xisto Community
OpaQue

Members Can Now Reply To Topics In [hosted Member Support] Section

The Hosted Members Area section permissions have been modified allowing any Xisto Member to reply Topics.Members are however not allowed to create a New Topic.Thank you,Shree

Interesting idea OpaQue maybe it will give a fresh perspective on potential problem, and give new members an idea what to expect if they do have problems in th future and what not. Should be interesting how the non hosted members will do in the hosted forum, but I would assume this is on a trial basis just to see what happens.

I did this because, we must never underestimate the skills of non-hosted members at Xisto. There was a time when we had limited members contributing limited stuff for only Hosting. Today, So many members are now opting to stay at Xisto because they simply like us and this permission block was injustice to them especially when they are so eager to help and contribute.I hope this move will benefit the Hosted Member group :-)

Oh goody. Not being able to post in the hosted members section is one of the two reasons I am still hosted. The other being, the ability to give out credits. Perhaps you could allow non hosted members this option too! :P

al3x, I believe the rate at which credits are gained prior to hosting is different, so that may be why sharing credits is not allowed before you get hosted.OpaQue, nice move! I'm sure there are plenty of non-hosted memebers who can help out the hosted with their site issues. There's no reason to limit them in that :P

I did this because, we must never underestimate the skills of non-hosted members at Xisto. There was a time when we had limited members contributing limited stuff for only Hosting. Today, So many members are now opting to stay at Xisto because they simply like us and this permission block was injustice to them especially when they are so eager to help and contribute.
I hope this move will benefit the Hosted Member group :-)

Thank you, this now allows members hosted with Xisto - Web Hosting like myself to finally be able to post replies in this forum.

al3x, I believe the rate at which credits are gained prior to hosting is different, so that may be why sharing credits is not allowed before you get hosted.
OpaQue, nice move! I'm sure there are plenty of non-hosted memebers who can help out the hosted with their site issues. There's no reason to limit them in that :P

Yes but they could put some kind of "conversion tax" on it that makes it equal. Like 40% for non hosted members, or something...

Yes and that way I wouldn't have to be hosted to make credit giveaways. Because I don't use my trap website for anything, that way it saves trap space on their servers :P Not that the few kilobytes would actually make a difference. But anyway I think I shall make a suggestion about this.

Well this is a great idea. I've seen a lot of members before complaining as to why they can't post in the hosted members area, considering that they find some of the topics there interesting. I guess it would help both sides, and especially those hosted members who want some answers from members other than hosted members themselves. it would be very beneficial to the forum and increase its interactivity.

More power to you, al3x. I think you have a good point. Putting in some sort of algorithm to convert non-hosted credits will prevent anyone from making a double accunt to get the easier credits of non-hosted members. I believe that is the reason it hasn't been done yet. I'm interested in seeing how this works out.

Oh goody. Not being able to post in the hosted members section is one of the two reasons I am still hosted. The other being, the ability to give out credits. Perhaps you could allow non hosted members this option too! <_<

If someone posts a post in this section then will he be getting points or he will not? please reply to this.Also i want the help in getting maximum points at a time in one or two posts, is it possible or not?

Yes you do get hosting credits, and a post counted in the hosted member section, and as for maximizing a post in order to do that you would have to write very detailed tutorials, or present if you like to debate then you could work your magic in that. There might be some other forums you could do that but getting 10 credits within a single is a challenge.