xisto Community
sonesay

Staring Problem Do you do it? how to stop it.

My Life Is Getting RuinedStaring Problem

I'm so glad I found this site. This is my problem, and I need help and I don't know who to turn to.. And it's getting to the point of insanity.  I feel so bad everytime I do it. My problem with staring is at men's bald spot and even at women's hairline. I don't know how I got into it. I'm female, and I had problems with my hair. I was always looking at myself in the mirror at my hair. Then I started to stare at people's hair line on t.V. I have  a big screen.  I always stare at myself, but I don't offend my self. Then I started staring at my family members, and I felt so bad. Every time I talked to my brother, I'd look at his hair. It's mostly because I feel bad because I don't want him to go bald, but I just end up staring at his hair and then I did it to my dad.  I hate myself. And now I'm doing it to any stranger. I am a really good person at heart, and the last thing I wanted to do is hurt anyone's feelings. And when I did this to a man who was the nicest person, he noticed that I noticed, and then I noticed that I noticed and it's making me act bad toward him, because I hate myself that I looked at him. I don't know what to do. IT makes him end up hating me. Then I wish I could go to him and explain to him that I'm a moron and I am so sorry and I wish I didn't do it. I don't wear glasses, but I feel like have have to now, because it's gotten to the point where I am afraid of who I'll look at next and offend. I can only be comfortable wearing sunglasses. Then if I am stuck with no sunglasses and no glasses, then I have to blur my vision to stop from staring at people. I hate myself because of this.  I feel like life is not worth living, because I never want to hurt anyone. I am hurting the confidence of men and women. I don't care if people stare at me. My hair isn't perfect. It started with myself, and I am projecting this awful behaviour on others. I don't know what to do to stop this. I can't tell anyone about this because it is so embarrasing.  I can't even talk to anyone now. I hate going to the store because I'm afraid I'll just stare at a random stranger and hurt his or her feelings.  I was searching the internet to find help and I came across this site.  Please someone, please help me. This is no joke. People hate me because of this and they don't know the true kindness in me.  I wish I could stop this. I feel like having a press conference and telling eveyone that I hurt that I'm sorry. Please help.

-reply by Help Me

this is the problem and you should start work on it. there is always reason behind these kind of problem try to find that and work on that. People get offended when you see their body features. I suggest you to talk with doctor...

I am 48 never had an issue socializing in my life, suddenly about 3 years ago I started becoming vey self conscious while interacting with others, This soon lead to a blank star which as one person already stated just makes it worse. The only headway I have made is trying to relax; I certainly had to cut back on coffee, and other stimulants which I found to enhance the effect. I also began supplementing with Niaminicide and DMAE, works wonders, really helps me get the boost I need to focus. I believe what I am struggling with is more of an anxiety disorder which may or may not be OCD related.

Yea I find it hard to look people in the eyes that are above you. Like teachers, the principal, probation officer :unsure:. I found something that works really well. Don't look them in the eyes look at the right above the noes between the eyes. It looks like your giving eye contact but it doesn't feel as awkward. At least for me.

Ok I have a serious starring problem, basically I stare at people I try not to as now It has gotten me into trouble as far as people thinking your a stalker. I starred at a cashier girl once and I felt horrible about it so I tried to go through her till more often hoping I would get a chance to apolagize but as time went on I totally pussed out and I think they thought I was a stalker. So basically I just stopped shopping there all together for like 4 years. So I got a job at a new place and it turns out the girls mom works at the fricken store and I think it has gotten out that im a weirdo stalker totally *BLEEP*ed. I try my hardest not to stare at people these days but I feel Im getting a bad reputation now based on my starring. Oh also I do try not to stare at people too much I find myself even starring down people probably looks like im checking them out including old peoples asses. Anyways thought id throw my story out hoping that someone can atleast help me feel better about my situation feels like a Ben Stiller movie I am not kidding you. Should I just come clean about it because I feel like I got slandered for being a stalker at work and im totally not I have a gf and everything she doesnt know about this and I dont think she knows about my problem. My starring problem runs deep if someone has a zit on there head or has a missing eye I will look at that spot. oh man this *BLEEP* runs soo deep I think im just gonna have to straight up tell people I have a starring problem. Ya I even check out guys asses im not gay, this has gotten so out of hand atleast now im trying to control it before I would just let it go. This is total OCD I also do have an anxiety problem. Maybe I can do see a doctor about this???? oh Also the other day at my girlfriend moms my eyes were jumpy *BLEEP*kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk I hope she doesnt think I was checking her out or someshit AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

Edited by dougfisher (see edit history)

When you talk to someone, it is normal that you sometimes look at him/her other than into his/her eyes. It is not so normal that you pay attention to potential problems of the person. It is not normal if you stare at the problem that you have just discovered. It is silly or disrespectful if you respond to the problem. That is what I think.

Ok I have a serious starring problem, basically I stare at people I try not to as now It has gotten me into trouble as far as people thinking your a stalker. I starred at a cashier girl once and I felt horrible about it so I tried to go through her till more often hoping I would get a chance to apolagize but as time went on I totally pussed out and I think they thought I was a stalker. So basically I just stopped shopping there all together for like 4 years. So I got a job at a new place and it turns out the girls mom works at the fricken store and I think it has gotten out that im a weirdo stalker totally *BLEEP*ed. I try my hardest not to stare at people these days but I feel Im getting a bad reputation now based on my starring. Oh also I do try not to stare at people too much I find myself even starring down people probably looks like im checking them out including old peoples asses. Anyways thought id throw my story out hoping that someone can atleast help me feel better about my situation feels like a Ben Stiller movie I am not kidding you. Should I just come clean about it because I feel like I got slandered for being a stalker at work and im totally not I have a gf and everything she doesnt know about this and I dont think she knows about my problem. My starring problem runs deep if someone has a zit on there head or has a missing eye I will look at that spot. oh man this *BLEEP* runs soo deep I think im just gonna have to straight up tell people I have a starring problem. Ya I even check out guys asses im not gay, this has gotten so out of hand atleast now im trying to control it before I would just let it go. This is total OCD I also do have an anxiety problem. Maybe I can do see a doctor about this???? oh Also the other day at my girlfriend moms my eyes were jumpy *BLEEP*kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk I hope she doesnt think I was checking her out or someshit AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

Hi there,

I also have this 'starring' problem where I look at all people around me out of the eye corners. I can't stop it.

I have stopped first school and now work. Now I am at hospital as suicidabel trying to fix it.

But there's hope. As a professor says:

"Why do you stare?

The actual reason is because you are trying so hard not to and are constantly concerned about it."

There's one very interesting article about it how to deal with it

wsps.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63:heres-looking-at-you-kid-people-with-ocd-who-notice-things-too-much&catid=0

Since it's a relief you are not the only ones; let's share experience, advice and just chat where we can understand each other.

By the way I am 22 years old boy from Denmark - I am looking forward to hear from you all (SMILE)

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

You staring at someone is making you and the other person going into a trance. Look at them in between their eyes at the top of their nose like on their forehead. Wait for the person to slowdown and shut his eyes... or a like a slow blink... make sure you give them a suggestion because you just hypnotized them.

hey sweetie ,i love you just know that i totally understand you i had this problem once but its gone now i solved it with yoga and meditation, but you have to really work on it and just tell your master of meditation, they will know what to do ok honey? be confident and know that you are not alone and as far as i know you have it and i see it in you :)

any input?Staring ProblemI am forced to stare at people when I don't want to. In a movie theater, I will stare at people that are surrounding that are in my field of view even though I am watching the movie. I tell myself not to look at them because it feels uncomfortable even for me and I can not not look at the people which I am trying not to look at. Also if I am watching tv with friends I am forced to look at them and it feels awkward unless I completely block them out of my field of view. Even if I have just one of their feet in my sight I will try and look at the foot- but at the same time, I am watching the tv. Who knew this was possible? I didn't and I am dreading the fact that it is. Any advice? Any idea?-tank

I have this problem too, it started about a few months ago. I dont know how it started or how to stop it please let me know if u find a solution

I do the same thing and it annoys people. They say I'm weird and they also say what are u looking at boo.I'm like I'm not even looking at u so what its I stare without knowing.