xisto Community
AndrewJ

Do You Have Glasses?

Unfortunately, I do. But the relief is, I don't have to wear them all the time. My vision is fine, I just have trouble reading well and seeing from long distances. But my parents force me to where them while on the computer, watching Television, and when I read.Does anyone else have glasses? Do you use them all the time, and what for?

From my experience, i've been using glasses for 9 years. I am suffering from myopia(short sightedness). Before i was using -9.0 glasses but after using some simple steps my vision started to improve. Those simple steps are :1. Palming(closing your eyes with ur palm)2. Healthy habits(eating green vegetables & salad)3. Blinking(Reading books & newspapers without glasses)4. Swinging(moving your eyes left-right and vice-versa)Practise this 2wice a day for a month and see how your eyes sparkle like stars!!!!!!GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

I have had glasses since i was in middle school. I only needed them for school really but i hardly ever wore them because i didnt like the way they looked on me. i only wore them when necessary. then i broke them to get new ones, nicer ones! but i got the same ones. then i broke those too and i went glasses-less for like until now lol my friend has the same vision as me and she said she was getting contacts so she gave me hers since my parents wont get me new ones :/ anywho, i totally use them for when im in school and cant see things on the board. i also use them when someone takes me out to drive, because im gangster and need practice. Makes things a WHOLE lot better. (: also when i watch t.v. from far away cuz...i dont wanna miss out on the good stuff(:

Lets see some pictures of how dorky your glasses look :lol:. I'm kidding I wear them too and apparently someone said I wear them to try and be cute which is not even true lol. I need them because my vision is not very good from long range. I guess I'm short sighted but its probably from my right eye being a lazy eye.

I wear glasses when I am on the computer, and reading and also when I work, so I can see stuff close in.My eyes are fine... my arms are too short, is all... I am fortunate that i have only been wearing glasses for a couple of years. The rest of my family has been wearing them since their school days.

Does this really work? I wear glasses too because of myopia and astig, unfortunately. I sometimes do that blinking thing too, but only in the morning when I read at the breakfast table, because I'm too lazy to find my glasses. lol.
What I do notice though, is that when I use the computer without my glasses, I find my vision disorientated (the kind of feeling when you wear glasses that have a higher degree than your eyesight) when I put them on. Is this normal? Is it also part of the effects of 'blinking'?

From my experience, i've been using glasses for 9 years. I am suffering from myopia(short sightedness). Before i was using -9.0 glasses but after using some simple steps my vision started to improve. Those simple steps are :
1. Palming(closing your eyes with ur palm)
2. Healthy habits(eating green vegetables & salad)
3. Blinking(Reading books & newspapers without glasses)
4. Swinging(moving your eyes left-right and vice-versa)

Practise this 2wice a day for a month and see how your eyes sparkle like stars!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

I wear glasses too. I have these somewhat dorky-looking ones I've been wearing for over 6 years now. Yeah, I know, I should see an optometrist to see if they need recalibration, or whatever term they have for it, but I'm just too lazy to pay a visit, although I would have preferred the excuse, "I don't have time" :lol:One disadvantage of wearing glasses is that I can't wear just any shades, unless I'm willing to compromise my vision. Actually, my eyes hurt when I go outside between 10 AM and 4 PM so I usually wear shades, which, unfortunately, are just plain spectacles without grades. As a result, I can't read signs from afar but, commuting to and from work day after day, I don't find the need to be reading road signs like a tourist. That and I don't drive :DAnyway, I got soft (hydrophillic) contact lenses once. They really are quite nifty; I can wear my shades and I can still recognize people's faces :D I can read; I can see, oh good lord, I can see! Gloria Hallelujah! They're kinda uncomfortable after a while, though. I found that I can only use them when my eyes have been relaxed by a good night's sleep. Considering that I'm losing sleep recently, I don't get to wear them that much anymore.Also, those contact lenses last for up to three months. Actually, they last much longer than that but my friend, who's studying to become an optometrist (how convenient, huh?) advised against it. That said, I ditched the lenses and, now, I'm back to wearing these not-trendy style-cramping glasses.Wait... on second thought, I've had a few guys flirt with me because of my glasses. I suppose some people out there like people with glasses :P If only there were more of them *wistful sigh*

I have 20/20 vision, however I do wear glasses when reading fine print, or online just to keep my vision perfect by not straining my eyes.

I have had glasses since June 2005.In year 7 in 2004 I really noticed my eyes getting worse and worse, so in year 8 I got glasses. I feel bad when looking around without them, in year 5 I could easily read a poster at the end of my bed from lying down in bed, not I cannot read it, its so blurry :lol:A200

I have been using glasses for 5 years.I have myopia.Thats why im using minus powered glasses.now my glass power is 1.25/1.5, 6/6 and it has been fixing for last 2 years.Previously i was told to use cylindrical lenses,but now im told to use uni focal lense

My vison is horible. I'm a -275 in one eye and a -300 in the other. I do need glasses, but I wear contacts most of the time. I didn't like wearing glasses because I hate things being on my face. It kept me from feeling "free". Sports made it hard for wearing glasses too, so contacts were a natural choice for me. I only wear glasses when I'm home at night. If my eyes get tired, I'll take out my contacts and wear my glasses for reading or watching television.

HahaI love when people with glasses fall into the stereotypical mindset of hating them XDbut honestly,I don't have glasses.I know I need themAnd I'd love them.I really can't wait to get myself a pair of glasses.I've wanted them pretty much my entire life,And as soon as I noticed my vision was starting to go, I got really happy.The only problem is, I think, that my mother is lazy and we can't really afford glasses or anything right now.So it'll probably be a little while before I actually get to have myself a pair of glasses. >:

nope don't have glasses. the thing is i hope i never need to have it. not that its such a bad thing but jst cause the way glasses sit over the nose gives me a headache and i cnt wear contacts either because i dont like anything that touches my eyes