xisto Community
Russell

Does Anyone Use Mozilla Thunderbird?

I used to use Thunderbird as my email client, but now I use Dream mail, it's also a client and I think it's quite good, faster, much faster than thunderbird, but I guess it looks like a better version of outlook, but anyway my primary email is with gmail now and I also agree that Today having webmail is much easier, but it was different some years ago thats why email clients there much a better choice for me.However, not all email services have webmails, they just offer POP3 and SMPT servers, imagine you have a domain like mydomain.com and you get a server, even though Today it's possible to use GMail and some other email services with your own domain, but if you don't know how to do that, then using an email client with an email like admin @ mydomain dot com is the only choice you have..In the year 2000, webmails as I remember them there quite not as comfortable as Today and besides, Internet connections for most of the world were slower and in an email client it was much easier to organise, have address books, filters, different directories and etc. and you don't need to waste a lot of bandwidth, you only download the mail and when using webmail you needed to browse with a 56kb/s if you had a modem connection, so it was lame. Moreover, in those days for free you could get webmail accounts with 100-100 MB of space and if you had an email client, you could use all your 40 GB for your emails, so storage problem wasn't a problem at all, except that you could send an email bigger than your email service provide. :lol: