xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce517

Error E74? (xbox 360)

i got it bout 100 timesError E74? (xbox 360)

it was a few days after christmas I was plying modern warfare2 all of a sudden some black lines come up on my screen I cant see,so I turned off and I got E74. My dad got a guy to put cooling fans in it(don't GET OUTSIDE COOLING FANS!)and it worked but I played end war for bout a week then I played modern warfare 2 and the graphics sucked so I turned off...E74

now just yesterday I got it and I just got it friday(I didnt play so much)but still this friggin problem needs to be dealt with by microsoft I wanna sue bill gates

-reply by noob

IntercoolerError E74? (xbox 360)

No don't buy an intercooler, It'll only cause trouble, it doesn't cool of your console all the opposite... It traps the hot air in between the console and the intercooler... 

Best thing to is keep your console on a cool spot, and  if you really like, use a normal fan pointed to your console... It'll speed it up a little too...

E. 

-reply by Enrique

E74 - Error FIX - Without Voiding WarrentyError E74? (xbox 360)

I have had the same problem, sometimes E74 and sometimes just green/black squares or dots. Its defantly a GPU ( Graphics Chip Problem )

I Also followed some youtube videos and tutorials from forums. And its a temporary fix I can get rid of the error for a while but they seem to come back..

What I did was firstly take the faceplate of the xbox360. Then to not void the warranty you can take a hairdryier to the microsoft seal and you can peel off without voiding. Then open the xbox360 , find the (H)ANA chip and stack aload of pennys with insulation tape round and put on top of it,

Put everything back to gether and you may find the error has gone. With me it still came back so then I then done the towel trick , Wich will heat up the solder and let it cool and now error seems to have gone for longer. But still does come back. I will try a REFLOW or removing the chip cleaning and adding new heatsink gel or what ever it called.

I hope this can help somone as it helped me . Sorry I didnt go into to to much detail but it all can be found on youtube and forums , searching " E74 Error Fix " All the best

-reply by The BuZ

Replying to Bruce517Yeah you can call the xbox support center and make a repair order, if it is in warranty then its free. If not than I think u have to pay for the ups label and send it to their company and they will repair it and send it back to you within 2-3 weeks. That happened to me..-reply by XxLEgENdgAmrxX

Usually the error has to do with the GPU processing unit. You should see "E74 System Error. Contact Xbox Customer Support" and the lower right quadrant of the power ring should be red.The error is caused when there's a video problem, because the Xbox 360 scaler chip is damaged. Most likely due to overheating. The problem is fixable, but will require some work and no-how. You need to reball your gpu and cpu chips within the xbox. You will need to dissemble your xbox, you will need a heat gun, some thermal compound, and time.