xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Elessar

What Else Can We Do With The Credits?

Suppose I intend to keep posting on the forum but I don't want the credits. What can I do with them? Can I give them to someone else or can I sell them off for money? If I can't sell it off, can I reward it to someone else in exchange for services? I can't find anything on this matter in the guidelines or rules.

Suppose I intend to keep posting on the forum but I don't want the credits. What can I do with them?

Well first of all you can't send credits unless your hosted. I'm actually asking opaque if he will change it and it sounds like he will in the next credit system.

can I sell them off for money?

Well that would most likely be against the rules because xisto sells credits to members who want to buy them, and if you sell them that would be competing against xisto.

can I reward it to someone else in exchange for services?

Yes you can if you find somebody willing, but once again you must be hosted first.

Suppose I intend to keep posting on the forum but I don't want the credits. What can I do with them? Can I give them to someone else or can I sell them off for money? If I can't sell it off, can I reward it to someone else in exchange for services? I can't find anything on this matter in the guidelines or rules.

mmmm (: you should defenetely get hosted.. & share the credits with meh haha
omgad.. ive had the same questions. i feel much better reading through all the topics
and seeing that im not the only one with questions!

Well.. I have an interesting idea for credits... lol.... a credit stock market... haaha... could be fun and interesting but, you could also lose quite a bit if you not careful... anyways... I highly doubt that would ever happen.

Well I just want a way to dispense all that credit into something useful. I don't need a hosting account but I'd rather use the credit to donate to someone else that needs it. I hope the admin implements this soon. I've taken selling the credits out of the question because like you said, its competing with Xisto. I just wanna find another way to use the credits, besides for hosting purposes.

Well you could sell credits for services, we tried that though unsuccessful with the gfx forum, but if you got a website project you want some help on I think posting up what you need done for a certain amount of credits might be useful.

You need the hosting credits to keep your hosting alive... keep the save up till you have 280 or 380, I can't remember and get yourself a free domain! I'm planning on doing that!

I dont know any other ways you'll do with the credits, I would say just keep them and offer them to members if you don't really want them. Some do struggle to keep their points up and maybe they will help you out back even with problems since you helped them. Other then that I cant really think of any other reason why you'll want to keep the credits beside hosting and domain name purchases. I think if you offer credits for competitions it would be a good incentive for members to be a bit more active here. Thats just my idea anyway on this topic in the end its your credits do what you like.

I don't know dude, I was wondering about this same question myself. I think its like 9 dollars for buying a domain for 1 year off CH so I'll assume you need 9 dollars worth of credits to purchase a domain? maybe someone with more knowledge can confirm this.

To get a domain here at Xisto, you need to have a hosting account first. If you already have it then domains cost 250 credits (if I'm not mistaken).Well, I already got my free domain from another site so basically my credits here are left just like that. I think I might want to offer credits in exchange for services.

You can get a free domain for lifetime for 1 year form Xisto corp by giving 250 credits but its recommended that you have 280 credits.........but after 1 year you need to again give 250 credits to renew your domain...<_<......I hope this was the question asked....ad I hope I solved the problem
If this didn't resolved your queries then look at this thread::-->>
Free Domain Name

Or some other good persons like mods or admins may help you out...:(