xisto Community
googlue

How Did You Hear About This Forum word

I wonted to post on 42 page but hey :PI found this hosting long time ago on one computer forum and i realy liked this kind of giving hosting to members, i saw very few sites that give hosting like this.So i register then.... and forgot about this site... then i remember it again and register with this nick.... then forgot it again. :D now im here AGAIN :Pand i hope ill stay here for a long time...

I was trying to run a test .php on my computer when Windows asked me what program to use to open it. I said check the web for the file extension and Windows brought me to a site (probably a microsoft site) that told me about php and http://php.net/. php.net referred me to free webhosting rating sites. I picked one of the rating sites and picked this site. I use http://www.webs.com/ which does not support php. I also use geocities but only premium site owners can use php there.

Hi! friends, we are all here... but how did we reach here?

Lets take a poll, may be this info will be useful to the admins also, in shaping their policies...

So let's start!

Googlue!

Could you also visit my site and comment on that here?

I found out in another forum. When I was disgusted with shyper.com, I started searching and reached post2host.com. That sucks... and is anyway down! Somebody had mentioned this site there.. and goog lord.. I am here.

LOL  ;)

EDIT 1

OH! IT HAD JUST HAD 100 VOTES... ;)

EDIT 2

Well, many are calling this the most successful poll in the forum so far.

I don't know, may be an admin/mod can confirm?

Thank you

Googlue.

EDIT 3

Hey! I just noticed that this poll results are posted at the forum homepage!!

http://forums.xisto.com/

EDIT 4

Wow! Reached 150- votes today... 1st nov 2004!

40% have come here referred by a web hosts review site and 25% through search engine results.

That's good.

17607[/snapback]

i fpound trap by doing a google search for amazingly good free web hosting providers and that brought me here and its definatly stuck and i have no intention of leaving trap

I've been through a few hosts.. ones that dont support PHP at first, untill now where my last PHP host was 5gigs. After getting a recent announcement that 5gigs were going to place small banners on their pages, I decided to look elsewhere (ie Google) and checked out a few sites. This site seemed to be the best option with its more than fair posting system, generous enough space, and stable servers. So here I am, and had started set up the site here since..

I found this when I was talkign to my clan leader about websites ans the best free hosting sites, he mentioned this iste for best FREE hosting and godaddy for best PAID hosting. :-DIm glad I found it, a nice community and tons of information!

Well this certainly is a nice lil thread.Glad I didn't read all 42pages.Hmm, I found Xisto on 1 of those free-host sites.I had heard it mentioned before, but I paid no mind.When I get hosted I'll see if it's everything the members are bragging about, lol.My former host (gw) had shutdown due to spammers/idiots/hackers.That's what happens when you switch to automated signup.They were so good too...500mb storage and 2gb bandwidth.Bleh. On to better things, yes?

I found Xisto.com by using Google.com as a search engine. I was looking for "Free Web Hosting no ads" and one of the first to appear in my list of found sites was Xisto.com, and here I am!