xisto Community
sl4y3r1980

Windows Vista, Better Or Not?

Eh, I would go with Kubuntu but I have issues with the fact that a lot of games won't run on it(unless they're made with Linux clients as well.)I'm a very big gamer, so that's a big issue for me.And yeah, there are some programs out there that will "allow" you to play Windows games on Linux, but a lot of games still aren't supported even with that.The other issue was finding my drivers on Linux, :D.I honestly don't know enough about it to determine whether or not it would be an easy transition though. As long as I am still able to use XP I won't worry about it, but if I find out Vista is the only choice on my next computer, I'm going to search more in depth.

I am another person that has to actually say that vista has treated me pretty well. I was working as a pc tech and did the intel retail edge program which gave me a e6300, intel board and vista ultimate for a steal. I just decided to run that system and vista ultimate has been great for me, besides some initial software incompatibility issues. I run win2000/xp pro on my touchscreen laptop, so vista on my desktop doesn't bother me. Games play just fine.

Vista works perfectly for me. I have 3gigs of RAM and Dual core 2gig processor, on both my xp desktop and vista tablet convertable laptop.The only difference I notice is internet speed, which is because of wifi, because i have normal speed when using a lan cable. I dont see what all the fuss is about to be honest. I have both and there isnt anything ive done on my xp that i cant do in vista.On a side note, I like your sig t3jem... :D

Hello everyone,I hear much skepticism regarding Microsoft Vista however I must admit I myself was really a skeptic regarding Microsoft Windows Vista because of several reasons it needed too much way toomuch hardware to run it properly and then there were those glitches everyone were talking about. However once again you cannot regard program unitl you use it so after I bought my new computer I have decided to install Vista as my first operating system. I have installed windows Xp also but just because one game and that is Sid Meirs Civilization 4 as they don't want to provide patch for Windows Vista. And it is working properly I must admit I haven't had any problems with Vista in three months time it did not crashed not a once. And I am working some serious jobs on the computer and I have almost all the time some IDE enviroment opened and since I don't like closing it and saving all the work when I am taking rest I just leave it and go and play some sins of solar empire or something else that would relax me. But my point is that Windows vista is working and it is really safer then windows xp. And according to many companies and Microsoft themselves they have allowed better API(application programming interface) for the security sot that all the programs would work in safer enviroment and that Anti Virus companies have better access to security of the operating system. So before you say anything against vista first try it and then you can really decide. My computer is Intel 2.5Ghz Core 2 Quad new core yorkfieldthen 4 GB of RAM and Asus motherboard

Too be honest I couldn't care less. But since you asked, i have had vista and I had no problems with compatibility, although my hardware bundle consists of a printer which is fairly and the driver was easy to find on google new a camera which, again, is fairly new and the driver was on google and a scanner which is ancient and there was no driver available...anywhere. The invulnerable thing is a pile of crap though, I've had more people at school complaining about spyware, viruses and the like then I have about anything else! Vista's release was rushed, they should have set them self a further release date and spent longer smoothing over the holes and making it more hardware friendly for the people with problems and less easy to attack, i could send someone a link on msn to a website with nothing on it, and they would come out with something!

Does anyone find it funny that Internet Explorer 8 is already in the works? And OS7 is on its way? I believe Vista has only been out for over a year (January 2007) and Internet Explorer 7 has been out for a little over the same (October 2006).
Guess Microsoft is either on the ball with trying to develop something bigger and better already, or they've already given up on their own past projects.

Not really, not everyone was fond of IE7 because of the mistakes it made with standards, IE8 on the other hand is fixing all those mistakes and so the same concept with Windows 7 is doing that for Vista,

IE8 & OS7 = Well, it is still in the first stages, I wouldn't be surprised as Microsoft wants to get back on track I guess.They don't pay attention to Vista anymore and whatever was behind them to make Windows 7 :D I just hope this is worth the wait because I'm skipping Vista and straight jumping to OS7 :D

Lets hope that Windows 7 makes everyone feel better about having Vista on their computer.

I have windows vista since 2007, I have installed one time once, and not formated my pc after I install vista, windows vista is very good, in recovery systems, and more invulnerable from viruses, spywares, is the better, wich windows defender, no comments. :(

Well but vista through a corporate enviroment and your opinion might change as that is where most of the complains are coming from and the small group of hardcore computer nuts.

The worst part about it isn't even that it takes 512 mb of ram. Ram is cheap these days. But that even with 1-2 gb's of ram it lags out horribly a lot of the time.
On top of that, for some unknown reason - even with a fresh Windows install - Vista taxes my CPU hardcore. I can easily get a quad core 2.4 ghz up to 40% on all 4 cores even while just idling. I don't understand why.

Same thing goes with the hard drive. It's as if it is constantly working even while it shouldn't be.

In terms of supporting software...For the most part those issues are fixed now. There are not many programs I can find anymore that won't work on it. At the same time, though, they run much, much slower on Vista than on XP.

Well you need to have a fast processor 2.6-3.0Ghz, and a big graphics card, at least 256MB, in order to take up some of the RAM the GUI uses. As for the hard drive you might want to look into the 10,000RPM ones even though 7600RPM is still good to run vista.

Windows Vista is actually good on my computer (well, maybe a 1 in a million chance, but there are still those 100 people who have a good time with it), but as soon as I get the DVD burned, I'm getting Kubuntu 8.04 installed.

Eh, I would go with Kubuntu but I have issues with the fact that a lot of games won't run on it(unless they're made with Linux clients as well.)
I'm a very big gamer, so that's a big issue for me.

And yeah, there are some programs out there that will "allow" you to play Windows games on Linux, but a lot of games still aren't supported even with that.

The other issue was finding my drivers on Linux, :D.

I honestly don't know enough about it to determine whether or not it would be an easy transition though. As long as I am still able to use XP I won't worry about it, but if I find out Vista is the only choice on my next computer, I'm going to search more in depth.

Although the name is there but linux has a program to run windows games, just can't think of it right now as my brain is fried at the moment.

I am another person that has to actually say that vista has treated me pretty well. I was working as a pc tech and did the intel retail edge program which gave me a e6300, intel board and vista ultimate for a steal. I just decided to run that system and vista ultimate has been great for me, besides some initial software incompatibility issues. I run win2000/xp pro on my touchscreen laptop, so vista on my desktop doesn't bother me. Games play just fine.

I am that camp I haven't had too many problems with Vista, just because I haven't use it all that much, need to set up a day to reinstall Vista on my new hard drive though so I can use my 500 Gb hard drive more effectively.

I've heard this: Windows Vista is more Invulnerable to viruses, trojans, hacks, and more. And I've heard this one: Windows Vista is not compatible on most Hardwares and softwares, and Windows Vista isn't more invulnerable to viruses. Which one is right..?
Thanks for your postings

Sorry, But The first one is right,

Windows Vista is a new system, but most software and games made now are vista cabtiable. But security is not an issue if you have some good firewall and security programs. And Windows Vista is Invulnerable to viruses, trojans, hacks, and more if you stay up to date with the updates and have a security software. But most old games work on wiindows vista because, most games can't tell if your computer is what Windows verision. And the best thingabout Windoes Vista is the new features and more easy to find and user security. Some things are bad with windows vistia is that you have to confirm eveything that can make changes to the computer in order to protect the computer. There are hardware that is made just for windows vista and other are not but you can find the company that makes your hardware and find some updates or a windows visita software. But most people think that their old games will not work at all, thats not true. and misleading. most games should work, unless its broken or out of date, if the game is made befor 2007 of may than that game was not made windows vista captiable, all microsoft games should work on all computers, if you meet the hardware spec. and games afther 2007 of june are made to work with windowes vista