xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
varalu

Google Enabled Televisions...

Won't it be great if i can see all my favorite contents in Google Picasa web-albums, Youtube and some Google in my television... Yes that day is not too long. Google has made a pact with a japanese company that will help you experience the above said things...

Japanese manufacturer Matsushita (Panasonic) has signed a deal with Google that will see the company launch flat panel television sets that allow users to access YouTube and other Google services such as Picasa Web Albums.
The deal is said to be non-exclusive with the first units set to be launched in the United States in Spring.

The deal isnt the first internet enabled television to be manufactured, but it is the first time Google has signed a deal in this space. Internet in the lounge room has long been a hyped technology that despite various platforms (including Windows MCE) has failed to capture the publics imagination, particularly given the need for a computer or internet specific device to connect. TV with internet access built in, if its delivered without any major premium over existing television sets has the potential of finally delivering mass market convergence. Having YouTube access built into sets as a default would also be a positive for Google as it continues to work towards strengthen YouTubes long term dominance in light of increased competition.

Where are you guys??
i mean Microsoft and Yahoo! :) :)

I also would like someone to develop a television that is connected to the internet and you can get information about the show you're watching, about whatever they quote or reference on that show and even get other people's opinion on that series.

The problem with Google is that they are making too many announcements and then have all bunch of the project sin the beta stage and there are very little projects in fact finished. They are making so many announcements that I don't know how will they finihs it with their limited resources. Yes they have one would say unlimited money supply but they are employing very little programers comeraed to the other companies like micsrosoft yahoo and so on. Because at its peak google had some 400 employees including all other esecial personal not just programers so you see they have skill they have money they have idea they just miss their manpower. And I think that they will not extend any further because if company is smaller it is more efficiant and I think that google is mostly ufraid of becoming inefficiant company or shell I say corporation like the big Microsoft.Also I would like to mention few more projects announced by google in the last few months not yet out and they say they are working on them, gPhone yes its true but it is not as iPhone because they are not working in fact on the phone it self but rather on the platform fro the phones and this has attracted some major players in production of software for mobile phones and in production of hardware which in fact consequently producd some fights among partners as soe wnated great platform at the price of hardware and other wanted optimal platform I hope they will reach concensus soon.Next one is anouncement of google starting it storage that is they will not make official you will be able to open google account and have storage unit like external or net drive. I know it has been able to do with google email but they that is google did not approved it and now you will have online storage from google currently in work named as gspace.And one another is jsut jumping of all other things google has started and it is not connected to the computers in fact but rather with optimization. What google wants to the is to start their facility that is their computer farms with the supply of clean and reusable energy like sun cells and wind power. There is some feasability with this project what they want to the is in factr producing energy 1Kwh of energy from reuable resource which would be cheaper then 1 kwh from the coal energy source.And you have mentioned that the other guys are not following. But this is not true it is just that they keep their plans more closed and do not just go out and say about everything in front of everyone just to gain few more bucks on the stock. So what Microsoft did lately and probably very little people know about it. Is that they have announced few billion investment in the new computer farm in the Siberia. Very smart move if you ask me from the microsoft part. Cheaper cooling and remote location makers it very good either for security reasons and for the energy feasability and reduction of usage. And also if some of the employees is not behaving themselves then you can send them directly to siberia :) :) :P:D :D :D And one more thing there Microsofts moves are following googles almost emidiatly.

One day i reckon everyone will have a pc each and that will be everything... TV, DVD EVERYTHING they do all those things but everyone will have one... no more need to walk between tv and pc