xisto Community
ICE-XG

What's Your Favorite Game System - Console select one from each poll

What is your favorite game system!?!  

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well.. i would like to write a great, detailed reponse, except, i dont really now that much about most consoles. ive had a ps1 since i was like 5, then i got a ps2 wen i was like 10 or something, and soon (hopefully) im gonna get a ps3my fav games r sport games, and shooters (especially war ones) are also pretty good.

I have a PS2 because by brother wanted one. I think a PC is a gaming console in itself, along with other abilities.

By far, my favorite system is the PlayStation 2. It's got all my favorite games on it and most of them are worth playing over and over.Runner up, I like the old school Nintendo getting dusty in my closet. Most of the games were original in their own way and, despite their graphics, were fun to play.

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System hands down. Nintendo still has the basic idea of how to make games actually entertaining, whereas the other consoles are devoting about 75% of their system resources to AMBIENT LIGHTING and REDNERING SHADOWS. Who cares about that if your games aren't fun and suck? The fact Nintendo has their own series of games versus mainly relying on third party creations is also a plus, as most of their games have a nostalgic feeling to older games in the series.

my fav console is a modded console a mix between the ps3 and xbox360 it has full playback of all games and use either remotes, huge hard drive, and the graphic cards are great but useless really as the gaes are made for low graphic settings. i founf the console on xport.com great site they do all modding and stuff for consoles. the only down part of this console is the price at around 2k

In my point of view a computer is the best system to play games, the feature that turns my opinion is that it can play any games of another system just because all the others are no more than almost a computer without some functions, and some of them with things that lack in a computer.I think that te other systems are only for saving money... but well... its just what I think :XD:

Well of course computer, a computer for multi players is the best because you meet way more people on the computer than xbox and such, and it is way fun to play those MMORPG games than halo (in my opinion) I only like xbox and PS, and such when you have friends over, like its fun to play smash brothers when you have visitors but when you don't PC plus its also great to meet people from different place like I am in America and it is alsome to meet someone in china or something. Sega was a cool console but it was gone and sonic went to Nintendo sadly. I liked the retro games like pacman which was made by atari. Gameboy pocket was horrible not even color even atari had color :XD: and gameboy color was great too but was useless if you didn't have any light source. gameboy advance was basicly the same thing but the screen was more wide and more games, gameboy sp was great it had a light source and it was a big screen, and the DS was super advance with the controls panel where you have those birthdays, to alarms, and its even touchpad! Nintendo 64 was soo fun it was the greatest, and a great game was 1024 ahah. Nintendo gamecube was ehh ok but I thought it wasn't that popular plus I didn't really like the games only wario. The Wii is the best outthere soo far its really fun and never get tired of it. Playstation 1 was cool it but could of been better, I loved playstation 2 because it was soo nice and popular plus my favorite games was for it :). Playstation 3 is nice for graphic wise but the games are boring and it is expensive. PSP is the best handheld console ever it was like a smaller PS3. Xbox was ehh, ok not the best tough I thought playstation 2 was better, Xbox 360 was nice it had good graphics and alot of people play online.

i proudly own an Modded xbox (very rare in Australia) and i love it. you can do much more then an XBOX 360 on an modded xbox like mod games for starters, load programs, load version of linux which looks pretty damn close to windows and connect a mouse and keyboard to it. so yeah notheing beats and modded xbox

Computers will always surpass the capabilities of a console... simply because you can do everything with a computer now. It's a multipurpose machine... you can watch TV, movies, listen to music, play games, do your homework, design a website, program new software, hack existing hardware/software... and you can upgrade it if it's lagging behind on what you want it to do. :P Out of just consoles, I think the new-gen winners would have to be the Xbox 360 and the Wii. The 360 wins praise for a great gaming library, backwards-compatibility with many older games, and great potential. The Wii is great because it's loads of fun, has an innovative way of play, has great games, and the Virtual Console brings back memories with a growing library of classics from Zelda titles, Mario titles, and hits like Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, and Secret of Mana.I'm a out-with-the-old, in-with-the-new sort of person, but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy playing something for the sake of nostalgia. And the two consoles I mentioned above do just that. The PS3 also has limited backwards-capability and throws in the entertainment potential of Blu-Ray, but I don't hear enough praise about the console itself to warrant any recommendation. The price tag is also a rather large turn-off, even with the recent price drops.We will have our fan boys in this thread. Choose whatever floats your boat. I know what floats mine. :D

I would have to say I like gaming on my computer the most, for a lot of reasons too. First of all it has by far the biggest game catalog, no game console is remotely close to it in that department. Also the modding communities are great, modding games like Oblivion and Halo are so much fun and it's one of th real draw backs to consoles. Desktop machines are also beasts, being able to upgrade a computer means that, if you want want to upgrade it every year, your machine will always blow consoles out of the water in terms of performance. Also, most games work much better with a mouse and keyboard than any controller, like RTS and FPS games. The only game console I have actually began to really like is the Wii, just because it's so different from what sony and microsoft are trying to do, it's built to have fun.