xisto Community
PinQ

Gmail Or Hotmail Gmail vs Hotmal

What's better Gmail or Hotmail??  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love Gmail, and at the moment it's much more better than hotmail. Although I did hear that Hotmail was going to upgrade to 5GB soon, so I'm wondering if my vote will change then :XD:

i would say hotmail, because u can use hotmail anywhere that has the windows live logo. gmail is basicly google and youtube. like come on i have hotmail on my N95 and i use it through both Wlan and vodafone live.then i tried gmail and it didn't work. and before someone post saying this is how u fix it, i don't really care.so that is why hotmail it better

Im with the majority of people here, and Im with Gmail. I have google as my homepage, so Gmail integrates with that and it makes it much easier to check your mail, and convenient. I think Gmail has more space too? Not sure. But even if hotmail does upgrade to 5GB, who is going to use all that space? I actually use Yahoo, which i think is better than both(just cause im used to it), but the topic is about homail and gmail.

hot mail for me defiantly. you get all this for free

* A whopping 5 GB of inbox storage * Enhanced security: colour-coded alerts for suspicious e-mail
* Choose the full version or the streamlined classic version
* Choose your own colours and layout
* Preview window for all messages
* Drag, drop, and organize at will

but i've never tried gmail before

Gmail. Hotmail is indeed improving but I find it's spam filter to be lacking and it's adds to be far too intrusive. I mean, sure Google doesn't have a multi-coloured eye candy user interface, but give me functionality over style anyday.I'd also like to point out that Gmail allows for remote access where Hotmail does not. What does that mean? It means that I can have 5 Gmail accounts and check them all at once using a mail client such as Outlook or Thunderbird; 5 Hotmail accounts would mean logging in 5 times.

Im with the majority of people here, and Im with Gmail. I have google as my homepage, so Gmail integrates with that and it makes it much easier to check your mail, and convenient. I think Gmail has more space too? Not sure. But even if hotmail does upgrade to 5GB, who is going to use all that space? I actually use Yahoo, which i think is better than both(just cause im used to it), but the topic is about homail and gmail.

They say you can use it for file uploading/storing or something :P.

Gmail hands down on my end, the service provided by them is hands down and quite nice interface. I was lucky enough to get my friend to invite me within the group. With no ads and quick access of mail of course it would be the better choice.

Say, if you compare a site with so large email storage and just a place with just big storage, one would know the answer, right?

Moreover, I like GMail because it use Java so I don't need to refresh all the time to keep my mail updated, and also the greatest function in GMail that I like is how GMail encapsulate emails into conversation, so I don't need to have so many email if it's just replies because it is more convenient to only have 1 conversation.

Edited by .hack//GU (see edit history)

Gmail is without a doubt the better of the two. It has more storage, better searching, easy integration with practically any email client, auto-responders and, my particular favourite feature, filters.

i prefer hotmail it just looks better but i dont use my Gmail alot maybe that could be the rason but all i know is that i preffer yahoo over both of those but that's a strory for another time