xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
joshua132

>>the Antispyware Software Bill Gates Uses Microsoft Windows AnitSpyware (beta)

Check this out: Microsoft Windows AnitSpyware [Notice: It is still in beta.]

It is from Microsoft, and at first glance it is great. I was a bit cautious at first but...

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware provides constant protection against infection, which includes browser hijack protection, application hijack protection, and various other critical system settings for unauthorized changes. When you scan you computer you can choose a smart scan (less time) or a full scan (more time). I will post time comparisons later. The scan checks memory, files, registry, and cookies. Also, you can schedule scans and definition updates. The program contains an advanced tools section that include often hard to find settings for IE, Windows system, shell, ActiveX controls, and startup programs. The advanced tools section also contains a tracks eraser for a IE, a multitude of chat programs, and the main media players. The most innovative feature in the program, however, is SpyNet. SpyNet is a network system to update definitions based on detection of spyware by other users in the network. So basically, if I am running a scan and new spyware is detected, I can update the definitions so that others also on SpyNet will receive protection from the spyware I just discovered.

I like the program so far. It not only has a nice interface but the features are useful and efficient. Sadly, I heard that when it is out of beta Micro$oft will be charging for it (makes sense I guess).

Tell me what you think.

EDIT: UPDATE BELOW

It is not a new tool. Microsoft has acquired the Giant Company software Inc. So it is Giant Antispyware with changed name. Anyway I will give a try to it. It is beta version and free but I have heard that it can be used only for about 200 times. And I am sure microsoft will charge for it once the first version comes.

Strange, I can't find it again... but I was reading that'll it'll just be a download as part of an update when it gets fully released... but maybe I'm mistaken.But I do find it spooky that microsoft is now doing anti-spyware software... especially since their own software is like swiss cheese in terms of security...

Hope that they will make the os comes with Anti-virus, firwall and anti-spy and all that usually stuffs. I am too tired of getting this here and there... updating it from differnet places and cost money too. Basic softwares that users mmust used for windows.Macs comes with Font book- font managing, colorSyn-color managementfileVault - secure filesiPhoto 2Unicode 4 SupportKeyboard Viewer Paletteand many more..... like final cut express...

UPDATE:

I have compared Adaware with Windows AntiSpyware and I have found that Windows AntiSpyware does not focus on smaller threats such as tracking cookies, whereas Adaware not only looks up tracking cookies but also gets the more devastating spyware. Full system scan times are comparable (both clocked in around 20min for 220GB). Adaware/Spybot are obviously better than Microsofts alternative.

\/ In my opinion the best way to combat spyware is to use Mozilla Firefox. \/

It would be a better idea to integrate this tool into Windows itself!I mean, how do they sleep at night?First, they sell software that is Swiss cheese like (full of holes), and then they offer a solution to fix a part of the problem, acting like a prince in a shiny armor for Windows while they are doing it! They always leave a small hole behind so it can be expanded in time again, and the whole story repeats itself. They may not do this on purpose, but it is still wrong.

I agree with you. All software is bound to have holes due to the creator(s) of the software. The nature in which the developer fixes the holes is where I have problems with Microsoft. For those who are not computer savvy, Microsoft Antispyware, Automatic Windows update etc.. are great. I prefer to be on top of things and I don't like Microsoft having so much control. I take responsibilty if I mess things up due to the fact that I don't take full advantage of Microsoft ease-of-use features. I think it is great that Microsoft bought an antispyware/antivirus company but I don't think they should charge money for Windows users to use it. Although the programs are currently free, they are in beta. I have read that later they will cost.

the problem about Windows is that they're trying to push Linux down as fast and effective. They just release crappy softwares (including ones with holes) just to make it look fresh for the end-user but it has tonnes of holes. Although Linux comes out faster than Windows does, but it's very secure because of the brightest minds in the world comes together. That is why Linux is the better choice. As for the Windows Anti-spyware, I'd rather use Adaware.xboxrulz

I doubt "Billy the Gates III" uses Windoze software in his pc/laptop, he uses Ubuntu with Vista skin :P

If anything he uses a custom OS he stole from Paul Allen. :P
I don't think I need anything that wastes my CPU cycles as much as an antispyware or antivirus when I have the software and the trust in myself to not pull something stupid to get it on my PC.

Hmmm that guy is primarily a school drop out. and so its too hard for him yo stick on to good ethics in life. He always tries to steal ideas from other great companies and people. But he is definitely a great business man though he is not a good software engineer or software scientist. He is good enuf to develop microsoft to such an extent and he has constantanly made all his stock holders benifit and grow exponentially.

i have tried the Microsoft anti spy ware software. but i didn't very protected while using it. infact, i am very afraid to use Microsoft products. hackers are particularly interested towards Microsoft products and so most of their products have a amazingly large amount of back doors exposed to many hackers. i found zone alarm more secure and safe to use. i am using it now.

i've been using windows 0S for more than 10 years now. recently, i install Ubuntu Linux on my PC and begin to learn how the OS works. I think it's very secure but it can't load my wireless usb driver. besides, you have to do lot of things just to make a driver works properly in your pc.