xisto Community
Twinkies

Buying Laptop, What Brand Is The Best For Me? Please help.

My opinion would be to get a ASUS V1S-B1.They are considerably reliable, and cheaper than other laptops, with more features,but since price does not matter :Pan alienware will do.But since alienware is now dell.I'll stand behind my ASUS opinion.

well, alienware has been taken up, toshiba is nowhere near as good as dell, you don't like dell. I personally am never a fan of acers. ASUS is a bit uncomfortable. So why not Falcon-Northwest, https://www.falcon-nw.com/ Their notebooks/laptops are all very good and high quality. As you said price is not important. The best has 600GB of HDD, and 4GB of RAM etc...

I did more checking and talked to a few friends. I learned that DELL is actually a good brand. So, I checked into DELL and I think I'm going to get a XPS M1730. :P Its the only one I can find that has 400GB HD that runs at 7200 rpm, 2.8GHz Processor, 512MB for video card, 4GB ram and alot of other stuff.Thanks for your help guys! I really appreciate it. I learned alot about different brands some I have never heard of! Thanks again~Twinkies

Yeah the XPS brands are top notch as that is the computer I am using for my everyday needs and what not, and yes Dell computers are reliable its the users who don't know how to control the machine and think Dell has bad support when again its the user. Since I have some good experience with Dell computers if you have any problems let me know and I see what can be fixed before you need to contact the Dell Tech guys. Also before you install any programs flash the BIOS and update the drivers and you should be set.

I've had good experiences so far with Gateway laptops, and since they're not too big of a company (unless they're owned by a giant, I'm not sure) they will probably make better products than the Dell and HP supergiants.

sorry to tell you but the best brand depends on you and also your pocketi will tell you to buy an laptop with 4gb ram geforce card nexgen wifi card. and also widd 500gb hard diski know if i m standing next to you you will kill me because this not a good configuration so you should decide on your own whic laptop will be the best for you.Any ways i like dell studio 14it rocks man

When it comes to laptop brands, I would say, "To each, his own."If price doesn't matter, I'm sure everyone in the forum would yell in chorus, "ALIENWAAAAARE." If you've got tons of money to put into something, an Alienware laptop is what you can get. They will even inscribe your name into a plate attached to the laptop to personalize it. You can go ultra-heavy on graphics and can get a dual-hard drive setup. I'm assuming the weight and battery life are not a concern for you either. If you need to use the computer while on the go, get a car adapter - you can charge up whenever you go out on a picnic and not have to rely on the battery. Although Alienware does belong to Dell, they still have the same magic that they once did, except that their price tag is wayyy over what you would normally pay for a laptop.If you want a computer that you can take with you on hiking trips or for a night out at the desert, you ought to get a Panasonic Toughbook. It can survive a three foot drop without a scratch, though anything more and you could get a few cracks in the case. I'm not really sure if they are durable because I usually end up replacing the power adapter due to worn out wiring every couple of years because I don't use the laptop on a desk - it's either on the bed, or on the lap, or on the boot of a car (those things are really useful unless you have drive a hatchback in which case it's non-existent).I personally prefer the Thinkpads, which were previously sold by IBM and are now sold by Lenovo. Lenovo seems to be promoting its own Ideapad series instead of the Thinkpad series, but that doesn't mean that the Thinkpad is any less of a concern for their engineering division. The Thinkpads are built to last and I've had one from 1998 that ran perfectly well till I have it away a little over a year ago. The Thinkpad 600E is the one laptop that I had for about a decade and it didn't need any repairs!Some folks prefer ASUS, and I would recommend them for heavy computing because you can use the processor to its limits since they take good care of cooling the inner parts of your computer instead of having the computer turn itself off when it overheats.There are some assembled notebooks that you could get too, but I'd be wary about getting them because in some cases the vendor doesn't test the computers to make sure that it can run for extended periods of time without overheating. The last thing you want to have is a laptop that runs perfectly well for about half an hour but needs to be turned off every half hour to cool down. Some laptop manufacturers also use desktop components within the laptops, making the overheating problem worse than it already is with regular laptop components.If you are looking for something ultra portable and something that actually takes it to the extreme, you ought to look at the Sony Vaio. They've got laptops that look like netbooks but are actually complete laptops, with the Core i7 processors in them. They may not be available in all geographical locations, but if you can get one, you would be surprised at how much power they can pack into those little boxes.If you do want to minimize your spending, get yourself a netbook and get a beefier desktop that you can offload the computing to via a network. You would want to get a high speed network though - a gigabit ethernet network and an 802.11n wireless network should give you the bandwidth you need to do the offloading - you can also hook up all of your disks to the desktop and share the files across the network link. Don't expect the same transfer speeds of hooking up the drives to your computer via USB... transferring files across the network can test your patience if you are transferring really large files.