xisto Community
Mermaid711

Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get A Decent Camera For Making A Movie On A 13 Year Old's Budget?

Hi guys.Me and a couple of friends are going to produce "Anne Frank and Me" as soon as we find the copyright avalibilties (hopefully it is in the public domain)Anywayssssssssss, we already have a couple of places lined up to film or, well, in our case, tape onto a digital camera, so we really need to know what we can get.Most of my friends have digital cameras, most with video capabilities. Also, are there any movie editing programs that are cheap or free that i can use?

If you have a mac, or some friend does, I recommend you using iMovie. Besides that I can't give you good counseling about cameras because I have no big knowledge about them xD. But if you want to edit a movie, iMovie is the program you seek.But if you are willing to get a videocamera, look in ebay, or similar. they're cheap when used.

Don't use the video cameras on phones or digital cameras - it won't come out very well at all. Like other people have suggested, eBay and other auction sites are good for looking for a second hand digital camera. Just make sure you get one with a digital output (USB, IEEE 1394, etc.) so you can take it onto the computer at full quality. There is always the possibility of hiring a camera if you want. However, that can get expensive if you are not doing the filming in one block over a few days.

As for editing software, there are some free ones out there. Cinelerra is my favourite, and it works very well. If you're a Mac user then iMovie is OK. Just remember that you will need a fairly powerful PC to handle the editing smoothly.

wow. good for you. making movies is fun. my best friend for years was a rtvf major at usc and helped him with several movies but none of them were digital. we always rented the equipment. i would get your feet wet with tape though rather than digital and learning software on top of everything else. i know you would be able to do retakes and edit directly from the camera for most of your stuff, but if you are practicing to get in the industry one day or prepare you for classes in the future, i wouldn't go digital bud any digital equipment wether you buy or rent will be more expensive and the quality isn't as good....but you probably aren't concerned with that your first time around with this project. i'll keep an eye out for anything that might be helpfull for ya. it will be an experience and it will be fun if you and your friends are creative :P

Hi guys.Me and a couple of friends are going to produce "Anne Frank and Me" as soon as we find the copyright avalibilties (hopefully it is in the public domain)
Anywayssssssssss, we already have a couple of places lined up to film or, well, in our case, tape onto a digital camera, so we really need to know what we can get.
Most of my friends have digital cameras, most with video capabilities.
Also, are there any movie editing programs that are cheap or free that i can use?