xisto Community
jlrr94

Deja Vu Do u think that dreams tries to alert u?

Deja Vu scares me a bit...I had a dream the other day where I got hit by a car after getting off the bus just around the corner of my house. (the dream occured on Thursday night)Yesterday (Friday) I got off the bus and was walking on the pedestrian crossing when a car didn't stop and sped through right where I was about to step. Same car from the dream, same bus, same place.

Some dreams may be alerting you of danger in the future, but others may be just related things. Say I watched an episode of Doctor Who, where Daleks took over Britain, then went to bed shortly after. I'd have a high chance of getting a dream involving Daleks, and Britain. Or one of the two. Y'see what I mean?

I'm sorry but i don't believe that dreams can alert and if it matches future it was only luck (just like wining lottery). dreams are made by mind and what u see depends on who you are and what happened recently. that why many of them will not happen. many times my mom called me and said she had nightmare about me and i was absolutely fine and nothing happened later on so if one goes true 1 in 100000 i call that chance not alert.

I think you should remeber your dreams like I mean ones that take place in firmiluar areas. I have noticed sometimes my dreams actually take place. I would be just driving along and thinking wow I dreamed about this area a day ago there was like a big accedenr here though in my dream, and sure enough may be like 2 to 5 days later there is an accident there almost identical to the dream. So I think in a way are dreams trll us somthing oh and not always are they bad things either. Like if you where with a special person and in your dream it was a spcial occassion domthing like that, then you think hey I was here before. Weird isnt it.

The thing with Deja-Vu is that it can't be stopped, you always think that... "wait hasn't this already happened before?" but you can never alter what happens. I had a deja-vu last week during a hockey game where I remembered exactly what happened, but this was only while it was in the process of happening. It takes ones mind so long to adjust to what it has just seen that when one speaks, it may be too late to change the course of action.

Well, it will always be like that. It seems cool when your dreams are so vivid and you can actually feel and move as if you were awake lol.They are many cases for me where the "Deja-Vu". I guess when you are a teenager, you're Deja-Vu catches on ^_^ Yeah like hasaki said, when it happens, all you'll say is "Hey! I remember this.."I guess I'll whip up a dream and tell you 2 days later when it happens :P I just hope my dream doesn't invovle me getting harmed :P

I regularily have Deja Vu expiriences, so I know that they are a reality. But as for the idea of Deja Vu fortelling the future or not... I'm not really sure where I stand about that. The main argument against that idea, is that most people who expirience Deja Vu usually forget about it until the event happens - which, from a sceptical point of view, could simply be a case of suggestion. However, due to my own personal expiriences I do not believe that suggestion can be used as a way of explaining all Deja-Vu cases, even if most of them can be explained that way.I personally believe that dreams CAN provide a warning to future events, as there are many documented cases of people who have had such dreams. But whether or not dreams offer an insight to the future itself... that is a topic that will never be answered.

Deja vu to the extremeDeja Vu

Most of the time I hear about Deja Vu cases people normally just talk about experiences where they felt like they've done something before or dreamt it before or seen it in some way once they experience it. So if that's the basic case of Deja Vu then I'm not quite sure what to call what I experience.

Too many times (more frequently occurring now than ever) have I experienced very strong cases of it. I don't know if this sounds too weird, even considering the topic, but here goes...

Whenever I get that sense that I've done something before, it's never just a foggy blur. It's not vague or reminiscent of a dream perhaps. It's always clear and vivid. I can pinpoint why I feel like I've done it before because I point out everything around me as being there the last time it happened (I.E. The scenery, who I was with, what we were talking about at the time, what was on television at the time, what they were saying on the T.V., about what time of day it was...Everything).

The other disturbing part is that I don't just have Deja Vu, I get the feeling that I also previously had Deja Vu about the moment before. Like I'm not just getting the feeling I've done it before but I also have had deja vu about it already but don't know when... Like you get a deja vu that you've had deja vu that you've had deja vu about that exact moment already.

This forces me to believe within myself that things can be foreseen, but it's just unfortunate to not possess more mental capacity within myself to see if it's something that can be turned into something more... So my opinion obviously stands that Deja Vu can hold evidence to forseeing future events, just not a solid way, like it perhaps has to be taken from that stage and developed into something else, as in being in just this form helps in no way whatsoever of possibly seeing future events before they happen. But this belief is held because of my own personal experiences so it really is just a mere opinion.

-reply by Brea

dreamsssDeja Vu

I'm doing a project for school and I need to know a few answers for the questions below

Why do we have nightmares?

Is deja-vu related to dreams?

How and where do dreams develop?

Are dreams a sign of what u want?

Are we the only living things that have dreams?

Any answers are very helpfull

Thank you.

-question by angelo