xisto Community
iGuest

Free Hosting Who benefits?

A friend of mine just bought a reseller plan somewhere, really reliable, and he offers payed hosting now, pretty cheap.

to start with, it's under $100 a year to get a reseller, and you have all options unlimited, set your packages and just do with it whatever you want, when it's getting big (and you made profit) you can go to a dedicated server, but for $100 a year i think you can make big profits, if you include some ads (google ads are pretty good) on the main website and offer reliable hosting.....

the bad thing is, that it costs time to do this all :)

hosts like Xisto usually don't last long, they get hacked, can't afford it anymore, or the server is down all the time, last 2 hosts i used went down because of these reasons. i hope Xisto can last longer :) i'll just give it a try

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG I dont see why people would want to hack this stuff :rolleyes: God that annoyes me.......

I hope Xisto doesn't get hacked. I trust them, and I trust them with my site.

This is my first post....Anyway...I've tried free hosting from several different providers and the one thing that I really didn't like was the FORCED ADS. I can't stand them. Especially the ones that are all flashy and take up a huge chunk of the screen.

Trap 17 sound so cool! I wish I can get hosted! With all the features it's unbelievable! I use http://www.freepgs.com/ but I have to pay a small setup fee... until I meet Xisto! This webhosting site is cool! I have to thank Dooga for referencing me! And how much does a server cost? Xisto must have a lot of maintainance to do!

Trap 17 sound so cool! I wish I can get hosted! With all the features it's unbelievable! I use http://www.freepgs.com/ but I have to pay a small setup fee... until I meet Xisto! This webhosting site is cool! I have to thank Dooga for referencing me! And how much does a server cost? Xisto must have a lot of maintainance to do!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hosting is not a great problem... I agree.... BUT ITS THE MAINTAINING.... I host a small LAN (55 users) and it gives me enough problems, that i really don't know how ppl at Xisto cope. But I'm hoping for the best as they seem to be professionals. :rolleyes:

I am looking for a free host with sql and php and came all the way to here, now I am trying to get a chance to try this. I am just wondering, how this hosting thing works on Xisto? I haven't been able to figure it out yet, when you get 10 posts you get a message or something? anyway, hoplefully I can know very soon.

Wow, well you say it's not that hard, but some of us have alot to learn! :rolleyes: I think the posting is a good idea, even if I don't understand it all I'll at least absorb some by osmosis.....From what I've read so far, you guys seem to know your stuff!Wish me luck, I only know old-fashioned html and want a small business site.

the amont of places ive been to for hosting, and the amount of places ive ben let down, ive must of posted bout a thousand posts to make hosters happi. if i had a good host i wud keep posting and posting cos ibelive they deserve it

Well my friend told me about iconrate.net which is a little better than trap in space but only 3 MySQL DBs which is a biggy for me. Plus there community cannot compare to traps so I stick. There fore I also say that Xisto is Thee best free webhosting on the net. :P

Ok this is how Xisto works.

When you get 15 posts, you are eligible for package one hosting. However, that doesn't mean you just post a couple of words here and there! You must post over 300 charecters in each post to count as a real post and to rize your post count. The post must have content, for instance, like my post you are reading now! In order for you to get your hosting, you MUST stay active! This means posting a couple of GOOD posts every week, preferably more than 5 posts per week!

When you reach 25 posts, you are eligible for DOMAIN HOSTING. Domain hosting allows you to host your own domain and mailservers. If you do not have a domain, you may also use uni.cc domains (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) and cjb.net domains (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/). Neverless, you still MUST post actively in the forums!

The way you request hosting is simple. You must first have the sufficient amount of posts. After, you go to the forum "Request Hosting" Over there, you should read all the stickies posted. (In case you don't know, stickies are posts that will NOT BE BUMPED by new posts.) After, follow the format below:

Sub-domain or domain name
(Example: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, or http://example.com/)
Name/Nickname
Nationality
Theme of website
Reason for choosing us
Confirmation you understand the rules and agree to stay active and contribute to the community.
Package You want

After you have posted, you will have to wait until the administrator to approve your account. This usually takes less than a day.

Final step! Go to the process link that the adminstrator will provide, and create your hosting account using the form. (The script was written by the talented administrator!) You are finished!

REMEMBER TO STAY ACTIVE! It helps Xisto because you will direct ad revenues!

If you have a more specific question, you can reply to this topic! If you are feeling generous and want to give me a reputation for my hard work, feel free to do so! Remember, I am not here to try to get reputation, I am here to help everyone with my prior knowledge, with a little bit of research! Good luck!

Best Regards,
Johnny

~ Dooga

(oh yah! 2150 charecters)

:P Where would we get free hosting if it were not supported by concerned providers?  Some hosts offering hosting really, honestly donot provide the services they offer.  These free hosting offers, gives the web site builder the chance to try the site and it's functions to see what's offered.  Not only that, many site hosting services are too expensive to afford for most would-be site builders.  We certainly can't afford to pay for all the equipment that an ebay, or an amazon or a microsoft has.  Do we know how many servers they have just to process inquiries?  The cost must be astronomical. How could we ever afford to build any site to handle all that?  This free hosting thing is great!

39020[/snapback]

it is rather easy to set up a web host all you have to do is buy a resseller package off of a company such as heart internet. You can even buy resseller packages off ebay for really cheap prices and they have decent offers with unmetered bandwidth and space. ive seen one that has everything unmetered cPanel control panel 9 fantastico etc for only Ł10 a year.

then yo just have to buy a domain name and set up packages

Well, I have heard a lot of great things about free hosting and it really is a matter of being able to find the right one. I suppose it helps to get advice from message boards and other people will a lot of experience, which is what I am trying to do now. Ha! But yeah, theres a lot of cool stuff out there I want to learn but I have so little time with school and all. Sigh...