xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
takotsu

Organized Religion

How can anyone trust the men and women in charge of organized religions anymore? (by "organized religion" i mean Catholicism, Islam, etc.)The Catholic church has been filled with corruption for hundreds of years, dating back to the dark ages. Now, the priests, the ones meant to protect and guide the people, are being excommunicated and arrested for molesting children. How can people still follow these people?In the Islamic world, there are men that manipulate the words of the Que ran for their own gain and claim that they are instructed to send people to their deaths in the name of Allah. Why do people believe them?There are many other religions, each with their own problems and secrets.In my opinion, being a teen aged uncategorized Christian, uncategorized meaning that I do not classify myself with Lutheran, Catholic, Baptist, or any other label, you don't need someone to read the Bible, Torah, Que ran, or whatever, to you, all you need is the ability to read it and your own interpretations of the meanings of the contents.I feel that you can find God, Allah, whatever, easier by taking a look around you and examining the world and your life than by going to a mosque, temple, or church and listening to some guy read a book to you.This is only my opinion, but hell, I can read a book on my own. I don't need anyone to read it for me. Besides, the bible says its better to pray alone in a dark room where no one can hear you, than in the middle of a crowded market with people around.

It's true with me, I hate the pope, nothing against catholics etc and the same with most religions the trouble is and i'm using catholism as an example, they don't realise its not 32 bc anymore and that wat view were than aren't what they were now. #look at gay for example, there is nothig wrong with it, if god had anything against it then there would be no gays because he wouldn't allow it, of course i'm an athiest but the point is that religion needs to smell the coffee. Also religions are busineses as well... they make money, how can you trust anyone in charge of a multi million pound business... you can't really.

exactly. and the same goes for those "Super Churches" in America too.every single pastor at those "Super Churches" (the ones with several thousands of members) make MILLIONS of dollars each year.some even own as many as NINE DIFFERENT MANSIONS. and dozens of cars, boats, jets, etc.and that's the reason I never liked going to church with my grandparents.one more:televangelists. I wont go too far into detail, but how can sending a check for fifty dollars in the mail make Jesus forgive you? How can some guy touching your forehead heal you of cancer? or allow you to walk again?

I gave up on organized religion a long time ago. To give my reasons would be redundant as others have already expressed most of them. Having someone preaching hell, fire and damnation to me is really not my bag. Neither is having them beg for money or dunning me for 10% of my income.

I have my beliefs, but I don't shout about them or try to convert people to them. I don't need anybody intervening on my behalf. I would rather communicate directly. I don't need anybody telling me how to interpret the bible either. I am intelligent enough to figure it out for myself. I really dislike bible thumpers. If someone wants to exchange ideas with me, I am open to their thoughts on the subject. Keeping an open mind to the possibility that somebody else may have a better grasp on things is always best. We learn daily from the exchanges and experiences we have with others. I try to live by the Golden Rule, which you may laugh at, but it has served me well over my lifetime.

For those who don't know what the Golden Rule is:

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

For me, religion is something personal and should not be organized by people telling you what to do and such things. And I do not fancy religions where people hurt others, in any way! It pisses me off when immigrants especially from the Middle-east come to live here, in a search for a better life, and then they expect us to respect them, without us getting respect back. Of course many of them does fit in quite good with their new culture, but it feels like they wants us to start living their way. Ah, a bit of topic that one. To be honest I do not really care about my own religion, because I do not feel like I have one. (I do not know why, but some people seem to get shocked by that.) But no, I do hate organized religions. When people have one they should be smart enough to figure out what is right and wrong, instead of listening to people that comes up with new things the whole time. Many religions have existed in many hundred years - why should people suddenly "make" new things about that and that? Arh, I just do not get it.Well my bottom line is; Corruption should not have anything to do with a religion, and people should not take advantage of others by telling them this and that about their religion and stuff like that.

Edited by Bluebear (see edit history)

I think often people believe in a community more than the actual religion at hand. I don't believe in any type of god and I don't think organized religion is necessary; however, it isn't going anywhere any time soon. The catholic church has always been corrupt as hell but it doesn't really matter, it's been the foundation of catholic faith for so long it'd be impossible for it to go away. I really felt like the church I grew up going to was really superficial None of the people cared about me personally, they just thought they should be friendly because they were "good" christians. I don't really respect the idea of being a good person because you think you are supposed to be.