xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bluebear

Treatment Using Magnets

Okey, so I watched this program at television about different treatments using magnets. It was supposed too help people that has problems with muscles, knuckles and bones. The program proved that people just think this was working. How did they do it? They went to a mall where they announced that everyone that wanted could come and try some "magnets that will make you feel better." Most of the people that came too try this, had problems with pain all around the body. (Like in muscles, for example)

Well I will get to the point:

They had removed the magnets, or did something too them so they where not magnetic anymore. They did not tell the gullible people that wanted to try this "magical treatment." Do you know what the weird thing is? The tries said it worked. They said that they could feel a immediately change, and wanted too buy one them self!

What do you think about this? When people believe something, they can make it work, they can feel better? I think this was quite weird, but it did also amazed me in what ways we can use our mind. Believing helps - or it seems like that.

Edited by Bluebear (see edit history)

It's called placebo, which basically means a harmless substance (or methodology) purported to have beneficial results. If the results are subjective and cannot normally be measured by any standard "yardstick", like pain, drowsiness, perceived energy or vitality, this usually works for conditioned or gullible consumers.

Consider the BioDisc. It is, for all intents and purposes, a coaster, though there are claims that it is an "energizer". Water poured over it is energized. A glass of water standing over it for at least 6 hours is energized (sometimes de-chlorinated) and a BioDisc left overnight in your fridge is sure to energize allthe contents of your fridge.

Regarding the product, there is much sensationalist hype on the propaganda detailing energizing water. It lists benefits that are purely subjective and perceptual. It is said to enhance the taste of food and drinks but we all know one man's (or woman's) meat is another man's (or woman's) poison. It also claims to assist in the intake of nutrients, relieve pain, reduce stress, increase blood oxygenation, delays fatigue, improves sleep, hydrates or detoxifies the body. Note that, for average consumers, none of these can be verified with scientific instruments. After all, who among us have medical diagnostic equipment in our home accurate enough to measure oxygen level in the blood, measure nutrient absorption rate or toxicity?

There is another product that, when I was a kid, was pretty much a hype in our country. The Ernie-form, sometimes known as the Ernie Baron Pyramid, is a tetrahedron composed of 6 long aluminum tubes. The exact science behind its operation is unknown (as it is nothing more than a charlatan's con-job) but it has been detailed as a device harnessing cosmic energies.

There had been lots of claims about the device: it prevents food from spoiling; it energizes whatever is inside the tetrahedron (surprise, surprise); it has also been used by uncrupulous feng-shui "consultants" to improve the chi flow in a house. It is also said to be a battery charger, a blade sharpener and, surprisingly, a cheese and salted egg maker. Ha! Can your BioDisc do that? :)

The most sensational claim, however, was that it makes a person intelligent and, for a while, there was a spawn of students wearing tetrahedra on their heads (a suspension system anchored at the bottom three vertices roughly positioned the brain at the center of the device)

Really, a lot of these "New Age" energy-based devices are no more than inventions of individuals gifted with immensely creative imagination (and the gift of gab, might I also add) Most, if not all, of the time, the effects are perceptual and purely subjective. Testimonials of recoveries are played up while dissenting stories of disappointment were invariably hushed down. I say, the human mind is powerful enough to bring about physiological changes; much can be changed by one's outlook in life. Perhaps the only use these placebo technologies have is in assisting scatter-minded consumers to have something to focus their positivity on.

Oh yeah, I'm selling some gravel, ahem, minerals. Perhaps you'd like to avail of a cure to AIDS, cancer, the common cold or terminal narcolepsy? :)

ya its true magnet help to heal some pain and used for treatment, But i serioulsy warn you not to use mangnets for ur heads. As mangnets destort the brain ways it would really be very difficult for u to adjust with the surroundings.This way even lead to serious problems in future leading to mental desorders. The reason for this is the DNA in the Stem cell of the brain have the chances of getting mutated and that may lead serious problems. So friends be careful while rying out for your brain.Try at your won risk.