xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GOD POING

Md Walkmans Intriguing, indeed

For Christmas, I received one gift and one gift only. This would be a MD Walkman. Now, I was pretty confused on what this would do. At first sight, it seemed like a regular cassette player, but as I soon found out, it was something more. You can download up to 40-45 hours of music into it. Not only can you download music into it, you can download non-audio files into it such as spreadsheets, documents, etc. It comes with both mini-CDs to fit & play music into it as well as mini-floppy disks to save non-audio files into and view.

Thats crazy! I received a creative zen micro, and it has a feature under its msystem menu to partition parts of the HD to use just for data. I was kidna turned off that the entire thing diudnt fuction as a HD, and you have to use creatives utility or media player to get music on, but the fidelity is incredible! How does the walkman sound? Do you have to convert to ATRAC before it will send onto the device?

non audio files???I have an md player too, but it doesn't store anything non audio. Gimme some more details plz! Is it one of those new HD-MDs? Is it Sony? What Model number?From the sound of it, it is the new hd stuff, I can at most fit about 5-7 hours on one md which is 80min without compression. I have the Sony 707 which is kinda old but is still serving me good.

a friend of mine got one for Xmas. now everything is digital. today's MD's come with "hard disk" (a regular flash disk pen). you can quickly transfer music to the MD (5min of music in 5sec) from a computer. the MD's software lets you also transfer music from others devices (old casset players or cd players) trough analogic cable or just use a microphone. the md is capable to encode in mp3, wav, wma and sony's aclaimed atrac3plus. of course you can transfer files to and from the pc, just connect with a regular usb cable and instantly your computer will pop "new usb mass storage device". so this means you can also carry files on your MD... i've done it lots of time with my old nokia 5510...

hey,MD is very very koooool music player i had used.advantage with faily a great timbre and high compressed audio files.only the mini cd is headache problem which is expensive and little in market usually.luckly md supports downloading music file whit multi-format.my md is made by sony which has a certain format to compress audio file to save space.indeed i like md than mp3.

I bought an MD Walkman in about April this year, one of them Sony Net MD ones, I reckon it works well for me... but the transfer system through Sonic Stage is a bit of a pain sometimes, but register and get the updated version and it's all good...GOD POING, you must have a Hi-MD one, the newer model. I probably should have waited a couple of months to get one of those. (Though I still prefer the look of my MZ-N710 :rolleyes:)