xisto Community
jlrr94

Deja Vu Do u think that dreams tries to alert u?

That thing about the heart attack isn't Deja-Vu, that thing about the attacj is when you dream that you are falling in a huge hole, and then you wake up and your heart is very fast. That happens because your heart was lowing his levels, it's like because the heart saw that the other organs where sleeping he wanted to sleep too, but he can't!! lol.Dreams are very,very strange. Deja-Vu is in most of the cases common things as lady said. You can dream that you are eating in certain table in certain place talking about certain topic and your friend tell u certain thing and some months or days ago that happens and you'll remember that you dreamed it, or u will think that u already experienced that. That's a Deja-Vu.Also that's why I don't understand the movie Deja-Vu, why is it called in that way?? There are no Deja-Vu in that movie, he just go to the future.

I've thinking about this topics for some days, all of us had had dreams in our life.

Sometimes things that happen in our dreams happen in a future, this is normally called Deja-Vu, but do u think that dreams are, in some cases, warnings of things that can happen in a future, are they trying to prepare us for the future??

What do u think?

will this did happens to me some time

but i don't care much because of fast live i do have

but it is interesting topic to talk about

one time i have deem about jumping the see

and even i know I'm in Cairo and the see is far away

i felled that i will see the see soon

and in the second Day get an invtion to sharm elshikh for work over thier

and SO i went their fallowing my dreams

and i did live some of my best and worth dye's

like you live in hell and heaven at the same time :)

No I don't believe there is any connection between what happens to dreams and what will happen in the future. Dreams are a combination of events and thoughts your mind goes through, not a deja vu set up.

Good question. This actually happened to me, for some of you doubters.

Sometime before I had ever flown in a plane, I dreamed that I was in a plane coming in for a landing over water with lots of lights reflecting off the water. This was a normal landing, not crash. I did see things from what seemed to be the pilot's perspective, I guess since I had no knowledge of how a landing would appear from a passenger seat.

Some years later I had to fly into San Francisco for my father's funeral. The landing pattern took us right over the SF Bay onto the runway. The lights were reflecting off the water surface, as they had done in my dream.

Now I would call this a case of deja vu.

Hmm, I've had a few situations of deja vu, the last time was when I had some sort of dream which involved going a house I've never been before and I've even imagined of holding on to a perticular item. A week later, that exact situation occured! I don't know what it is, but I don't really want to.

Deja vu is an uncanny feeling or illusion of having already seen or experienced something that is being experienced.It can be a illusion or delusion.and dreams are related to our sub conscious mind. sub conscious looks at what happens the whole day in his own way and then sees it in dreams, or your hidden fears or feelings might come as dreams.Dreams are very complex process and are not fully understood by scientists. but there r drugs that can give u good dreams and also which can give u night mares.

It seems that scientist got a new toy with which to study our dreams. It's called polysomnograph and it developed a particular area called polysomnography. A polysomnographic test can easily monitor the phases of your sleep, tell if you're having a nightmare or a pleasant sleep and determine whether you suffer from from sleep disorders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polysomnography

(sorry for being offtopic, I thought it would be nice to mention this too)

But if Deja-vu is something that happened in the past, how can u explain that things u dream happen some time later??Maybe we had another life in the past???

I've noticed the concept of Deja Vu often gets associated with the idea of reincarnation, but then, the Bible mentions Deja Vu in the sense of dreams foretelling the future but also denies the idea of reincarnation, saying "it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment". (Hebrews 9:27)

All through the Bible God used dreams to tell people about events in their life to come.

In some cases, those not walking close to God needed their dreams explained:

-Joseph interpreted the dreams of Pharaoh and his servants to predict the fate of both servants, and of a 7 year famine to come (Genesis 40-41)

In some of those cases, the dreamers did not even tell the interpreters what the dreams were.

-Nebuchadnezzar, king of the Babylonian empire (which has been extensively verified by archeology), had a dream, but had trouble remembering it afterwards. He ordered his astrologers, magicians, and diviners to tell him what the dream was, but they claimed no man on earth could do such a thing. Daniel ended up telling him the dream and what it meant, a vision of future world empires to come, after first stressing that it was God who revealed it and that he Daniel had no ability of his own to do so. (Daniel 2)
-Nebuchadnezzar had another dream, but this time foretelling 7 years of insanity to come upon him for continuing to rebel against God. And afterwards, Nebuchadnezzar turned towards God and admitted his pride and God's justice in doing so. (Daniel 4)

In this case, dreams foretold future events to come in the life of the one dreaming of them:

-Joseph dreams that one day his brothers and parents will bow down before him, only to have it fulfilled later in his life when he is placed in authority in Egypt. (Genesis 37)

Admittedly, however, the Bible more often speaks of dreams being used by God to provide direction and guidance so people will make the right choices. God always seems to have a purpose in using dreams to foretell the future, and doesn't just use such 'deja vu' tactics for no reason.

-God uses a dream to let Abimelech know Abraham is being deceitful in not admitting Sarah is his wife, something Abraham did because he feared for his life and did not trust God, only one of many cases where the Bible speaks of godly people making mistakes which they often ended up apologizing to God for or even being punished for. (Genesis 20)
-God uses a dream to let Joseph know he's being protected and his heritage will be blessed. (Genesis 28)
-God uses a dream to warn Laban not to speak good or bad to Joseph. (Genesis 31:24)
-God uses a dream to let Gideon know he will be successful in attacking forces that were invading Israel. (Judges 7)
-God uses a dream to offer Solomon a blessing - Solomon chooses wisdom. (1 Kings 3)
-God uses a dream to let tell Joseph of His plans involving the Messiah, and to take Mary as his wife. (Matthew 1)
-God uses dreams to warn Joseph and the magi of Herod's evil intentions. (Matthew 2)
-Pilate's wife has a dream of Jesus and warns Pilate not to be guilty concerning him, which advice Pilate takes, in a way. (Matthew 27)

An interesting verse concerning how Israel would know its prophets:

Numbers 12:6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

More verses relating to dreams:

Job 33:14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not. 15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;
16 Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,
17 That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.
18 He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

Prophecy of how God would work in later days concerning dreams and visions:

Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: 29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Acts 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Edited by Joshua (see edit history)

see!if it is mentioned in the books, its got to be true :)if science told us that if we use our minds hard enough we could move objects then hey, predicting the future is a child's work

i believe in deja vu, its a very interesting concept to think about. but deja vu only happens to me about 3 times a year O.o; is that alot? anyways, i would have dreams of driving somewhere, doing something on the computer and i would have the same nightmare every night for 4 days straight sometimes. but the whole driving and doing something on the computer thing happens to me alot >.> but when deja vu hits me its a feeling of confusion and i get disoriented easily. especially when i have deja vu whilst driving.

The experience of d?j? vu is usually accompanied by a compelling sense of familiarity, and also a sense of "eeriness", "strangeness", or "weirdness".

The term deja vu is French and means, literally, "already seen." Those who have experienced the feeling describe it as an overwhelming sense of familiarity with something that shouldn't be familiar at all. Say, for example, you are traveling to England for the first time. You are touring a cathedral, and suddenly it seems as if you have been in that very spot before. Or maybe you are having dinner with a group of friends, discussing some current political topic, and you have the feeling that you've already experienced this very thing -- same friends, same dinner, same topic.

Idk how many times i've had deja vu but it always happens when i'm in a scenic area

Like this past monday I was walking through the park with my dog and I saw a guy running past me and he was the same dude from my dreams..

--

I'm a really superstitious person so I don't think of deja vu as a brain twitch anymore.

On runescape I was doing my daily fishing routine and the same guy walks by me as always and I watch his pet Cat run behind him and then I realize i've been in this situation before and I look around to see if there's anything the same around as before

I can't really explain the whole phenomenon but it freaks the crap out of me and then I have to sprinkle salt in water and drink it and the whole shebang!

Edited by Reekun (see edit history)

I've thinking about this topics for some days, all of us had had dreams in our life.
Sometimes things that happen in our dreams happen in a future, this is normally called Deja-Vu, but do u think that dreams are, in some cases, warnings of things that can happen in a future, are they trying to prepare us for the future??

What do u think?

Well I personally have dejavu multiple times. Usually I dont realize until its too late to keep it from happening. One time I realized that I was having dejavu and I could literally say everything that was this man was going to do before e did it. It was so creepy. I think that dejavu is a premonition of the future and we dont remember it until it is happening.

Well I personally have dejavu multiple times. Usually I dont realize until its too late to keep it from happening. One time I realized that I was having dejavu and I could literally say everything that was this man was going to do before e did it. It was so creepy. I think that dejavu is a premonition of the future and we dont remember it until it is happening.

well, its not all true. sometimes i just know when something will be happened. like when you realize that it was a dejavu, but i did realize it from the beginning i got the vision. it happened very regularly -almost twice or more every week-. so any body could explain to me am I still in dejavu when it happens to me? or its a kind of different vision?