xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tricky77puzzle

Trap17 Wikipedia Article There isnt one

I dont think we need Xisto on wiki. If people want to find out about Xisto there is always Xisto.com. I dont think we'll be included in wiki because we are a very small community IMO. Sure we have almost 40,000 members but only a small percentage of us are active. Who knows maybe if they have time they will include us in there but I doubt that because I'm sure theres still more popular things out there that are inline to be added still.

I dont think we need Xisto on wiki. If people want to find out about Xisto there is always Xisto.com. I dont think we'll be included in wiki because we are a very small community IMO. Sure we have almost 40,000 members but only a small percentage of us are active. Who knows maybe if they have time they will include us in there but I doubt that because I'm sure theres still more popular things out there that are inline to be added still.

I see. About how many people do you think are actually active on here? I might not be as much, since there are no real topics here that I can comment about.

I dont know how many are actice to but from what I've seen the most online members at once have been around 10 or so. Thats not many considering we have 40,000 members. I see alot of guest on forums though, around 100-300 guest so this site is getting alot of hits. I dont know why we have so many guest and so few logged on members. Another thing I think is most who pay for thier hosting no longer need to be actively posting for credits so we lose members that way also. I think its a shame we have so many members here for the sole purpose of free hosting but our database of web development post/issues with it dosent really reflect it. I'm surprised by this since Xisto is the best free hosting and a very good place for people to learn. There is of course very knowledgable people here but the more the better since not everyone will know everything about web and be online at the same time. I mean thats really the only post I'm interested in and I do find it hard to gain credits that way so i have to look for other means. Writing a tutorals for that would be a good idea but I'm not ready yet and I dont want to post any weak tutorials. Thats just my opinion on our state at Xisto of course I'm probably wrong in some sense as I'm purely speaking from my feelings and frustration with learning web dev.

I dont know how many are actice to but from what I've seen the most online members at once have been around 10 or so. Thats not many considering we have 40,000 members. I see alot of guest on forums though, around 100-300 guest so this site is getting alot of hits. I dont know why we have so many guest and so few logged on members.
Another thing I think is most who pay for thier hosting no longer need to be actively posting for credits so we lose members that way also. I think its a shame we have so many members here for the sole purpose of free hosting but our database of web development post/issues with it dosent really reflect it. I'm surprised by this since Xisto is the best free hosting and a very good place for people to learn. There is of course very knowledgable people here but the more the better since not everyone will know everything about web and be online at the same time. I mean thats really the only post I'm interested in and I do find it hard to gain credits that way so i have to look for other means. Writing a tutorals for that would be a good idea but I'm not ready yet and I dont want to post any weak tutorials.

Thats just my opinion on our state at Xisto of course I'm probably wrong in some sense as I'm purely speaking from my feelings and frustration with learning web dev.

Semi-true, I'm with Xisto - Web Hosting, and I still come here and post every once and awhile, heck I could probably open a trap account, and get hosting that way, but sometimes I do not feel like posting, so Xisto - Web Hosting fits me perfectly. But, I hear what you are saying. Most members who come here, only want hosting, and are not interested in a good discussion.

I dont see why adding an article in wikipedia about Xisto would be bad, it really doesnt matter how many people are members of Xisto in my opinion. The article would be just to let people know about how Xisto works and what an awesome community it is.

I would have to disagree that Xisto would need a wiki page as everything you need to know about trap is in the Xisto read me, it wouldn't make sense to add more work for the admin and moderators to do. Also it would get lost in the millions of articles that wikipedia already has, and I don't know of too many webhosts that actually have a wiki page since most of them are trying to get their hosting site listed in directories and what not.

I would have to disagree that Xisto would need a wiki page as everything you need to know about trap is in the Xisto read me, it wouldn't make sense to add more work for the admin and moderators to do. Also it would get lost in the millions of articles that wikipedia already has, and I don't know of too many webhosts that actually have a wiki page since most of them are trying to get their hosting site listed in directories and what not.

So then we would be unique! Wouldn't that be nice...

I came into this topic thinking that there was a Wikipedia article on Xisto. :o

Let's consider the idea for a moment: What would one write about Xisto on it that wouldn't make it sound or look like an advertisement?

Now let's assume that there is one: How are people going to find it without the help of Xisto itself? Who's going to maintain it? Who will keep watch over it in case someone wants to debunk Xisto?

Ok bassically, an article for Xisto is unnescecery. If one ever shows up, boo hoo... it happened. it doesn't really need to be there along with thousand of other articles. if one doesn't show up, then boo hoo again... and if you so concerned about them having one, write one yourself...Its very unescecery, and it doesn't really matter.