xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kobra500

Ashes interesting ideas for when I die

When i die I don't like bugs and being eaten by my own enzymes so I want to be "turned to ash" or cremated. so I was wondering what to do with the ashes.. I want something cool and interesting.My idea is that they get turned into a diamond and then that diamond is flown into space and left there! To float about.I don't personally believe in a God/Higher being so don't worry about what it isAnyone got any good/better ideas?

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

I don't think the ashes from a cremated human body is enough to create a diamond of a size "cool" enough. Also, if you wish to have your Lifegem flung out into space, I think you will die sooner than you can buy the ticket to "heaven" After all, it is no inexpensive affair to send anything out of the atmosphere, to say nothing about getting orbit clearances or permit to "litter" the outer space.

It's cool, I guess, if it were really possible, or, at least, plausible. However, couldn't you have chosen a much more mundane funerary arrangement?

Personally, I, too want to be sent to space. Mummified, preserved and sealed in a satellite, I would be watching over my home planet until the day I return. (Yes, I will return so, please, on my resurrection day, paint eggs, bury them in the sand and enjoy chocolate bunnies to welcome my return) Players of Final Fantasy VIII might recognize the imagery; it is of Adel, the sorceress sealed and sent into orbit. Well, what really got me was that it's be a really nice work of art.

However, as I am aware that it is not possible, I would settle for building my own mausoleum cum library cum museum. I'd build a place with a really large atrium and my "satellite" coffin would hang from the ceiling. Of course, I'd want to be embedded in glass or resin or some other transparent material. Again, funerary arrangements culled for Final Fantasy VIII; it's Adel's containment chamber inside the Lunatic Pandora.

More realistically, however, I'd be happy to settle for a really tall obelisk gravestone, perhaps something as tall as that pylon in front of the White House. If possible, bury my casket upright, not on its back like people usually do. I'd also want my casket to be surrounded by at least five inches of sand on all sides. I dunno, I just like sand.

No, I don't want to be burned. Like the ancient Egyptians, I believe I will need an intact vessel for me when I return :o

you can have your ashes mixed with cement, which in turn can be fashioned into a monument/bust by a sculptor/artist of your choice prior to your death. :D that way you'd still have a lifelike representation in the earthly world (just stiff and cold and immobile and prone to acid rain and vandalism and bird droppings). :o it would be nice if with that came a life of greatness which will keep your memory worthy of remembrance, and not just a vain attempt at getting immortalized in stone. :D

How about turning your ashes over to a glass maker/blower or potter and having them made into something glass or pottery like a nice vase? You could then be used for decorative purposes by leaving your remains to somebody who really will miss you.

I have heard that some funeral homes can house your ashes in a stuffed animal ( like a teddy bear). It's an idea that is supposed to make say grandpa's passing less grizzly ( no pun intended) for smaller children. Perhaps you could talk to your local funeral home and see if they offer this program and see if you couls individualize what stuffed animal you would like your cremains ( yes they are called cremains......I guess it is supposed to distract people from the fact that it is a broken down charred body) to be in.Just a thought.

Well, this is kind of a religious answer, but more of a sentimental answer. I was talking to my friend once, and he had the idea of being cremated and having the ashes put in a bunch of different places that have meant a lot to you in your lifetime. It could be close together or all around the country/world--then you could always be in the places that you love or that mean something to you. It's not religious per se, but sentimental. I thought it was kind of cool. Instead of rotting in the ground you could be everywhere that means a lot to you and actually become part of the earth and perhaps serve a purpose.

When i die I don't like bugs and being eaten by my own enzymes so I want to be "turned to ash" or cremated. so I was wondering what to do with the ashes.. I want something cool and interesting.
My idea is that they get turned into a diamond and then that diamond is flown into space and left there! To float about.

I don't personally believe in a God/Higher being so don't worry about what it is
Anyone got any good/better ideas?

Yes, beautifully said! You know in the east and in many other religious practices this is the custom to burn the cadavors rather than burying them. Hindu religious philosophy in India has this custom for ages and has been practicing burning the bodies of passed ones so as to again mix the five basic elements or "Panchbhootas" in their respective core elements namely; Earth, Sky, Water, Fire and Air. It has a scientific basis behind that as well, you dont have to worry about being eaten by bugs :) , you dont spoil the body etc.

I appriciate your idea of being turned into ashes. After all you have every right to be treated the way you like after you die!