xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PCessna

Believe In Computers

The is gonna be my last post for today, Since I don't want to spam, or be accused of it.My theory, Is that if you think a computer or something is more than an 'it', then you'll get more farther in life with what you want to do.I've always live by this, Since I loved computer, Since I was 4..I've gotten very far in all my years ^_^

The is gonna be my last post for today, Since I don't want to spam, or be accused of it.
My theory, Is that if you think a computer or something is more than an 'it', then you'll get more farther in life with what you want to do.

I've always live by this, Since I loved computer, Since I was 4..

I've gotten very far in all my years ^_^

What exactly do you mean by that? You mean like treat it as a someone? As if it has a soul? I already do that with my comput... errr i mean, thats crazy what are you talking about? Its obviously just a piece of machinery.

The is gonna be my last post for today, Since I don't want to spam, or be accused of it.
My theory, Is that if you think a computer or something is more than an 'it', then you'll get more farther in life with what you want to do.

I've gotten very far in all my years ^_^

So are you saying you trusting a computer to do thing for you because i would say that not the good thing to do what you should trust is yourself and loved ones.

I've gotten very far in all my years :P

So you are saying to trust our computers and it will do more than it's suppose to do? I really don't get what you are trying to tell us. ^_^ Anything reply if you can tell one of us. Thanks.

I know exactly how you feel! I recently had to install ubuntu onto a removable hard drive so I could always have my data. In a way it is like a soul, It can have a thought process and a meaning to its life but it gets iffy around the free will part.. My computer is my friend and I treat it just as I would any other human being. is that odd?

I'm kind of unsure about what you're saying but I think I get what you mean. You're saying that if we treat our computer as a 'being' then we'll do more than we could ever do. Personally, I think of my computers as just . . . computers. I think of them as a device that helps us with everyday things. Even though I think of computers this way, I agree with the second part of your opinion. The computer gives access to tools and communication with people that we wouldn't ever come across without a computer. I do though disagree with the part about treating computers as a 'being' or 'living thing' or whatever. They're just simply devices that accomplish the task that they're given.

I dont think a computer can really (not until they have near real brains) be called anything but "it". A comuter is only as clever as the person who created it, It doesnt do any work, its justlie a calcultor which can use a few more functions - you would say a calculator was anything more than an "it". A computer is really just a piece of metal, which with the help of real humans - becomes very fast - but not clever - never clever, it only knows what it has been told to know by the person who made/programmed it.

I dont think a computer can really (not until they have near real brains) be called anything but "it". A comuter is only as clever as the person who created it, It doesnt do any work, its justlie a calcultor which can use a few more functions - you would say a calculator was anything more than an "it". A computer is really just a piece of metal, which with the help of real humans - becomes very fast - but not clever - never clever, it only knows what it has been told to know by the person who made/programmed it.

My computer is my third arm, I don't rely on it, it relies on my. It doesn't tell me what I can't do, I tell it what I CAN do. The only boundaries a computer has are the user's boundaries, for it is no more than a tool. A Man's computer is a gate to that man's soul.

I know this might sound a bit unreal, but my computer is that to me, an extension of what I'm capable of.

I don't live by these rules, they live by me. I've had the privilege of being accompanied by one all these years. :D

Well I am not embarassed to say that I have feelings for my computer. I am a lost soul without it and we make a great couple. My partner is at the point of wanting to be reincarnated as a laptop, just to get equal attention.

Its always happy to see me, and we just have fun together ;)

My computer's name is Violet by the way...

I've gotten very far in all my years ;)