xisto Community
Peaktao

Can't Play Sims 2!

I've just bought a laptop recently with Centrino technology and all those thiings. But i still can't play sims 2!!! Unbelieveable! Bascially, i successfully installed it but my computer shut itself down automatically when i tried loading the game. (i can't even go to the main menu).Does anyone have any suggestion, please?

Wherether your computer is a laptop or a stationary machine does not matter at all. What DOES matter is the hardware. That is probably where your problem is.A lot of today's computer manufacturers, especially companies like Compaq, advertise high CPU speeds and kind of forget about the rest. Take my father's old computer as an example. It's a Compaq that came with a Pentium 3 600 mhz CPU. With that, they supplied a mere 64mb of memory and a Savage 4 graphics card. This is not going to run anything well even if the CPU was capable of 6000 mhz. We upgraded it with a voodoo 3 graphics card and 256mb additional memory. That more than doubled the performance and, since memory was rather cheap at the time, it didn't cost a lot either.Anyway, most laptops made today suffer from a similar problem. The manufacturers seem to have finally understood a thing or two about memory, but the graphics controllers are often bad. New laptops from Dell, for instance, often come with an Intel Extreme Graphics chip with no specifications at all. Very few recent games will run well on those machines, even if it comes with a 2 ghz Centrino CPU. If Sims 2 wont run, you should check what graphics card you have. If nothing is specified, do a google search for "SiSoft Sandra", which is a freely available piece of software that can usually tell most of your hardware specs.

Thanks a lot, eveyone. I thought it was the graphics card as well.Hur....it's shame, isn't it? Just got the game from my sister as a christmas present.Yes, we have tried to uninstall it and install it again already, but it still didn't work.So I guess.....just have to wait to play on other laptops/PC. :rolleyes:Wanna play now though. hur.

I still think you should post your graphics card specifications.I know a few things about computers, and I *think* I could tell if the card is good enough for SIMS2.Don't give up just yet. Might just be the wrong drivers.-gothtec

I've just bought a laptop recently with Centrino technology and all those thiings. But i still can't play sims 2!!! Unbelieveable!  Bascially, i successfully installed it but my computer shut itself down automatically when i tried loading the game. (i can't even go to the main menu).

Does anyone have any suggestion, please?

39070[/snapback]

maybe you shout consider buying a new 3D graphic card? that's probebly the problem! so

is you want ot play games, laptops are not very good, unless there small games. i was thinking about buying a laptop but a desktop its much better, i would use laptop for internet pictures and stuff,.

Can you help me please! I have had the sims to and sims to pets and university for ages now. But today I decided to play on it but I couldnt find Sims to pets (which I needed to play the game). So I gave up and uninstalled Sims to pets. I put the University one in and the game started with the University picture as normal, then it stopped, I thought that the game would actually start but it didnt so I clicked on the shortcut thing but the same thing happened. About 100 times of trying later, I decided to un install University and just play on sims to, so I did but the same thing happened. I deleted Sims to and installed it again but it happened again but said YOU HAVE INSERTED THE WRONG DISK PLEASE INSERT . TO PLAY or something like that.

Sims%202

Can't Play Sims 2!

I have a Toshiba laptop and I tried to run sims 2. It has worked on all my other computers. I downloaded it on my laptop and it will run the program somewhat but the trees and objects in the big screen (showing all the houses) do not look normal they look like pages with words on them. The only thing I can see is the houses and when I click on a house it wont run. Please help.

-Megan

I NEED HELP!!

Can't Play Sims 2!

I got a Toshiba laptop for my christmas just there & I installed the sims2 just the original one & when I start up the game its fine,fast as anything. But when I make a family, it stops working & says this program isnt responding. Iv turned off my firewall & installed updates & DirectX Can anyone help me out?

I'm really lost!.

-question by Heather