xisto Community
jopak134

Php Or Asp? need help on opinion what to master first

I forgot you mention you had a book on ASP. If you do then you may as well try get going on that even though PHP may be much easier to find help on online. ASP is pretty big as well so I don't think you will have much trouble either there. Just setting up an ASP testing server might be more difficult then on PHP. But yeah you have the book so just use it. I wouldn't want to own an ASP book and let it go to waste collecting dust. There should be plenty of tutorials and examples to give you a solid foundation to progress into good or even expert status if you wish. What ever you choose good luck and work hard it will pay off.

ill stick with php for now, i have a friend with a bookstore <_<. But he don't have any for php but i have found one so ill start with this first before crawling the web.i have another question, i know this is off-topic but people are noticing this one. one of my friend told me to start with javascript first because it has less problems with support in hosting. and if your website is not that dynamicall you should start with this first? is this true i want a second opinion on what he said

ill stick with php for now, i have a friend with a bookstore <_<. But he don't have any for php but i have found one so ill start with this first before crawling the web.
i have another question, i know this is off-topic but people are noticing this one. one of my friend told me to start with javascript first because it has less problems with support in hosting. and if your website is not that dynamicall you should start with this first? is this true i want a second opinion on what he said

To some extend javascript would be able to do what PHP does like parsing out HTML code and it can do things PHP cannot like modify the page content dynamically. In most cases what you will want to do futher down when you want more interactive sites is use a combination of both. There is no reason why you cannot learn both at the same time if you have good memory and can pick up concepts fast.. You will need to grasp HTML > (PHP + Javascript + CSS (MySQL)). How much you need to learn in the parenthesis depends on what you need to do in your web page.

I'd also suggest using PHP first but you have to know that eventhough there are similarities between ASP and PHP mostly in the usability on the web, these two are very different languages and learning one of them usually does not mean you'll learn the other one. Why PHP? I think it is easier for beginners mind to dive into php since it is made for the internet and the logic behind it is very simple - at least it is to me! You should also bear in mind that by learning one of these languages, you'll probably find it hard to learn the other one, because they are so different in the way you write them..so search the internet for pros and cons of each of them and start on the one you think it will be better for you on the long run!