .

6. From the listbox select HD mode. Change the value to "Activate".

7. From the listbox Data Transfer Improvement. Change the value to "Activate".

With these 7 options, your wireless signal could be better.

If you don't have the IntelŽ PROSet/Wireless program, you can download it from http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/internet-of-things/overview.html

Note: I have translated into English, so some words may not be equal.

Listen, but I did not find any of those downloading link over there.

First make sure you have a intel wireless card. If you have an intel centrino mobile chipset, chances are, you do.
To check for an intel centrino mobile chipset, there's probably a sticker that says it on your computer, If not,

Go to control panel ->network connections -> wireless network connection -> properties.

To download the intel software, go to the website -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
then go the wireless link on the left -> Wifi products -> Whichever card you have(assuming you have an intel card -> select operating system -> then download the
IntelŽ PROSet/Wireless Network Connection Software for whichever card you have (still assuming you have an intel card.

Listen, but I did not find any of those downloading link over there.

When you click the link I specified before http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/internet-of-things/overview.html

You will see 4 tabs at the middle top. Click "Tools & Software".

You will see 2 new links. Click Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software Download

Or directly click here http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/emerging-technologies.html

In the new page download the product which matches your adapter.

Well the only reason your connection is low because there are many obstructions in the way.If you knew where the router was you could go nearer too it such as if the neighbours router was in the downstairs front room you could do the same with your laptop, get the idea?You could always buy broadband though lol. :)

here a quick answer to help ya!Wireless Network

I use to constantly struggle with getting internet between my laptop and my xbox360 but I have found the cure a while back and here let me explain...

all though it may not help with your built in depending on where the wireless receiver is actually placed  in the laptop  but here is my supplies I used they can be adapted  in some ways some are regular household items  but I know yahll are probaly  tired fo me babeling on I do not reply on post usually I have a free direct  contact email for@  but let me get back on subject  items I used  are  I had a basic

~~and  Netgear wireless receiver(any ext wireless receiver will work),

~~usb extenison(I don't kno technical terms but basically  all it is is a usb that extends to a usb port its not nessacary but a deffinite plus )

~~~aluminuim Foil ,

~~a plastic gatorade bottle

~~Tape(perferably masking tape ) (duct tape works but interfears with connection sometimes) 

~~~okay now the steps ...

You first install the  wireless adapter ofcoarse just got to add that in okay next cut the bottle about one inch from the bottom  cut the whole bottom off  throw away the top its not needed  cut  a spot into the bottom of the bottom peice just big enough for the wireless adapter to fit in tightly  what you have just created was the frame for the wireless dish as I'm gonna call it  now take some tape and alumium foil and mold the alumiun around the the plastic bottle peice  and secure with tape  do not put tape in the middle of  the dish unless its under the aluminuim you can do that by making it  double sided by folding the tape wher its sticky on all sides but after this  put the wireless adapter in to the dish wher it comes thru the middle and thru the aluminum foil  the aluminuim foil around the wireless  adapter  now you have a complete wireless dish which will extend the range of the wireless receivver  now if you have the usb extender you can plug the dish in to  it and now its 1-3ft away from the computer you can  put the"wireless Dish" in a window pointing towards the direction you get the connection strongest  and bam  this worked for me

and now for  you xbox360 user the two process to help in you  get a connection  from your neighbors

1ST~~~ you go thru the above process and share the connection using ethernet cord  from computer to xbox aloowing you be able to place the sattelite closer to the source  depending on the length of your ethernet cord  now

second option(required usb extender and xbox360 wireless adapter)

hooke  the extender to the xbox and then  plug the receiver into  the extender and  if you  want but not nessary you can build a dish for the xbox receiver but it really isnt needed you can take the receiver place  towards the  the strogest connection and wah lah lag free xbox live  without pay for your internet

if this  helped in any way or need pictures and a walkthrough I will proudly  help just email me at the email above

thanks for taking the time in reading this tutorial I hope it helps  it works great for me ! please feel free to message anytime! I can help in many of other "freeloading"  problems also.

-reply by neverpaidfornet