xisto Community
gaea

How To Attain "level 1" Status? ...must be someting new.

Hello everyone,I used to use Xisto a lot back in the day, but have since switched over to Xisto - Web Hosting due to my lack of free time. I wanteded to drop by and post my new website design so I could get some feedback on it. However the site won't allow me to post in that catagory, presumably because I am not "Level 1." I am a premium member, and have made 193 quality posts to date. Do you think I'm really at risk of spamming things? ^_^The real error I get is "Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum." That being said, i've posted in this catagory in the past, and so am assuming it has to do with the fact that "This forum is now strictly monitored. This section is reserved for Member Level 1 or higher. This is to prevent unwanted spam advertisement by just passing bystanders. Thank you."Any assistance would be much appreciated.Thanks,~Paolo

It should have been automatic for everyone has more then 100 posts, but I think due to the lack of activity that the forum didn't pick you up, I suggest getting a hold of an admin and see if they can fix your account, because I don't know if you have to do a steady rate of posting for this permission to kick in or not.

Presumably, you were trying to start a new topic in the Website Showcase forum. I can only assume that this still only allows [HOSTED] members to start new topics there. There used to be a separate "Non-hosted Members" sub-forum but that got removed.

Please post your topic in the General Talk forum for the time being, stating in it that you posted it that forum after being unable to start it in the correct one.

I have started a new topic in the moderators and admins forum, specifically about this problem and hopefully we shall be able to resolve this issue.

Thank you for reporting this problem ^_^

BuffaloHELP has fixed the permissions. Now non-hosted and hosted members are able to post in the Website Showcase forum.

Cool. Would someone mind moving my other post into the Website Showcase forum now? I'd delete it and remake it, but I don't think I have permissions to do that. The thread is located at: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/57539-feedback-on-webdesign-political-art-video-gallery/

I haven't received any feedback on the design as of yet, and am hoping having it placed in the correct area might help ^_^

Thanks.
Edited by gaea (see edit history)