xisto Community
apple

How To Convert Static Ip To Dynamic Ip`?

how can I change my ip if its static?How To Convert Static Ip To Dynamic Ip`?

I have comcast and ive called them asking to change my ip.. A few of them said I could because its dynamic and a and a few said I couldnt because its static. So its my guess that they have no idea what they are talking about...And ive tried changing my ip plently of times so I think its static. is there any other way possible to change it without contacting your isp?

-reply by Riley

how to use dynamic ipHow To Convert Static Ip To Dynamic Ip`?

dear sir,

we r dealing CCTV products, Video surveilence & security systems , Our customer asking about how to watch my premises to through internet  ,we have one standalone net dvr ,It willbe worked based on through internet how will connect throug the dynamic ip  

-feedback by l.Sathish kumar

use proxyi also have a question that is not really of topic how could i change my dynamic ip to a static one? if its possible

Edited by Darkyo13 (see edit history)

There are ways around the issue. Dynamic is not as inconvenient as some might think. If you are constantly connected to your modem, then it is highly unlikely that your IP address will change when the lease runs out (typically about 2 weeks). If you are actively connected to the Internet when the lease runs out then the chance is very very slim that your IP will change. You can check with your ISP to see how long your lease is and find out how much longer you have until it is due to change. Then make a note to make sure your connection is active around that time.
You can also set up a network and assign static IPs to each connected computer on your network using settings on your router. To keep the IP as static (as possible) for your router, just keep an active connection around the time your lease is due to expire

Source
Edited by velma
Hopefully the warning will teach you to use quote tags >_> (see edit history)

You can sign up for a VPN service. That will enable you to get a dynamic IP address from a different part of the world. Different providers give you different software but it is also possible to setup a VPN using only network settings interface in Windows or in Linux. The software only makes it simpler to make those settings.