xisto Community
Peaktao

Can't Play Sims 2!

sims2 isnt workin

Can't Play Sims 2!

This is unbelievable I am gettin really fustrated please please help me it is really annoyin me

-reply by jaja

Did you try and load it onto a different machine? laptops can play a lot of games and i would agree that you should look at the graphics driver first.In updating graphics drivers you can use the option in devices for Update Driver. This has rarely if ever worked for me however and so i use device manager to identify the card then google the driver and get the latest version.Also look at how much memory is being assigned to the video card in the bios. I am assuming that it is an onboard graphics card and go may be able to assign some more memory if you have it.You also failed to indicate what operating system you are using. Assuming that you are using Vista you may try running the game in Dos compatability mode (I am not sure how old the game is but this sometimes works).Also go onto the official game site and look at the system requirements there may be something there you do NOT have.If there is an faq or problem sheet you may find the game does not support certain cards or processors.Obviously make sure that ALL possible updates have been initiated on your system especially CPU or graphics updates or things like .net etc and directx.I wish you luck in finding a solution as I am aware of just how frustrating it can be when you are expecting to play a new game and you cannot. KJ

I recived the sims 2 for my b/day last year. I got it to work after installing the grafics card. It was working perfectly for 2 months, now it takes ages to get onto the games in the first place and every time I try to go into a house or a new familly it freezes. It dosnt now work on my pc, and it freezes on my sisters brand new 8gb laptop.why does this happen?