xisto Community
haberjj01

Need Help Installing Dolphin Community Script!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I really need help in installing the dolphin community script. I have absolutely no previous experience of scripts or programming. I would really appreciate if someone could walk me through it step-by-step, or even do it for me by logging into my cpanel. I have tried to install it my self but I'm a little confused. I'm sure it won't take very long at all for someone who has done this before.

Haslip to answer your question the dolphin community script is a open source (though you need a license) social networking script, that lets you upload videos, photos, have blogs etc etc. You can find out more info here about this script.

As for what kind of help do you need haber? As the installation is pretty straight forward if you follow the steps appropriately, just make sure to you pay attention to the permissions, as I wasn't and had to delete everything :lol:. If it is not about installing the software your better off looking for support on there site, and if your looking for installation help just pm contact info for either msn, yahoo, or gtalk and Italk you through it.

Haslip to answer your question the dolphin community script is a open source (though you need a license) social networking script, that lets you upload videos, photos, have blogs etc etc. You can find out more info here about this script.
As for what kind of help do you need haber? As the installation is pretty straight forward if you follow the steps appropriately, just make sure to you pay attention to the permissions, as I wasn't and had to delete everything :lol:. If it is not about installing the software your better off looking for support on there site, and if your looking for installation help just pm contact info for either msn, yahoo, or gtalk and Italk you through it.

Actually, from looking at the instructions again, I think I can do the software installation. However, I think the main problem that I am having is that I have never uploaded anything on a server before so I have no idea how to use ftp. I don't know where to upload the script or the correct way to access it afterwards to start the installation.

Does the script use a database? Is it a PHP script? You might need to set up a MySQL database and do some chmodding in order to install it. Generally reading the README it comes with or support documentation on intsallation will give you great instructions. You will need to upload the folder though through FTP.

This is how you may do this.

Need Help Installing Dolphin Community Script!

I guess You have done installation already but I write here anyway how it is done.

First You have to make MySQL database and create phpmyadmin user name+password(Do not forget to save to notebook..You will need this info in both ways of installation) and give this user permissions to use database(if you don't know how check on youtube).

1 Way)If you use cpanel then go to public_html and push upload button and upload zip. File there then extract it if it's not working chmod or change permissions of the zip file to 777, then go and to the web page you are installing it there suppose to be at the moment dolphin installation if you put it on the root of your webpage.After that installation goes easy there are instructions to chmod/change permissions of the files. Good luck.

2 Other Way)

Use for example FTP Core lite first create new site then put correct information there site name then host it may be ip/url/or host ex.Mysql2.****host.Com then username of MySQL something_something and MySQL password and port is almost always 21 then push connect bottom and wait.

If you don't get connected you did something wrong.But if you did connect all you have to do is transfer dolphin zip file or all dolphin unzipped files to public_html or if you have subdomain like http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ then go public_html and community and upload there. Then go to your browser and http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and installation begins. Good luck with that.

-reply by Maria