xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
m spartan w

Car That Runs On Water But Runs Like A Gas Car gas water

well the reson i made this thread is becuse they made a car that runs on water its a honad car but will the cars that run on water replace gas cars i love gas cars its just that were killing the earth with our palution so what im thinking is to envent a car that runs on water but that is fast and can drift can do circuts and evreything a gas car can do cuse i mean theres no fun in a car that cant even drift at all i want the water car to have as much torqe and speed as a gas car i think i might make a mini version of it when i get my last paycheak a mini go kart type

Are you talking about the Honda FCX Clarity?

I honestly can't wait for this car to be more widespread once hydrogen fuel cells become more prevalent nation-wide. The car itself looks very good, and I'd love to own something that runs super clean.

I wonder how much it would be (in layman's terms) to fill up a fuel-cell powered car?

Cost of fuel cells by Wikipedia:

Currently, hydrogen fuel cells are costly to produce and fragile. Scientists are studying how to produce inexpensive fuel cells that are robust enough to survive the bumps and vibrations that all automobiles experience. Also, many designs require rare substances such as platinum as a catalyst in order to work properly. Such a catalyst can also become contaminated by impurities in the hydrogen supply. In the past few years, however, a nickel-tin catalyst has been under development which may lower the cost of cells.[11] Fuel cells are generally priced in USD/kW, and data is scarce regarding costs. Producer Ballard is virtually alone in publishing such data. Their 2005 figure was $73 USD/kW (based on high volume manufacturing estimates), which they said was on track to achieve the U.S. DoE's 2010 goal of $30 USD/kW. This would achieve closer parity with internal combustion engines for automotive applications, allowing a 100 kW fuel cell to be produced for $3000. 100 kW is about 134 hp.[12]

It would be cool if we would start using cleaner energy than fossil fuels because right now, my science teacher told me this, it takes more gas to extract the hydrogen then it does to actually use the gas in a regular car. So until we clean up how we use energy, or find a better source of energy, this is not a good replacement for gas cars.Also, spartan, punctuation is a good thing.

The Car is cool.I watched this documentary , and it said it would be too late by the time we changed. Im not really into believing global warming or any of these topics but, if there was a way to change ASAP it would really help out the environment.

huh... i know what a hydrogen fuel cell is, but in Terminator 3 it depicts the terminator's hydrogen fuel cell exploding like a miniture tactical nuke of a couple of kilotons. Anyway, this would be a great idea to equip cars with hydrogen fuel cells, but wouldn't it be better if the fuel cells could extract moisture from the air and condense it into water? so some sort of moisture vaporating hydrogen fuel cell... hehehe...

For people who havent read links about this car yet this is how it gets its fuel:It uses H2o and breaks apart the hydrogen and oxygen. It then shoots out oxygen, which we need to breathe.. so the waste product is beneficial... and the hydrogen burns clean as far as I know.

Scientists are working on ways to make alternative energy vehicles as efficient as gas powered cars. For now gas is most efficient, but most pollutant. I can't wait until the alternative energy vehicles become more efficient though, they'll be nice.

Even if they aren't efficient... even if they don't come... I would rather go back to no overseas travel, no cars, just horse and cart, growing own crops etc... it may be that we have to go back to that OR have human kind DIE by 2400

In all honesty this hydro-powered vehicle could be great or a devastation depending on what "type" of water it runs on. If it runs soley on fresh water...then well we have a problem because out of the entire world's open source of waters only about 1-2% is actually fresh water and we already need that to survive (most countries are now scarce on that resource in which methods of distributing water is occurring across the globe. At anyrate here is my proposal:If the hydro powered vehicle only uses salt water or "global open waters" then that would be the essential successful idea. (not to be Mr. Obvious of course), also for those of you who feel that fresh water is too convenient, simply make it so that salt water is available in small amounts in certain stores, ofcourse, it being cheap since it's pretty much free. Also a salt watered powered vehicle is perfect since all you need is a bucket and a lake somewhere nearest you, which is what...1 mile if you live in the city and less than that if you live out in rural areas that are in the northwest? Anyways that's my little output right there, it's not super organized but it's there for you.

huh... i know what a hydrogen fuel cell is, but in Terminator 3 it depicts the terminator's hydrogen fuel cell exploding like a miniture tactical nuke of a couple of kilotons. Anyway, this would be a great idea to equip cars with hydrogen fuel cells, but wouldn't it be better if the fuel cells could extract moisture from the air and condense it into water? so some sort of moisture vaporating hydrogen fuel cell... hehehe...

I believe you are talking about a hydrogen powered nuclear reaction. This is done through a very different process, burning hydrogen as feul would not produce such a result.

They've already done this. But their just improving it. Soon they will be better then gas-powered cars, and it's about time to! What is this obession with gas-powered cars, they are destorying our environment, they are too loud and smell bad. Yet everyone is for keeping gas-powered cars. I understand at this moment in time, there are no other powered cars within competition with gas-powered cars. But hydro, electric and even solar are all improving. Eventually, they will meet the standards. By then, I hope everyone has changed their minds.

For people who havent read links about this car yet this is how it gets its fuel:
It uses H2o and breaks apart the hydrogen and oxygen. It then shoots out oxygen, which we need to breathe.. so the waste product is beneficial... and the hydrogen burns clean as far as I know.

NO! the oxygen and hydrogen is then mixed and combusted (two ways, either piston engine or drives and electric motor), the fuel is then turned into water again. And the process is restarted.

I've met with some engineer at a auto repair shop last year, and he showed me his car that runs on part unleaded gas and part distilled water he said any water will do but since water cheap he used the distilled kind. Well he said that you can't run on water alone because you need to ignite the water to do this. First you have to separate the hydrogen and oxygen this can be done by putting some rod thing inside the your water container that's connected to the the alternator, oxygen is release while the hydrogen will naturally flow to the engine, this is where it will mix with the gasoline from your car's fuel-injection system hence where it will act like normal fuel.The real problem really is getting the parts and a electrician to setup the whole thing you also need something that will act as a regulator to limit the intake of hydrogen, but it really works I saw it with my own eyes... To bad the picture i took got stolen with my old cell phone.

I've met with some engineer at a auto repair shop last year, and he showed me his car that runs on part unleaded gas and part distilled water he said any water will do but since water cheap he used the distilled kind.
Well he said that you can't run on water alone because you need to ignite the water to do this. First you have to separate the hydrogen and oxygen this can be done by putting some rod thing inside the your water container that's connected to the the alternator, oxygen is release while the hydrogen will naturally flow to the engine, this is where it will mix with the gasoline from your car's fuel-injection system hence where it will act like normal fuel.

The real problem really is getting the parts and a electrician to setup the whole thing you also need something that will act as a regulator to limit the intake of hydrogen, but it really works I saw it with my own eyes... To bad the picture i took got stolen with my old cell phone.

I think if it was possible to split the atoms you could keep a flame going forever as long as water was being flowed at a good rate -- it only takes oxygen to ignite, and hydrogen is flammable as well. So theoretically you could use the heat from the burning to both fuel the car and split/burn the next molecule of water.

For people who havent read links about this car yet this is how it gets its fuel:
It uses H2o and breaks apart the hydrogen and oxygen. It then shoots out oxygen, which we need to breathe.. so the waste product is beneficial... and the hydrogen burns clean as far as I know.

This and similar cons have been around for a long time.
Here is a simple message, worth remembering because it will ALWAYS stand you in good stead.
Thermodynamics tells us that you always loose energy converting one type to another.
Now, this car works by electrolysing water into H2 and O2. The energy to do that comes from the alternator in the conventional engine. The alternator is, in turn, powered by the petrol/diesel engine.
A few facts:
An engine is, at best, 30% efficient and an alternator around 80% efficient.
So, even if you didn't waste ANY of the power from the alternator, you have still effectively wasted about 85% of it. So 85% of the petrol you have burned to turn the alternator to make the electricity to split the water ...is wasted.
Now, let's be kind and say that since the engine is operating anyway, we will assign this 'waste' to normal running and not to our wonderful kit. Let's even assume it is magic and 100% of the energy from the alternator is converted into H2 and O2.
You can still get no more back than the 100% - no matter what you do to the H2 and O2.
Once this was pointed out to the scammers they evolved a new theory - that the H2 allows better combustion of the petrol and that explains the supposed increased MPG figures.
Bad news - we tested it at the science forums. It is baloney.
Any savings that drivers get are due to them driving better and nothing to do with the magic water in their expensive and useless gadgets.