xisto Community
abminara

How Long Can A Man Live Without Water?

I am doing this right now . But in the name of God ! I started on 29th. I will have completed 3 days in a few hours, without any food or water - complete fasting ! Did not do it for any research purpose but a spiritual fast and my strength is 'Matthew 4:4' - Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"According to my belief I believe we are not alive because of the food we eat or water we drink. Inspite of being healthy and well-fed too people cease to live because everything is in God's will. So with the help of our Lord who went on for 40 days without any food or water in the wilderness of a desert, we can do it too , but only with spiritual providence from the Lord ! And before you start thinking what an ignorant pious idiot I am, let me tell you I am a doctor by profession, again by the grace of God ! And if I have to respond professionally alone too, my answer would be it totally depends on the individual and the environment he/she is in and all external and internal factors !

People seem to be very scared about not drinking personally I have gone 4 days without food and water and felt fine at the end of it (where I am living the temperature is an average of 35 degrees and I exercised daily my body fat was also between 12-15% so I am leaner than average as well), I know someone else who has gone for 9 days without water with no ill effects. The weakness most people feel in the first three days is generally just detox symptoms once your used to fasting there get greatly reduced. Some people can go even longer for example I read that an ancient middle eastern ritual included a 40 day absolute fast undertaken by the most evolved members of the Essene desert communities I am sure most people wouldn't last that long but people can easily last longer than 3 days.

I'm sorry to disagree, but I presently know of an 88 yr old relative who has gone 12 days without water (or other liquids) or food and is still living.There is no inter-venous feeding and she is a wonder to all how she can keep living. Previous to her last intake, she was eating very little. There are always exceptions to the rule.

I have some interesting information on the subject. There is a person in India whose name is Prhalad Jani who is claimed to have been surviving without food or water for almost 06 decades! I know it would sound ridiculous to all. I have never had a chance to meet this individual in person, and, therefore, would not like to comment on the authenticity of his claim. However, I am placing the link to the news item that I chanced upon while browsing the net for the information of all.

A few years ago I did a lame suicide attempt to dehyrdate myself to death. I went without any food or drink for 6 days before my roommate got suspicious and forced me to start eating and drinking again. I had lost about 30 pounds (I was 190 to start) and other than being very tired, there were no ill effects. So yes, under "normal" conditions (an apartment in Florida with the AC set at 76 degrees) a person can live well beyond 3 days. Based on how I was doing, I probably could have gone another 4 or 5 days before serious problems started.