xisto Community
Tourist

Milk, The Best Food

i also love milk.. if i see a bottle of it in the fridge, i'll go for it and drink it in an instant..my younger sisters always complain that i do take a lot of milk than they..what can i do, i guess i'm addicted to it..it tastes sweet unlike water that doesn't taste anything..i don't care what others say about milk that came from cows etc.. the milk that are available in the market are processed and is safe to drink if proper storage had been applied..

Since you obviously took the information from your Original Post from this web site, http://www.iloveindia.com/nutrition/milk/index.html, I'm curious as to why you didn't include the nutritional information for Soy Milk. Soy Milk is not good for you, but, I'd argue the same can be said about Cow's Milk, for other reasons. Ever notice little humans don't drink pasteurized human milk? Why do we pasteurize other animal's milk, then? Pasteurization doesn't prevent it from going bad. I found, through experimentation, that to keep milk way way past its expiration date all I have to do is drop a silver dime in the container. Unfortunately the container (if it's made of paper) falls apart before I finish the milk (actually buttermilk for pan cakes), so I end up throwing it away anyway. The point is pasteurization kills the important enzymes that contribute to making milk and other milk-based dairy products good for the body. When those enzymes are killed, the milk becomes dead and is no longer good for you. It's basically sugar (lactose) water at that point with decent mineral content.

Yes, milk is excellent when it comes to your energy needs. This is what new borns and infants feed off of to grow quickly and get stronger. It is so necessary in many species too. Of course, as much as it is good for growth and energy, it is not good to have too much, as it is fatty too. And once you've grown, technically, you don't really need milk anymore. Humans are the only creatures that continue to drink milk after it is needed in our diet for growth. I think this is due in part becuase of too much advertising for the "goodness" of milk and to help out dairy farmers....As for lactose intolerance, I am one of those people, and so is my mom. This is something that starts gradually when you get older, like in your teens or later. You tend to get an upset stomach after drinking milk or eating cheese. And then it can get worse to the boat that you get bloating and or diarrhea too. I have practically no tolerance at all of milk anymore. For me, it started in high school, where I just stopped drinking milk. Then in university, I noticed that even when I didn't drink milk, I would get bloated. I realized, by reading the ingredients to things, that there is A LOT of milk ingredients in almost everything. This does not help at all. So I am at the point now where I eat things that are milk free, over things that have some like ingredients. I still eat yogurt, as there is no lactase in it and it's fine to eat. I also eat some cheeses that are somewhat easier to eat then others. I can't drink milk anymore, and I can't cook with butter either. When there is milk in something, or butter, or I'm not sure, I take lactose enzyme pills. They work very well. Though I tend to use a fair amount depending on the meal and the amount of dairy products in it. I also find that sometimes, lactose free milks are not always entirely lactose free, so I stick to soy milk. I don't really enjoy soy milk, but when you want those nice coffees at starbucks or something, it works to ask them for soy milk. The coffee still tastes great. But the most inportant thing I would say, would be to check the ingredients to all your foods. You will be quite surprised by the amount of milk in things you would never have imagined.

TO START IT OF I LOVE MILK and i love it because it sweet make me healthy and always provides me with things i need to last the day i would say milk is better then pop who agrees with me?

Since you obviously took the information from your Original Post from this web site, http://www.iloveindia.com/nutrition/milk/index.html, I'm curious as to why you didn't include the nutritional information for Soy Milk. Soy Milk is not good for you, but, I'd argue the same can be said about Cow's Milk, for other reasons. Ever notice little humans don't drink pasteurized human milk? Why do we pasteurize other animal's milk, then? Pasteurization doesn't prevent it from going bad. I found, through experimentation, that to keep milk way way past its expiration date all I have to do is drop a silver dime in the container. Unfortunately the container (if it's made of paper) falls apart before I finish the milk (actually buttermilk for pan cakes), so I end up throwing it away anyway. The point is pasteurization kills the important enzymes that contribute to making milk and other milk-based dairy products good for the body. When those enzymes are killed, the milk becomes dead and is no longer good for you. It's basically sugar (lactose) water at that point with decent mineral content.

I definitely agree with you on this, I think pasteurization destroys A LOT of the nutrients in milk, and I think makes it a lot less healthier... and also, milk, especially milk that is not raw, is unhealthy a lot, especially for children. Now, this is kind of an "alternative" medical theory that nobody cares to investigate, but I believe that milk causes people to be a lot more susceptible to allergies and ear infections and stuff like that. I've seen evidence for this first hand... people I've known who used to have 10 or more ear infections a year and terrible allergies lose all their symptoms after stopping drinking milk. I mean, I think milk can be healthy, but I think pasteurization destroys a lot of the positive effects, and I don't think it's really even meant for anyone except babies... I mean, do wild adult animals ever drink milk? No... so why do we?

Milk is great and help in the development of the bones ^_^ Sure adults don't need it but If I were one, I wouldn't mind one once in a while. Milk can be made with shakes, put into tea etc... And is very good generally for our whole body.We should try to drink at least a glass of milk per day esplially for growing children.Yeah, pasteurization does destroy most of the stuff that makes milk...milk? I wasn't used to the raw taste of milk but know I love it and it is what I drink most of the time.

I really love milk... I always drink milk cause it makes me healthy.. Once a day, I'll take up twice drinking milk, before I go to sleep and then after I wake up..some people say drinking milk is just for kids, but for me its not.. drinking milk does not select if its for kids or not.. everybody is allowed to drink milk

Yeah, milk is great although I don't think it should be considered as the main food that inclueds all your daily vitamins and other stuff. A friend of mine drank a lot of milk a few years ago and he started to have some medical problems - can't remember what it was and even if I did, I wouldn't know how to write it ^_^ But yeah, milk is good in normal doses - a glass a day is ok, but pushing it too hard is not ok in my opinion..I think that it is the same with all things - salad is also healthy but you can't eat it all the time as you are not a rabbit - you need various different foods to fulfill your daily needs...The one thing everyone should know is that it doesn't matter that much what you eat (of course it shouldn't be junk food) but more how much you eat...don't eat too much and you'll be healthy..

Well, of course it matters what you eat too... like I think pretty much everyone can agree that MSG is bad for you, even in little quantities. I think most important is to eat a lot of raw, unprocessed foods, like fruits and veggies, and also have a balanced diet and exercise. Milk can be part of that balanced diet, but like heavensounds said, pushing it isn't good... like I know people who drink like 4 glasses of milk a day (basically with every meal), and I think at that point it starts having a lot of negative side effects and not very many positives.Every good thing in moderation, eh? :lol: