xisto Community
Forbez

Website Not Loading?

Moderators deal only with the Forum and offer advise about the Hosting Account issues.
We don't have any more access to the server than you do, so I suggest a Support ticket is in order to resolve these issues.

Please post back here the results so a moderator can mark the Topic completed. Thanks.

And my Account was having a problem, too, but it seems to be resolved now. Members are able to connect...

Hirishiolo,

This link works fine for me. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Repeating Image of a lady???

I can see my own site fine, but several members cannot. Has there been any change in server software or something? I know of other cases where hosts had a server software that made it so certain people could not see pages.

I would urge members to be patient. The Support people are undoubtedly working on the issue and they will do what they can as fast as they can.

Just to extentuate the problem, I have having trouble loading my site also. I can not load any of theirs also.

Not sure.Support has been advised that there are issues, and we are waiting to hear back from them about what might be the problem.Please be patient.

my website is down also!
bthaxor.trap17.com

i am certain it worked a week or so ago, however around the new year it has gone down.

i believe this is a problem of Xisto, please try to fix it asap.

I see your site just fine.
And Server Admins are working on it.
No indication what is wrong. Until we know, please don't make accusations.

Guys, there is no longer a need to post which sites are not working. Read previous posts please. Information has been given that the Server Admins are looking into our problem here. So try to just be patient. A free service going down once in a while is not the end of the world, as waiting a day without your site will also not be.

BRUTALWARFARE working.
===================
Jan 02, 2008 - 3:38 PM - by Muxen
Okay this is just a reminder, but we are gonna start the Bf2 matches and stuff this year, now. I've joined the Bf2 Inf, but if you want to team up with someone on the tank 2v2 or a jet 1v1, ask me.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
====================
Also working....

Other sites... Will also work :-)

I apologizex1000 for what happened. The reason was "me". The servers were alright. All members who are using DOMAINS to host their website at Xisto.com servers will agree that their sites were working fine.

So, Why the Sub-domains?
Yesterday, I got up in the morning to check my mailbox and found my inbox -EMPTY-.
No New Mails at all... No, it was not my lucky day.. First time in my life, I was cursing spammers for not even sending me a single spam. Things were not correct and it was not a joke.. So, I checked all the mail settings, filters, spam blocks and finally asked Mike to send me a test email. Which Obviously, did NOT drop in my mail box.

1.5 days of COMPANY emails getting lost is BIG FAT BLOW (Trust me). I went through the DNS records of Xisto and found it to have a DIFFERENT MX record. It had the record of a different Hosting company. My immediate concern was not to find the bugger who did this, but was to make the records secure enough so that these mistakes do not happen hence forth.

The error was due to a bug in CPanel and my having xisto.com linked as Xisto Free account manager on servers. When I had started Xisto, Xisto.com was the "owner" of accounts created for Xisto. This helps to sort the accounts for Xisto and Xisto. I am assuming that some of our members might have tried to PARK or ADD a domain with the host nameservers as this XYZ company.

My MX record with 0 priority was not set. I use Google for my company mails, so according to their instruction, the priority is set from 1,5,5,10 ..

Yesterday, I shifted my DNS to external cluster (outside Xisto) for Xisto, Xisto, Xisto - Web Hosting, Xisto - Support and Xisto. This will make sure that tomorrow if anything happens to our nameservers or DNS making all sites un-reachable, our main site will still be functional (if our servers are up to display them).

This move (which is a bit complicated) will ensure that our communication with our members will be maintained even if there are DNS failures in future.

Okay, now when doing all this, I forgot, Xisto.com has a lot of subdomains whose information is stored on our cluster and its impossible to move every domains DNS to outer network. Anyway, As difficult as it sounds, I solved the issue by pointing a WILDCARD * for Xisto Subdomain to our Gamma server. So all subdomains will start working.

If its not, give it a 3-4 hours and it will. I am again sorry for everything that happened and I should had been more careful. But I was doing my best and mistakes do happen under pressure. :-/