xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce517

Error E74? (xbox 360)

hi everyone i have had my xbox for 5 months and this is the first time its has gone wrong now as i have been looking around other sites about this e74 error i got the other night with a green screen there has been alot of people with the same problem now i think mircosoft know about this problem why r thay still selling xbox 360 in shops thay should take them off the shelfs and fix the problem as some people warrenty has run out microsoft want us to pay them more money to get it fixed then u dont even get your xbox back u get a recondision one that someone else sent in if it go wrong i want a new one not second hand i payed new i want to have a new one back anyway i think it is a big problem and microsoft dont care about people who have problems with xbox 360 or elites and long as thay get our money i have to pay 50 pound a game and 40 pound a year for xbox live so my point being is why should we pay for something that microsoft know about come on microsoft get real and get this problem sorted asap thanks for reading raver09 and good luck getting your xbox fixed

Customer Support way around...Error E74? (xbox 360)

I recently had a problem with the "one-ring or death". I too had a console that was past it's warranty and figured that since the system was dead, I would be covered by the extended warranty for the Rrod users. But when I called customer support they basically read off their computer screen that it was a hardware problem, before asking if my warranty even ran out, telling me that I had to pay $120 to fix the system. I argued at first and even spoke to a superviser about the issue. Still, nothing happened. I hung up and even called my family lawyer to assist me with reading the warranty and terms of service agreement so I can fully understand what microsoft was saying and if I was in the right. Turns out that the E74 Message and the Rrod fall under the same/relative hardware issues but since Microsoft knew about the potential problems that lead to an E74 message, they can negate the coverage of the warranty and chalk it up to overplaying the Xbox. However, since they knew it was an issue, non the less, they are still liable and still have to fix it on their dime. As my lawyer put it, "Microsoft is simply trusting that most of the people that buy their product, if not all of them, will except the terms of the warranty at first glance and that these people will believe Microsoft knows better. It's business at it's finest." With the knowledge I had gained, I called the customer service line again and immediately asked for a superviser to handle my claim. I did as IGUEST had done and basicaly asked for a comparison of both the E74 message and the Rrod. When she stated that they were the came thing/relative, I then asked that if they are the same/relative and the system was eaqually dead and needed repair or replacement, then by law, shouldn't my console fall under the same conditions at the Rrod. She went quiet and took afew sec. She then told me that she understood what I was saying and that she would override the charge for the repair. Be persistant but not an *bottom*. KNow what your trying to say and they will recieve you well. I'm not sure if it will work for some of you, But keep trying. Hopefully Microsoft will get its act together on this one.-reply by LeoN

Would you mind giving me your imput on my questionsError E74? (xbox 360)

Ive been having the same problem with mine I havent gone as far as getting a lawyer yet but I have made complants with the better buisness burrow and still they keep feeding the same thing that I have to pay.  Ive also talked with as far as I can tell three differnent supporvisors each telling that I had to pay.  Now I'm not being a jerk when I talk to them in fact I think I may be being to nice but nothing is changing and I'm getting tired of fighting with these guys and ive set a date as to when I'm going to just tap out.

After reading your message though I think I might have to keep going until today when I read that you did get your xbox fixed for free.  Your one the first person that I heard of that actually got there x box for free.  This gave me some hope that people are winning these arguements and its not just people fighting with x box support until there either ready to give up take them to court.  So I owe you a major thankyou for giving me the gas I needed to keep going.

I do have some questions though. First off why is microsoft doing this it just doesnt make sense to me to screw loyal xbox custumers by charging people to fix a problem they caused.  Because this was all caused by this update and they know it, and its not like we caused this problem the update did and you know what thats fine I expected to have problems with my xbox.  What I have a problem with is charging people to fix this its not right.  So my question is why do it all its going to do is either cause them law suites which will cost them more money then it would to fix them form the get go.  Or make people sell there xboxs and games  to game stop who will buy broken xboxs and they loose their buisness to other game systems.  I'm no busness major but it seem like they are purposely trying to loss money and customers, so why do it?

-reply by Ryan SullivanKeywords:

This might sound stupid because I didn't look over all of the posts. I have gotten this error before. I mod xboxs and repair them as well. All I did was reinsert the hard drive. So take it off completely then reinsert it. I should fix the one light flash.

LEON MY HEROError E74? (xbox 360)

Leon you're a champion negotiator. Thank you. I got this crap issues last night and was fully ready to sell off my beloved old school PS2 to fix this but you have saved it. Thanks a lot. Tell your lawyer he is well worth every penny and has positively enlighteden the gaming community for us all.

;-] 

-reply by Guest 0843

e74 errorError E74? (xbox 360)

I have read the previous comments and I don't think any have fully answered my question.  I have gotten the e74 error.  I tried the troubleshooting procedures. Turned the system on w/o the hard drive or hd/av cables, no red light. Tried with the hard drive connected, no red light.  its only when I connect the hd/av cables when I get the red light.  so is it the cables or (H)ana chip?  anyone experienced this?  please help

-reply by engleweed

e74 errorError E74? (xbox 360)

I have a question concerning error74. My system only gets the red light and error screen when the av cables are connected.  does this mean the cables are bad or is it the (h)ana chip people are talking about?

-question by jerm

hey i have question regarding the error 74. i only get the error 74 and red ring when i connect the av cables. i powered on the system without the hard drive or cables, and the system worked. second, i tried with the hard drive attached, the system worked. it was when i connected the av cables that the red light and error screen came on. is the cables the problem or is it the (h)ana chip? please, can someone help?

Okay so me and my friend were playing guitar hero and all of a sudden the screen got all block like and the graphics all turned into green swirly squares. So we thought maybe the A/v cord was loose or something i turned off the xbox and re-plugged the a/v cords in now every time i turn the xbox on it flashes 1 red light and says Error E74 in about every language i know of... I have called 1-800-4myxbox and all they said is that they only fix xbox's with the 3 red light error.... what do i do? thanks.

my bro had same problem and now i do.so he put a towel over his xbox for like 2-3 hrs.it started workinggood.he kept his xbox off carpet from then.now im doing same thing, hope it works!

my bro had same problem and now i do.so he put a towel over his xbox for like 2-3 hrs.it started workinggood.he kept his xbox off carpet from then.now im doing same thing, hope it works!

The towel trick is usually a temporary fix. Basically what you are doing is overheating your xbox to the point that it resets. This still doesn't help the contact between the GPU and the motherboard. It could go weeks before you'll need to do the trick again, but inventially you'll need to do the trick over and over again. If you can't send it in to Microsoft, then you might want to fix it yourself. There are a few tutorials out there on how to do it. You'll need some tools and hardware. It's not easy the first time, but once you do it the first time, it gets easier. Let me know if you need help finding a tutorial. Good luck. Keep gaming!!!

1 red ringError E74? (xbox 360)

I was playing fallout 3 and I noticed some strange lines appeared in the detail. I switched off my xbox hoping that would solve the problem but when I turned it back on it came up with an error message (E74) and 1 red ring. I tried to see if there was any dust in the connectors but when I tried turning it back on I noticed that the ring was gone and then the video cable was unplugged. I plugged in the cable and the light came back. I have tried both HDMI and the standard cable. What should I do?

-reply by the_big_ch3353

alright I just powered up my xbox 360 with intercooler and it worked first buy a cooler then see if you still have the e 74 error then turn it off and unplug everything then hook up cooler then put everything back together but leave av cable or hdmi unpluged then if it works then plug hdmi or av in 

-reply by daniel

Ugh,nothing works!Error E74? (xbox 360)

Yeah,I have the E 74 error too. I've been having it for three days.I partially blame it on my Mom's house,because the first time I brought my Xbox there,it killed my Assassin's Creed game.Now,last Saturday,it KILLED my Xbox.I tried:

removing accessories

removing cables

cleaning the inside of the cords.

I don't want to take apart my Xbox to fix it just yet.Is there any other way to fix it?

-feedback by Logan

numberError E74? (xbox 360)[Replying to iGuest-,54442,398045 whats the number for that place you called cus I just got the e74 errer message and I want mine fixed for free cus I only had my xbox for a month and two days-reply by brandin

If you have E74, all hope is not lost.Error E74? (xbox 360)

Just look up error e74 on google and find the support for xbox.Com and fill out the online repair form. They'll even give you a shipping label for free. You can get a new system free of charge with no hassle, other than having to ship the console! Also, Microsoft's warranty on the 360 is extended by 2 years if your problem is the error 74. So good luck!