xisto Community
bthaxor

Auto-delete Your Spam In Gmail finally, get rid of all that spam

If you're waiting for an activation email, or know you're registering for something, either turn the filter off until you get the email, or check your trash folder for it when it comes through. Thanks for this tutorial. -reply by amyvomit

thank you, spam is now a thing of the pastAuto-delete Your Spam In Gmail

excellent solution! yeehaa, no more looking at the darn spam folder and reading the offensive titles, what a relief!

Excellent workAuto-delete Your Spam In GmailThanks for the tutorial I was very irritated about the spams since it fills up nearly 500 messages a day in spam folder and I found this very useful.

Thanks yar. 

-reply by Elango

GMAIL SPAM FROM MY OWN MAIL ID?Auto-delete Your Spam In GmailWhen I check the Gmail SPAM message, I find 'me' or my own mail ID as sender. How is it possible. Does any one have access to my pw.

RE: GMAIL SPAM FROM MY OWN MAIL ID?Auto-delete Your Spam In Gmail

Quote:

"When I check the Gmail SPAM message, I find 'me' or my own mail ID asSender. How is it possible. Does any one have access to my pw."

No, basically when an email is sent its sent as a massive text file and it has a load of headers at the top, one header is the sender field, you can change the sender to whatever you like.  Most commercial and free mail providers online don't allow users to specify the sender, google mail will let you specify a different sender for accounts you authorise in the settings section under the heading 'send mail as', but basically just because it says its from x @ y.Com doesn't mean its actually from there, the reply to field will usually be the person it's really from.

This tutorial is kinda pointless, as the spam folder IS the bin, just a different view of it, if the spam count bugs you that much there's a gmail labs feature that hides the unread counts, I'd use it instead

I don't think this is a good idea. Yes, I too do not like having all the spam I get in my spam box. However the "report spam" button actually does report it. If you have a filter that just deletes it then you are reporting the fact that you are getting that spam.

Thank you for letting me know this. I have had trouble for a long time with spam being allowed by gmail despite my believing I had created a filter for them. Now I have done as you suggested so I hope that they will stop coming. However when I looked at the addresses in the filters I had created I noticed that the annoying "Rick" has used a different email address every time. Nevertheless I hope that my creating the filter you told me about will delete all his emails on arrival. Gmail has put them in spam so I cannot complain about their anti-spam function but was only disappointed that the spam from "Rick" kept appearing as spam. I did not know when I complained that he has used different email addresses every time. So I must apologise to gmail for my expressing dissatisfaction.It is very difficult to make out the characters in the security check. This is my 3rd attempt at replying and the 6th illegible set. it is almost aways impossible to make out which some of the letters are and impossible to see if they are small or capital letters. Does security really demand that they are almost illegible? I hope this will be remedied by and by.Kind regardsEdwin

Images are deleted, i recmmend to avoid this tutorial as it will auto delete all of the spams you receive and I can asure you that spam detection of google is not 100% ture ! for example i get transactional emails from many websites , sometimes one of them goes to spam and if I don't look at it or delete it I may not get aware of pending invoices and etc. Spams will be self deleted after 30 days so i don't think you really need any auto delete method and also if you think some emails are just spamming your email, you can define their email address to be autodeleted, just like the above tutorial but when you create the filter just enter the email address of spammer.

There is only one annoying thing that i haven't found any solution for and it is yahoo groups. I don't know how, but it seems that admins of these groups can add you as the memeber of the group without asking your permission and then you will get hundreds of spam emails from yahoo groups. I contacted yahoo about this problem but haven't got any answer till now. Of course you can leave the group but i don't want to be even added to those groups. These emails mostly contain useless adverts and it is obvious that they try to make their group bigger to get more expensive ads to be sent to group members.

I agree with Iniyila

I let google put things in my spam folder and leave them there until they disapear, unless I am waiting for a special mail and, yes, it often goes to spam.

The things I'm sure I don't want, I make a filter on the sender or on words inside the subject ("your new car for free") with actions "mark as read" and put in the "delete_this" folder.

once a year, I have a look at this "delete_this" folder, I didn't needed the mails inside it it so I can simply delete the whole thing and create an empty one for the future unwanted mails. Don't need to signal them as spams if they are not dangerous, some people may want to read such infos.

I have to confirm this point. Today I have several mails I am waiting for, which are qualified as spams. Probably these people are google's competitors so their mails are supposed being spams and systematically redirected to the spam folder ? Or maybe and advertising mail has been signaled as being a spam, and the sender has been flagged as spammer and his mails are now considered as being spams ?