xisto Community
harshcpu

Win Xp Or Vista

Even though many people would say Windows Vista isn't as good as Windows XP, I would personally say it is actually better. Windows Vista, even though there is some bugs here and there for gaming and so on, it still comes with good features.Certain features that I like include the 3D icons on the desktop, and the whole new design of the UI. I also like the new feature that when you press CTRL+ALT+DEL, it brings you to a totally new window, so you don't have to worry about the game your playing crashing when it minimises.Overall, I'm pretty please with Vista, even though a few improvements could be made. 8/10

For me, Vista is better than XP. But in Vista, it's prequisites is more higher than XP. This is the Prequisite(s) :

Vista Basic : - 900 MHz or Pentium 3 Processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 32 MB of Graphics Memory
- Supports DirectX 9.0 or later

Vista Home Premium :
- 1.0 GHz or Pentium 4 Processor or Later
- 1 GB of RAM
- 128 MB Graphics Memory, Supports WDDM
- Supports DX 9.0 and Windows Shader Model 3.0 or Later

BTW, do you have Microsoft Office 2007???

Oh... this is Vista's Features :
- Has WindowsFlip feature
- New themes, like an Aero skin
- Easier Naviation
- has an integrated DVD Burning
- Has Vista Sidebar
- and more that I don't know

Any one know more about these features...?

Notice from rvalkass:

Please don't double post. Also, you need Quote tags around anything you copy.

ive used xp, win2k, 95/98/me, vista,server 2k3, sabyon/backtrack/phlax,kubuntu,ubuntu etc. and I would have to say that i like linux because im a techhead. It runs smooth and the opensource development is incredible. Xp runs almost flawless at this point of its life and is a stable system which supports many games assoc. with windows. I however actually run vista ultimate on my desktop and I can't complain. Never has given me any trouble and the aero and eyecandy is great. Software support is finally catching up as well.

ive used xp, win2k, 95/98/me, vista,server 2k3, sabyon/backtrack/phlax,kubuntu,ubuntu etc. and I would have to say that i like linux because im a techhead. It runs smooth and the opensource development is incredible. Xp runs almost flawless at this point of its life and is a stable system which supports many games assoc. with windows. I however actually run vista ultimate on my desktop and I can't complain. Never has given me any trouble and the aero and eyecandy is great. Software support is finally catching up as well.

Yeah i have to agree with you on vista. I like it, when i talk to my friends about operating systems, they are like i hate vista, i wish microsoft never made it. Well as i always say its the person that uses the computer that gets it screwed up most of the time. Now i'm a linux fan so i know where you are comming from when you say it runs smooth and its nice that its open source. That way you can edit what you want and make it custom to your likeings.

If you don't need any Windows/Mac only apps, I recommend Ubuntu. But since I need lots of apps that Wine doesn't run, I use Windows XP Pro Corp. It's just better than Vista!I did install Leopard on my PC. Except it was too buggy at the time to use well!Sam.

XP all the way! I haven't installed Vista yet, but none of my friends seemed to like it... mostly because of software compatibilities. It's just like when XP came out, not all games where compatible, but a year later everything was being made almost exclusively for XP.. I fear sometime in the future that might happen for Vista, I just pray that when the time comes, Vista would be way better than it is right now.I read somewhere that microsoft apologized for Vista, that they are aware the operating system is not as good as XP is right now. In fact, XP users are trying to make microsoft extend support and store sales for XP until 2014 or somewhere around that date, because they feel Vista is not yet ready for current market. The only good thing Vista has is DX10.. nothing else. And they should stop being childish and port DX10 for XP :) Then Vista would be total useless hahaha.

Which do you think is better XP or Vista or Linux. I am constantly switching back and fourth and cant stick with either. vist has some pretty cool features but Xp has about twice the amount of performance.

Never used, or seen Linux. So I can't really say about that. However, I prefer XP. It's generally faster.

Which do you think is better XP or Vista or Linux. I am constantly switching back and fourth and cant stick with either. vist has some pretty cool features but Xp has about twice the amount of performance.

It depends upon your requirements... For development Xp id definitely the better option, but i would strongly recommend to use vista and start to get things done as in the future you will not have an option to switch back once the support to XP stops which is due in 1-2 years (i am not very sure of the dates... but i rad somewhere that it was soon and it was pushed back because of the demand from big companies...) and it will struck you hard when you do not have a choice...

And when it comes to entertainment, personal use and looks Vista is the best. though the performance of the system sucks in Vista you always have the option of changing the settings to best suit to your work/performance and until you have that option i do not know why you have to switch back and forth between windows XP and Windows Vista. I have an experience of using some GIS software which did not have support for Vista and i had to uninstall and install Xp and the worse part is the support was releases the next week and i had to switch back. Uninstalling and installing is not the worse thing.. (I like to do that... i should say its fun).. but when some work has to be done... thats where the trouble is.

Coming back to your ques... It depends on your requirements.

I would say, Windows XP if u want a stable system.. Vista has many bugs, many are corrected with the SP1 but there are more... But the features in Vista cant be compared to XP.. I have never used linux b4 so cant say about that...