xisto Community
somertonlord

5 Things Not To Do On Your First Date

I have ten tips on what not to do on your first date. If anyone reads this post and wants to post more tips just come to me, somertonlord, lord of the somertons.Tip number 1:Don't go on about yourself and yourself only, compliment your date by saying I like your hair, you have nice eyes and so on and mean it.Tip number 2:Don't boast about your work life or your social life by talking about how you got a promotion at work or talking about your new mobile phone because people don't want to hear about phones and jobs on a date.Tip number 3:Don't take your date for granted, don't be naive by thinking your date will put up with you talking about yourself. You want to make him/her feel special, remember that you can only make first impressions once unless you have a time machine.Tip number 4:don't look plain, Swipe your date off your feet by ordering the most expensive champagne or buy a fancy box of chocolate.Tip number 5:Don't embarrass yourself by talking loud or accidentally knocking a champagne bottle over.And remember to note your anniversary in your diary. :P

Tip number 6- Leave your exes or current past relationships out of it. No one wants to hear what a jerk Bobby was or how Diane could have been more faithful.Tip number7 - Eye contact is important. Nothing makes a person feel more important and listened to than direct eye contact. When you are busy checking your watch or staring past your date you are subliminally saying "I'm not listening and you bore me"Tip number 8 - Cologne/perfume......go LIGHTY on the stuff. More is NOT always better. Try to keep the body spray stuff to a lightly used lightly scented smell.Tip number 9 - Leave your current dramas at home. Your date is most NOT likely interested in hearing how Cindy ended up in jail because she slashed Janet's tires because Janet stepped on Cindy's dog who was present when Robert was just about to dump Samantha ( or some such silly nonsense). Tip number 10 - Be engaging in your conversations giving as much time to listen as you to in speaking. Hobbies, movies, favorite or worst places are neutral enough topics to work with while proving to be informative and even entertaining.

Tip number 6- Leave your exes or current past relationships out of it. No one wants to hear what a jerk Bobby was or how Diane could have been more faithful.
Tip number7 - Eye contact is important. Nothing makes a person feel more important and listened to than direct eye contact. When you are busy checking your watch or staring past your date you are subliminally saying "I'm not listening and you bore me"

Tip number 8 - Cologne/perfume......go LIGHTY on the stuff. More is NOT always better. Try to keep the body spray stuff to a lightly used lightly scented smell.

Tip number 9 - Leave your current dramas at home. Your date is most NOT likely interested in hearing how Cindy ended up in jail because she slashed Janet's tires because Janet stepped on Cindy's dog who was present when Robert was just about to dump Samantha ( or some such silly nonsense).

Tip number 10 - Be engaging in your conversations giving as much time to listen as you to in speaking. Hobbies, movies, favorite or worst places are neutral enough topics to work with while proving to be informative and even entertaining.

''thanks for the extra tips

Good tips there, especially the bit about noting down your first date anniversary. It could come to be useful in future! :PI don't agree with the expensive champagne and fancy chocolate though. It may be intimidating for both sides and could imply that the person expects a lot. Unless you are filthy rich, then it's different. The first date should be simple. I'm a girl, and trust me, I don't mind going dutch. If the guy decides to foot the bill, that would be nice, but they should not have gone to a very expensive place in the first place.Making a good impression with your dressing and your conversation is more important than the cost of the date.

Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)

I have ten tips on what not to do on your first date. If anyone reads this post and wants to post more tips just come to me, somertonlord, lord of the somertons.
Tip number 1:Don't go on about yourself and yourself only, compliment your date by saying I like your hair, you have nice eyes and so on and mean it.
Tip number 2:Don't boast about your work life or your social life by talking about how you got a promotion at work or talking about your new mobile phone because people don't want to hear about phones and jobs on a date.
Tip number 3:Don't take your date for granted, don't be naive by thinking your date will put up with you talking about yourself. You want to make him/her feel special, remember that you can only make first impressions once unless you have a time machine.
Tip number 4:don't look plain, Swipe your date off your feet by ordering the most expensive champagne or buy a fancy box of chocolate.
Tip number 5:Don't embarrass yourself by talking loud or accidentally knocking a champagne bottle over.

And remember to note your anniversary in your diary. :P

Dear friend I think the one who have suggested those things are really an experienced one and  :P:P But they are really good at there stand. To be followed type of points and good ones. Thanks dear for such good points to be mentioned in the forum. 

@somertonlord - pretty common advice if you don't do that instinctual you really bad at this :P@GrinningKittie - nice ones for beginners11 Learn body language it's a must have. If the girl looks at you and palys with her hair, your in luck that's a good sign if she looks at the clock your doomed (these are just examples, u'll see a lot more signs). Also if the date started good for 1h or something an then you see that she is looking around and stuff just end the date now and ask her for a new one cause now she is bored and you want to quit while your ahead.12 As important as eye contact is physical contact, plain old touching. Just try to touch her hand by inventing a game or by saying that you can read the future in her palm. Or just touch her leg under the table and see if she pulls away.

I have ten tips on what not to do on your first date. If anyone reads this post and wants to post more tips just come to me, somertonlord, lord of the somertons.
Tip number 1:Don't go on about yourself and yourself only, compliment your date by saying I like your hair, you have nice eyes and so on and mean it.
Tip number 2:Don't boast about your work life or your social life by talking about how you got a promotion at work or talking about your new mobile phone because people don't want to hear about phones and jobs on a date.
Tip number 3:Don't take your date for granted, don't be naive by thinking your date will put up with you talking about yourself. You want to make him/her feel special, remember that you can only make first impressions once unless you have a time machine.
Tip number 4:don't look plain, Swipe your date off your feet by ordering the most expensive champagne or buy a fancy box of chocolate.
Tip number 5:Don't embarrass yourself by talking loud or accidentally knocking a champagne bottle over.

And remember to note your anniversary in your diary. :P

I agree with some, but not all of this.

Your general message was "Don't be self-centered," which is the big thing I definitely agree with.

But then you go on about things like not doing embarassing things. That's the fun part. If you can't have fun embarassing yourself, how could you possibly get along long-term? Some of us are fun people, we like to have fun. Tripping or something is probably funnier for me than it is for the people who laugh, :P.

The noting the anniversary, huge +1. It seems a lot of people forget that, :P.

Tip number 6- Leave your exes or current past relationships out of it. No one wants to hear what a jerk Bobby was or how Diane could have been more faithful.
Tip number7 - Eye contact is important. Nothing makes a person feel more important and listened to than direct eye contact. When you are busy checking your watch or staring past your date you are subliminally saying "I'm not listening and you bore me"

Tip number 8 - Cologne/perfume......go LIGHTY on the stuff. More is NOT always better. Try to keep the body spray stuff to a lightly used lightly scented smell.

Tip number 9 - Leave your current dramas at home. Your date is most NOT likely interested in hearing how Cindy ended up in jail because she slashed Janet's tires because Janet stepped on Cindy's dog who was present when Robert was just about to dump Samantha ( or some such silly nonsense).

Tip number 10 - Be engaging in your conversations giving as much time to listen as you to in speaking. Hobbies, movies, favorite or worst places are neutral enough topics to work with while proving to be informative and even entertaining.

I personally think that there are conditions where you don't really need some of these tips......
For eg suppose you have had a long distance relationship for a long time and you'd both talked so much about yourselves that you both know each other very well now......And when you meet for the for the first time you know each other's financial condition and you don't have to buy her a expensive box of chocolate....

And still she is not going to feel any thing bad about you because you both don't love each other's money and it is really not precious tooo..
The most precious thing to have is the time you both spends being with each other and at that time actually you would not be interested in the show off stuff, instead you both will want to have a long time spending in each others arms.....

Isn't that more romantic then following some of these tips and showing off...

Obviously i agree some of them should be followed as you should listen to her you should praise her(but honestly), you should not include office or home life and etc.......