xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kobra500

Funeral my first one

On tuesday I'm going to my uncle Rod's funeral. He died recently (obviously) and is to be cremated. I know this seeems like a silly question but what is it like? I haven't felt sad since he died. it was sort of I found out and I was like oh, thats it. I assume I'll feel less sad when I get there.Also you guys will never hear me say this again but "I hope i'm wrong".

yes, that's a prove that you are not miss him.cause you not close enough to him.that make you not sad when si leaving you.different when your wife is gone, i think you will be sad.

Trust me. With all the marrital problems that have happened there is no insentive for me to be married. I hate kids so none of them coming my way I can assure you.. but that could all change!

I think we're getting side-tracked here, unless you really want to discuss the merits and disadvantages of marriage and having children.In any case, I think it's pretty normal to not feel any loss for someone you hardly interact with in your day to day living :P

When you live near someone, and visit them daily/weekly, and you lose them; it's really hard. I lost my Grandad last year, and I saw him every week. Then, suddenly, I don't see him at all. It's hard to cope with, and you just want to see them again. Funerals. My first ever was my Grandad's, and it was a horrible experience. Everyone pretty much was crying. I managed to hold it in until I got outside, and cried in a corner. But the afterparty was awesome. We celebrated his life, played music he liked, talked about what he did, and exchanged stories about him. I felt sad, but that made me feel a lot better, :P

It is not the rule of thumb for you to be really upset when some one passes away. If your uncle was really old, and suffering of aging, you might feel a bit good for him , with the thought that he has left the earth for good. Coming to the funeral part, it is bitter occasion involving you and your uncle... Infact, the last one. It would be the time for you to go there and think of what he means to you and what he had taught to you in your life. If you do feel bad , it would not be a bad idea to shed a couple of tears and free up your mind. It all depends upon what the person means to your life. We do tend to get upset when we lose our loved possessions . Be it living or non living. Life of loved ones , perhaps is the most valuable possession anybody could have. Whether you visited your uncle daily or not,.. you to certainly have some sort of a bond between you. So, it would be nice of you to go there, and share some of the sweet moments you had with him, or some of the nice qualities about him, with friends and family members you find at the funeral ceremony. That would be the perfect farewell you could possibly give to your uncle at this time.