xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
magic

Global Warming Just a thought

I certainly believe that global warming exists and that were are in a period of warming - it's quite undeniable, and a nearly all credible scientists would agree. But it is the cause, the degree, and the problems that will be faced from global warming that people simply can't agree on.I happen to believe that the global warming we are experiencing is natural for the most part. I don't believe that humans have had absolutely no effect on climate change - dumping millions of tons of carbon and methane into the atmosphere can't possible have no consequence, I do believe that we need to cut back regardless of whether global warming proves to be a threat or not on the simple premise of living more in harmony with earth. There is evidence mainly from ice cores that there exists a relatively short period (1500-2000 year) climate cycle that exists in the temperate and frigid zones (clearly there are no ice core samples from the tropics). Historical evidence does support this argument, with records of a Medieval Optimum, a period of higher than normal temperatures in Europe, and the Little Ice age that Europe experienced from the 16th to 19th centuries. No one has a clear answer to how global warming will affect us (even though people might claim they do), and so its up to us to consider what evidence there is, come to a conclusion, and decide what we individually want to do about it.

Thamks for the link to the global cooling. I wonder why they have never let us know about this. All they talk about is Global Warrming.So dose this mean we are actually cooling down or what?

Thamks for the link to the global cooling. I wonder why they have never let us know about this. All they talk about is Global Warrming.So dose this mean we are actually cooling down or what?

I for one agree with the article and its sources. However, the greater issue is that each side has their own agenda. Why would scientists oppose the "go green" movement? That's where all the money is at right now, so it's a matter of morals over money. When people ask "what about those other scientists that don't agree?" then Al Gore points a finger at his side and says "we got more." You know what else Al Gore wants to do? Initiate a carbon tax on people, which is completely not their fault. If anything, the companies themselves that make the products that contribute to "global warming" should be taxed. Don't be influenced by any side, find out the facts for yourself. Record your own temperatures and don't trust anybodies fancy graphs. As Alex Jones says, "there's a war on for your mind."

No one has a clear answer to how global warming will affect us (even though people might claim they do), and so its up to us to consider what evidence there is, come to a conclusion, and decide what we individually want to do about it.

That's not going to be your choice, people who think they should control everything will make that choice for you. Edited by dre (see edit history)

Global Warming?The national weather service has kept records for what 200yrs? Myself I feel as it is not global warming but just a phase the earth is going through, like it does ever so offen. the last minor freeze back in the 1800's when all the big rivers in England froze. Every couple of million years. the earth is off it's axes just a little bit.It is only my feeling but I think that has a lot to do with this so called global warming effect. As for what we, the people of earth are doing. All the pollution. That is not any help at all. Maybe it is a little of both who know's.But I do feel as it is just a phase.

Global warming might not be caused by pollution, but golly, a lot of other problems are.

Then they should identify the problem for what it really is.

What about deforestation? What good does that do for anyone?

Well, if you say anyone, then it creates jobs, makes money, and builds houses. Edited by dre (see edit history)

I believe it is a faze like a few of you all said. As far as deforestation, Hmmm well like der says we do need homes and stuff built, but on the other hand I ehibk we can build them outts bick and rock also to cut down on the use of wood. and Al Gore wellas with all other higher ups they all wast there money on stupid stuff basically so they dont get taxed to death is my thought.I think the should get to the truth instead of beating around the bush about Global Warmming. As far as taxing everyone for the carbon thing now that is just stupid. I also think they should tax the companies that make the product maybe then they will find somthing new to improve it.

Global temperatures on both land and sea have increased by 0.75 °C (1.35 °F) relative to the period 18601900, according to the instrumental temperature record. This measured temperature increase is not significantly affected by the urban heat island effect.[52]Since 1979, land temperatures have increased about twice as fast as ocean temperatures (0.25 °C per decade against 0.13 °C per decade).[53] Temperatures in the lower troposphere have increased between 0.12 and 0.22 °C (0.22 and 0.4 °F) per decade since 1979, according to satellite temperature measurements. Temperature is believed to have been relatively stable over the one or two thousand years before 1850, with possibly regional fluctuations such as the Medieval Warm Period or the Little Ice Age.

So we all should think about it.

Notice from electriic ink:
Cut and paste from wikipedia quoted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

Edited by electriic ink (see edit history)

Global temperatures on both land and sea have increased by 0.75 °C (1.35 °F) relative to the period 18601900, according to the instrumental temperature record. This measured temperature increase is not significantly affected by the urban heat island effect.[52]Since 1979, land temperatures have increased about twice as fast as ocean temperatures (0.25 °C per decade against 0.13 °C per decade).[53] Temperatures in the lower troposphere have increased between 0.12 and 0.22 °C (0.22 and 0.4 °F) per decade since 1979, according to satellite temperature measurements. Temperature is believed to have been relatively stable over the one or two thousand years before 1850, with possibly regional fluctuations such as the Medieval Warm Period or the Little Ice Age.So we all should think about it.

Again, it all depends on who you trust. If we were told that temperatures rose in the atmosphere about 10 miles up, you either believe it or you don't, you're not going to fly up and take the temperature yourself. I distinctly remember temperature patterns being different from 7-8 years ago to what they're like now, but I can't go back in time and verify it myself. At about this time, I remember things to be warmer than they are, and in the summer, they were a tad bit cooler. I still have to walk around in pants half the time, but I remember that 8 years ago, I'd be dying from heat if I wore pants anytime near April.
May I ask why things such as this: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ aren't headline news?

WoW now thats an intresting artical. I was wondering about other planets in our solar system. It sounds like a trend but yet other scientests are not aknowleging it. Question still remans who and what do we believe? I know I still believe the earth is going to change like it has in years. So I still cannot believe thay can point there fingers at us and say its our fault. Besides to my understanding it was space launches that created the mass hole in the ozone.

Question still remans who and what do we believe?

There's a war on for your mind.

I know I still believe the earth is going to change like it has in years.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/world-cooling-but-scientists-insist-that-warming-is-real-1-1162533
Just to show that I'm not making this stuff up.
Edited by dre (see edit history)

Dre, I wasn't saying that I didn't believe you. I am sorry for the miss understanding. I meant what we are told by these scientests. The articals that you have given are very intresting facts. I have read all the links you have given. It just seems these scientest disagree with one another. I know that the weather here has changed a great deal from when I was younger, like summer is hotter than it use to be and the winters seem warmer. For instance when I was younger it seemed we had snow all winter long. Now it seems to be more ice storms and such. Not to mension all the flooding that is going on.Please don't think I was talking about you I am very sorry for the missunderstanding!

Dre, I wasn't saying that I didn't believe you. I am sorry for the miss understanding. I meant what we are told by these scientests.

No, I should say sorry, I never meant that towards you, but just to show to anyone who might want to respond to what I say that I back myself up with facts. It doesn't make or break my day if somebody disagrees with me, I just want to get to the truth, and I'm showing what I've come up with along the way.

Please don't think I was talking about you I am very sorry for the missunderstanding!

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I guess I should be more specific next time.

I know of a way to solve Global Warming. Very easy.Simply corner off half of the pacific ocean, freeze it, chop it in half, then use heaps of planes and helicopters to dump that MASSIVE ice block ontop of Antarctica and on top of the North Pole. Problem Solved. ^_^On the other hand, if you wanted to kill 6 billion people easily just drop a nuclear bomb on top of Greenland and Antarctica.OK, OK I know I am being mean, hehe :PI think we have caused Global Warming. We caused pollution and we are stuffing up the world.Is it any coincidence that our population has suddenly skyrocketed as industrial revolutions skyrocketed, air pollution jumped, trees destroyed, ice shelves snap in two and sink... we are the cause.Look at some of our most populated places and how disgusting they are (in terms of air pollution). We caused this, not nature.Although the earth may slowly be naturally warming up, we definitely have sped up this process.

Well, maybe we both took it the wrong way dre, But any ways I really apreciate the links you send they are very informive. Thia whloe global warming has everyone in an up roar, honestly I don't believe we have control over it. Thats judging from the articals you have posted. The question is if we do have control over what can we do with out interfering with our resorces?