xisto Community
patrickcurl

What Language Did You Take In High School? I myself am a Latin Geek

What language did you take in HS  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i'm takin my second year of spanish my first year teacher was like the best teacher ever we played games and still learned stuff it was realy fun everybody loved her. and now my second year teacher is not that fun and i'm not that motivated to learn now i just go by my knowing skills but i'm actualy not learning the actual language.

I take the english language in my high school right now,Its really an amazing language which can be used in most parts of the world.And english is also the language which most forum sites like Xisto prefer.That's why I think English is good for personal and commercial purposesWell I live in India therefore I like to speak Hindi which is my mother-tongue language and not English.But English helps everywhere,thats why I take the english language in my high school.

Edited by musicmaza (see edit history)

i love English very much, although there are so many local languages in my country. I excelled in speaking and writing the English language even than my own dialect, which is Igbo.

I am taking Spanish I at the moment and I think that it is pretty useful since I live somewhere where lots of people are Hispanic. I can understand more of what my friends and my community are saying. The culture is also pretty interesting to learn about as well. About a week ago, my teacher brought in some Spanish artwork (masks and pottery) and it was absolutely amazing! She explained the process of how they were made and it was really interesting especially the parts with the golden leaves.

My primary language is my mother-tongue :PMy second language is English, I had it in school since 2nd grade, also for 4 years I had German class, but I can't say I can speak German, just a little bit, the basics :D or even less than the basics now, as I forgot it in these past years :DI also can speak Russian, but with time it's getting worst, as I don't really need to speak it to much, I start to forget the words and how you spell them :D I can read very slowly in Russian, but I can't write normally at all, just all those printed letters, as Cyrillic is quite hard :F

I studied french when I was in high school, but now I almost forgot everything I've learn because I never practiced the language after graduating.My first language is spanish and I never studied English.I learned how to write and speak after seeing a lot of movies and read a lot of lyrics and books of all kinds. That's why my English is often not even close to being good, lol.Sorry about that :blush:

Nice to see someone who isn't me or a friend of mine who studied Latin (but then, I do go to a British public school). At the moment I'm studying German and potentially want to do a degree at University. In GCSE (16+ British exams) I did both Greek and Latin. I got an A* for Latin (booyah!) but a C for Greek (Homer's Odyssey was easy to learn, but I didn't know enough vocab for the translation).