xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Damen

Wireless Router Problems. Keeps dropping network.

puzzling internet problemsWireless Router Problems.

So I've got a really odd problem and I just wanted to see if anyone here had any ideas on it. For a few weeks now our wireless network has been acting up it works but only intermittently, the time that it works varies from a few hours to a few minutes. We're currently using a linksys wrt54gs wireless router, probably around a couple years old. Usually giving it a reset will bring the connection back for its brief visit and then it stops again. When I tried plugging my ethernet cable directly into my modem the computer was getting limited to no connectivity. For some reason it wasn't getting any IP address from the modem and had no dns server information. For some reason though if I go back to running from the modem to the wireless router and plugging my computer into the router LAN ports, I go back to having a hardlined internet connection and the intermittent wireless connection. We bought a new Netgear Rangemax Duo Wireless-and router to try and hook it up and see if that made a difference, but when I was setting it up for some reason it couldn't get through to the internet and the set up didn't complete.One of the stranger things about the intermittent wireless issue is that things like online games and downloads continue to run almost uninterrupted when the connection stops, but you cant access any webpages and search functions inside of online games also stop working. Last night we called comcast who is our cable provider and they said that everything on their end was working alright and they reset our modem which left it working briefly, and later that night it was back to the same issues. In all honesty I'm puzzled and was wondering if any of you had any ideas or have encountered similar problems because I've tried everything I can think of to try and fix it.

-question by Ewok

Wireless Access List issueWireless Router Problems.

Ok, gonna make this one simple because I got woke up to do this lol Why does items get dropped from my access list. I am using a NETGEAR WGT624 and after setting a device up on the ACL, on-occasion an item will be dropped from this list. Most generally the last item added. 

-question by Kable