xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Colten

Freak The Mighty 10/10

Has anyone ever read this book? I found it to be one of the greatest books Ive ever read. It was so good I ran out and got the movie too. Ill try to sum it up but Im not too good at this so Im sure someone else can do better.

Max Kane is a boy who doesnt think much of him self and faces many problems like bullies and such. He also lives with his Grandparents grim and gram. His dad was arrested when he was young, and like his dad he is also VERY tall. He has no friends until another boy moves in next door, Kevin or as max says "freak". Kevin has a disease called the Morquio Syndrome and because of this he is very small and has a leg brace which involves needing crutches to move around. The rest of the book is how these kids go on adventures and such. Find out how they deal with all these amazing adventures!!! :lol:

hmm i saw this topic about a week ago and i took me 3 nights to read this book completely and i should say it was very nice. i bought this book and i will keep it in my favorite books section. i found that i have seen some theaters based on this book but i have never read it before and the book is something different. the story is very amusing, and names of the characters are chosen very nice as some of the names shows the person identity itself. the ending is really brilliant, i don't like that novels with a very happy ending and i found the ending in this novel is just like what i want. Freak's character is nice too but i want to be like max not like freak :D .