xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
krazygoddess

What Should I Do? Please help me out here with your vote.

What should I do, Please read my story first then vote!  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok well if any of you have read my stories about my mom you would know she just passed away March 20th. Thats not the issue here though, the issue was her service, We paid alot for it and it was totally messed up. Theres nothing like sitting at a loved ones funeral service ( in the funeral home not a church) and as you are all sitting there crying for you loved one and as if thats not bad enough, but the service that you, or your family has paid for is a complete mess. Yes I understand this was an old man probably late 60's ealy 70's and he had a cold and was feeling under the weather. BUT He so totaly messed up my moms service beyond fixable. He had almost all his dates wrong, he had my brother and I who are 10 years apart with different fathers as twins. In the survived by he had left out one of my children completely and he had my uncle (moms brother) Listed as her nephew. My brother and I were of course sitting bye eachother and when it was almost over I scooted next to him for support and we hugged and cried and he looked me in the face and said that was horrible. I agreed we were both so very upset as were other family memebers that attended. Ok where I am stuck and needing some help is with this. I understand like i said again that he was 1. Old 2. Not feeling well.But on the other hand this was a last memory for alot of people that he completely messed up and that can not be fixed or replaced. I am thinking he needs to be replaced, I would hate to see him do this to another family. I am kinda over it thinking whats done is done. but it was horrible and i hope no one else has to experince it. Now please help me out with my poll. Thank you.

That is completely inexcusable.I'm not sure what can be done, as I've only been to three funeral services (one I don't remember, one by the Army, and one for the father of one of my friends), but at the very least, I would either a) talk to the guy and tell him straight-out that he butched up what was supposed to be, at the very least, an accurate and sentimental memorial service for a loved one, :lol: talk to his supervisor (unless he owns the funeral home), c) never refer anyone to him, or d) negotiate a price drop, since this isn't something light that you can do all over again. He screwed it up; he should pay the price in compensating for some, if not all, of the services that he administered.If he is starting to go senile himself, he probably shouldn't be administrating any services at all and resign to a less prominent position that won't drastically affect suffering and surviving family members.On the other hand, you could live and let go. It all depends on the type of person you are.

Edited by rayzoredge (see edit history)

No no no, do not let it go. If the funeral service messed up, then you need to take action so they learn. Even though he was old, and had a cold that is not an excuse for what he did. I can only imagine what it would be like, being in a loved ones funeral and being a bit mad and sad because it was not like it was supposed to be. You want to honour your mom, and want the funeral to be like you wanted it to. I think he should not administrate funerals if he can not do it properly.

My dad always want things like he said and asked for. For example he ordered a door, and when he got the wrong one he said to them that he would not pay the bill until he got the right one, and that they had to come and get the door them self. If you order a medium rare steak on a restaurant, and you get one well done, would you eat it or complain?

Like razoredge said; It all depends on the type of person you are. I think you should complain. Why would you pay for something you are not satisfied with? Good luck.

Like everyone else is saying, do something, what happened is inexcusable regardless of whether the curator guy was young or old and sick or well. You can't just let yourself get screwed like that, regardless of the cause and the circumstances.