xisto Community
gisellebebegirl

Compuhost / Adding Extra Domain Help

Umm.. Xisto is down again. well at least my site is. which is kinda bugging me eh. 2 questions XD one: on my website, its 2 websites in one pretty much http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ & http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is there anyway to get a new domain NAME forĀ it only being a redirect? like. i would like all my files under the Chantelle folder to be [not sure of the url im using] so that my files would be chantelle.org/1.php for example. without having to set up a completely new website? [ installing everything is a pain] ~if its not posible, how would having 2 domains in trap 17 work [credit wise] would i have to post twice as much now? or something~ also. me being a panicked domain owner XD i was going to buy some credits.. but i tought hey.. why not switch to compuhost? haha<3 when i started my Xisto account i got the mmm the one you needed more credits to apply for.. i dont remmeber the settings.. but im pretty confortable with what im getting.. which one of the compuhost packets would that be? to get kinda the same im getting right now/even better (:

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

Freedom Plan Budget is the best because it comes with a free domain. So what you could do is add the new domain as an addon, and move that directory to the new domains folder. Also, it only cost 3.33/month or something, so it's very cheap.

To add the domain named "chantelle.org" to the sub-sub-domain named "have-heart.net/chantelle", I think that you would need to Add-on the domain name. The packages at Xisto - Web Hosting do not really 'fit' the comparison to the Xisto plans. On your current package, you are getting 500 Meg of space and 10 Gigs of bandwidth. There is a plan at CH for 250 Meg and 5 gigs for $29.95/year (about half of your current plan) and one that offers 2 Gigs space and 33 Gigs bandwidth for ($2.7 per month * 12) $32.40/year. Considerably more space and bandwidth. Surprisingly, they are 'about' the same cost.Similarly priced is the package which gives you 1.5 Gigs space, 25 Gigs bandwidth AND the Domain name for ($2.95 * 12) $35.40.Tough call... Assume the Domain name is available for about $8.oo on xistodomains, the third package allows quite a lot of space and bandwidth for less than the others, so good luck in your choice.