xisto Community
emilycrutcher

Death It will come to all, but you needent fear

Death  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Death. That is the one thing people fear most. More than pain, hate, losing your keys, even going mad. But why? Why are people afraid of a new adventure. A chance to restart? It's because you don't actually know what is going to happen. You believe and hope, if you are a christian, that you/they will go to heaven. You hope you/they wont suffer. But the only actual way to proove this is to die.

It is strange - when people are resucitated they don't remember anything of death. Why? We will never know.

But one thing should be certain - you needen't fear another life - an adventure. You should embrace it. Yes, as the Buddah once said (christian as I may be I know) 'The only way to conquer death is to accept it and to accept life' And that is actually what you need to do.

I've had to cope, I think, with more than my fair share of death in my lifetime. But I have coped. And it has made me stronger. I believe that people I have lost are happy.

How could one be scared of a death metal band whose guitarist died many years ago? :( (There's a band called Death <_< )Ok, now to get serious. I've lost some great people in my life, and it sucked when they died. But since then, I've come to accept the loss and move on, just keeping them in my memories. When I think of death, I think of the end of life. The way I look at it, when you die, that's it. You're done. I could be wrong however. Though I do not believe in Heaven and Hell for the reason that all religions, except for Scientology, are based on astrological patterns (but that debate is for another day), I do not know if reincarnation is possible. If it is, then death is merely the end of one soul's lifetime, so that it may pass on to the next. Continuing that theory, if one becomes a ghost and hasn't "moved on" or "gone to the white light", then maybe they have unfinished business, whatever that may be, before they can move on to the next body. And maybe what I put in those quotes means is what happens before one passes into the next body, or the next life. But who knows? No one has proven it yet, so I'm sticking with what I had originally: death is the end. You end up in the dirt or you get cremated.

Edited by Inhuman (see edit history)

It is obviously a very difficult subject, for the simple reason that most of the things that come with death are unknown to us. Also, it depends from which point of view you look at it, do you see death from a Christian (or religious in brief), atheist or scientific point of view? The bible and the Qu'ran speak about life after death (probably all Holy books do), but even the scientists have come forward with lots of theories, one being that, after we are dead, even when our body has decomposed or we have been cremated, our molecules and atoms stay hanging in the air. Now, according to science, molecules and atoms are not dead material, are they? So, from a scientific point of view, you could claim that when we die, there is still something of us around. As for the statements that religions and Holy books make, maybe the Holy books that have been written should not be taken literally, but they often bring their point across in a symbolic and/or cryptic way. In other words, there might just be something in their claims about life after death, the writers of the books at the time were not completely stupid, and some of the things written there have (obviously long after they were written, when scientists and theologists began to do deeper research in the matter, ie. after they stopped fearing damnation if they did not blindly believe and accept what was witten in the books, the power of religion et al.) proven to have real scientific value. So, like, years ago, in the Roman Catholic church, cremations were forbidden, these days they are allowed, provided you do not have yourself cremated in order to deny eternal life (which is why many atheists want to be cremated). But, even if you do have a cremation when you leave this earth, I do not think you are going to escape what lies ahead hereafter (I am not going to start an argument here whether that is eternal life in heaven or hell, re-incarnation, or whatever your atoms do when they are freely roaming the air, I just mean, WHATEVER happens after death). The thing is, so much is still unknown to us, and humanity has always proven to have a certain fear of the unknown. However, coming back to my earlier point, something still happens to you after you have gone, maybe a matter for the scientists, but if there are people on here who have a better understanding of those scientific matters, well, do not hesitate to enlighten us. A final point I want to make is: there have in the past been certain events involving people who had already departed (call it ghosts, apparitions, or whatever) thar have seemed very real, and for which an explanation (a logical one anyway) was never found, and which were impossible to deny, that it does make you wonder what is really waiting round the corner.

because people does not know whats gonna happen next, do you know what i mean?they feel insecure about it. insecurity is the source of many psychological disorders. imagine you think your boyfriend is cheating on your back, it might make you feel happier or make you angry. normally you feel insecure otherwise you wouldn't mind. That's why if you don't like him and you have a chance with better guys, you might be even happier to loose him.insecurities changes our view to life.

Hmm. Well I guess I too am afraid of the process of dying and perhaps the timing. Since I enjoy life so much, I want the time to do all the things I have stored in my thoughts. If death were to come too soon, I might miss out on things I would enjoy doing.

I only hope that death comes quickly to me. If it doesn't, and I have time to ponder the actuality of it, I hope I can face it as gracefully as one person I heard of. On her death bed she said, "Don't feel sorry for me, I am about to do something I have never done before. It will be a new exerience."

I don't belive in god, at least I'm not sure. If god really exists and I go to heaven for being good person even tho I don't believe in god, I hope they have drums and computers up there! Now to get serious, of what mrdee said about molecyles, the substances will never leave the earth just like he said but it doesn't actually mean they exist as a person. I read somewhere that when you reach 30 years of age, you have drunk about 35 000 litres of your own (sorry) urine. Now that means the substances go around the ecosystem a lot and when you die, the water in your body will evaporate, the carbon, the nytrogen and all these stuff will go back to the ecosystem for other living things to use, althought the energy will vanish when you decompose after death. Even if you're being crematored same thing will happen even tho the carbon will change into carbondioxide and the plants will use it to make suger and the water will go up to the atmosphere. All in all death is a real thing and if I could decide, I would like to die peacefully without any violence or pain (like just sleep and never wake up or that kinda stuff). Everyone fears death, thats why you have to decide what you do when you're ALIVE and don't worry about death.