xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Review My Site Review my site please

The website is cluttered and has bad graphics. You've choose the wrong colours to go together. Purple, orange and blue never go together. Purple can only really work well with black and even then it looks like a scary site. Orange and blue can work together, but best works when it's with a strong white content layout.As I said, it's cluttered. If you separated out the pages, it would improve a lot! Don't use iframes either, iframes aren't that attractive. You have loads of java embedded items which cause computers to lag, which will not bring in customers to view your website. It will do the exact opposite.Overall the site is amateurish, you've really got to do your homework on graphics and design. Keep it up though, listen to the suggestions posted here and improve. You've already done 50%, which is the content. Two things which stuck out to me reading the reviews. Yes, it does have a 90s style to it. Nowhere near to a Web 2.0 styled site. The other thing, some guy gave this 9 out of 10 score. What the hell? Your not helping the guy to improve his site which he's came here to for.

eh its too messy and idk.. cheapish looking for me, and your div table is off to the bottom right, if you plan on keeping the blue layout box, you should increase its width, and increase the width of the black table, so the "weather map" doesnt look so out of place, also.. your navigation bar links/the fact that its on a scrowling box, looks kinda outa place and not neat.. you should make a header that has a place for your little box weather thing on the top left, so it looks more neat, then kinda center your navigation with your content side..also on the navigation links you should get rid of the gray, it doesnt look as attractive.. and on your header, i would suggest something more clean for the text, you know??also your background, i say you go with a solid color, because of the type of site you have, use a color that does well to the other colors.. purpleish and yellow, dont go with many colors..and.. the site kinda frroze on me.. lolnot being mean or anything ;) i just have lets say.. uhmmm issues

Edited by gisellebebegirl (see edit history)

Home Page:1. You have cross- browser issues; your website has these problems in Firefox.2. You have your title and then a huge blue box that says Echo of Thunder Website and Forum, the rest of it is blue.3. Make it less graphic, your page would take too long to load on old computers/browsers.Other than that, your site is not that bad.

Hello everyone,Site you is not bad, although art could still work on the layout, are you also could add content and still somewhat interesting for visitors ... Small throws in the lag time loading but is not lose .. At least you have an effort .. 8 / 10

Well this looks great and is straight to the point. On the left are the quick links that take the visitor directly to where s/he needs to good which is also good. I understand u use to have a pic. for your background, which i think was really unprofessional. But you fixed it up and it looks good right now. I think that your forums and chat services are really interesting. By what i am seeing it seems your tracking the weather, which is great. Overall, i'll give it a 8/10. Keep up the good work.

Honestly, very poorly designed. Conidering you used dreamweaver, it is capable of sites a 100 times better. Put CSS to good use, use more images. The background image ruined everything, it looked like a dated old site. Very messy design, CSS will sort it out. Buttons could be on the top instead. Too plain text, no user centric interface. Poor combination of colours. Try downloading some Free Templates as reference.

I notice you have basic knowledge of where to place thingsHowever i advise you use a plain background . or at least a gradient background. or tile it so it doesnt repeat. cause that makes the site look messyat the same time i notice that you have a frame within a frame. which isnt a good thing because you can see scrolling arrows . too much scrolling bars don't make the website look good eitheron the top where you have the marquee, the font used is red and blue. red and blue don't exactly go together. usually with colors you'd want two colours that are the same but jst different shades, or even two of the opposite colors but not two colors that over power each other. and makes a viewer not know which one to look at.im glad that ur music player has a stop button because some prefer not to have music. especially because not everyone has the same taste of music.your chose of blue and grey text is good though. cause those two go together well. blue and white is even better since everything goes with white neway.

:) 6/10 I would say the bakround is matches the sites purpose, but looks funny with the tile setup. It also looks really old with it's layout and look, and that autoplay might not be the best option too. The site is to cluttered, not the best choices, but everyone is different with their choice of opinion. :P

I have tried to visite your web site, but it says "You need to install Java to view all content on this page. Do you want to download Java now?". So I need to install Java to view your website. If any day I install Java, I will try to visite your site again. Hop that time I will find a better forum and chat page there. Wish your success.

Hi

Buddy, if you install Java and try to visit this site. Do this job and give some strong reviews. :)

And now you web designer.
your theme is good.
And
Remaining all things are bad, bad and bad.
Your font size, texture, all things.

If it is your first site then i give you 6/10.

thanks

I have tried to visite your web site, but it says "You need to install Java to view all content on this page. Do you want to download Java now?". So I need to install Java to view your website. If any day I install Java, I will try to visite your site again. Hop that time I will find a better forum and chat page there. Wish your success.

thats easy to help you with go to sun java system

now I have read all the threads and I see some thing it looks bad but some also think it is to the point.
To the point is just what Echo of thunder was meant to be. Straight up and to the point.
With how the weather is now a day's these kind of sites are becomming more and more. some better and some a lot worse.
Edited by Echo_of_thunder (see edit history)

wow do you build it on your own? its great! What forum do you use in? VBulletin or phpbb?The only thing i dont like is the background image that become repeated since my screen is wide screen

Nicely done indeed!The theme is supported by the song! Nice touch. What I would look to 'tweek' are these: The 'red' text on the scrolling marquee is a bit uncomfortable. The Red in the info box works well.In addition, within the info box: I'd go with Blues that are a shade or two lighter. The darker blue that is currently present(for Admin. etc.), boarders on un-readable.Short of that?I like it!Alot!Michael

Personally I think the website shows that you do have some sort of experience.It's good that you know not to repeat the background so it stays in one place and doesn't look silly. However I myself prefer not to have a image as a background. Or if i use a image .. it would be rather transparent. I think the way you made your navigations are alrite :lol:However, I've seen alot of ppl put their forums within a frame. That is the only thing I hate most.And I've learnt that websites usually form a grid .. and yours doesn't.Like the media player and counter should be aligned in some way rather then placed on the right hand side as if its floating in the middle of no where.Other then that. yer its alrite.^_^