xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kobra500

What Do You Think Of This Laptop?

Now it's Ł699 ($1400)

It's a dell

BASE IntelŽ Core 2 Duo Processor T7250 (2.00 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB) OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows VistaŽ Home Premium - English
HARDWARE SUPPORT 1 Year Base Warranty - Collect & Return
COLOUR CHOICE Jet Black Colour with Matte Finish & 2.0mp camera
LCD 17.0" Widescreen WXGA+ (1440x900) TFT Display with TrueLife
MEMORY 3072MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [1x2048+1x1024]HARD DRIVE 320GB (5.400rpm) SATA Hard Drive edit
GRAPHICS CARD nVidiaŽ GeForce Go 8600M GT with 256MB DDR2 dedicated graphic memory
OPTICAL DRIVE Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive including Software
PRIMARY BATTERY Primary 6-cell Lithium-Ion Battery (56 WHr)
BLUETOOTH Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0 Module (up to 3Mbps) with Enhanced Data rate - Eur
ntelŽ Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-Card - Europe - Core 2 Duo Processors

I understand the specs just wnated to know what you think
(ignore the edit bits)
Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

Not bad, execept for the hardware you have I would expect the processor to be a bit faster then that, and 3Gb seems a bit much, although again that could help make up for the lack of a fast processor though.

Thats looks great. No a processor over 2.0GHz for a laptop is over kill. Everything looks great, so what do you plan to use this laptop for eg. gaming, achitexture or something.

Saint what speed would you suggest? 2.4ghtz???

If you find something in that range you be fine and well off with a speedy computer. Like this one for an example and the only thing really wrong with it is the smaller hard drive the one you have posted here. Of course, if you want to feel really special, go drop about $5000 on a alienware notebook and you can push the processor to 2.8ghz.

Thats looks great. No a processor over 2.0GHz for a laptop is over kill. Everything looks great, so what do you plan to use this laptop for eg. gaming, achitexture or something.

Unless you seen the hardware a alienware notebook has then maybe, but my XPS is at 1.84Ghz and it feels a bit sluggish. Even though this computer is like 2 year out dated, but pushing a notebook to 3.0ghz+ is over kill as it will most like blow the computer right up.

2.8 is too much, if you want those speeds, go buy a desktop. 3.0 is not overkill, it is killing the overkill :P my laptop is also 1.8 and it feels fine, unless I make it run 1000 things ^_^ I guess 2 is fine but above is really overkill because if you want power, just go buy a desktop for quarter the price.

Nice, I think that its a good buy for the price. Try searching for coupons, you save a few hundred bucks with them. Dell has lots of promotions and coupons. Quad cores will be introduced in laptops by third quarter this year, which means that you can save a few hundred dollars more when they start using them. So if you dont really need a laptop urgently then I suggest you wait a little bit.

sounds good. i could do with one of them.ive been told that laptops aint that good. my mother has one and something went wrong with it after a year. Lots of people have told me they only last a few years then there no good is this true ???

No it isn't true, a computer lasts as long you properly maintain it; my laptop is working on its second year this summer, although I think I aged it by 10 years because of all the work I have done on it. Yeah you can replace parts as easily as you can with a PC, but if you keep it dust free, give it proper ventilation, and maintain the computer through software, these laptops can last until your motherboard blows up.

Now it's Ł699 ($1400)
It's a dell
I understand the specs just wnated to know what you think
(ignore the edit bits)

try going for a 9Cell battery instead of a regular 6cell.. Those last longer :lol:

Or you could buy a Macbook Pro. They're not giving them away, but they come with the latest and greatest hardware specs usually and you can always install XP on a partition so you can have the best of both worlds. That's what I'm using. This laptop is 17", 18 months old, and still has a 2.33 Mhz Dual Core Intel inside. I've replaced the Hard drive with one that's more up to par (298.09 true GB) compared with the one it came with (160), but otherwise it's stock with 2MB RAM running on a 667 Mhz motherboard, and the ATI Radeon X1600 GCPU with 256 MB of VRAM is probably a little dated by now too, but I'm still loving the experience. With XP on the other partition, it's true what my friend told me when I went to install it. He said, "This will be the most stable version of Windows you've ever seen!" It's absolutely true. Windows doesn't crash when it's on a Mac. It's kinda creepy, really... My point is, the extra money I spent on this laptop has already proven itself worthwhile because I'm still using hardware 18 months later that beats the machine you're thinking of buying in many respects. I can always max my RAM to 4 GB if I want, too. I'm not seeing the need, though. Stay away from Vista, though. That's one POS OS. Just my $.02...

It looks nice. I would only change its battery (6 cell) for a longer-lasting one (8 cells). Sometimes Dell gives you the option to change the default battery included in their laptops for an extra charge (or even give you the choice of buying a second --and better-- battery at a preferential price).Memory looks well, too. Especially if you are planning to keep Windows Vista. I recommend a 64 bits edition, if they give you the opportunity to choose.Go for it.Best regards,-L.