xisto Community
cragllo

Website Made With Php help...

Craig, check out my site.  Here are my message boards: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ .  Do you want message boards similar to those?  Those boards run on the Archetype 0 source modified by Golden Mario and Magus.  There are other sources like whiteFyre but Archetype 0 is the best.  In my opinion, it is better than Invision Power Boards and phpBB because they are uh..  unique?  I have all of the files and I need your cpanel username/password to upload them.  There are some errors, but not many.  I would be willing to help. ;)  I'll do it for free, but maybe a moderator position or something?  Wait, you do want message boards like mine, right?  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WhiteFyre is the best. Its got loads of features and is ultra easy to use. My website is based around forums and im using WhiteFyre. As you said, because its unique. Not many people know where to get such a message board.

I am not new to web design, i got interested in it because of a good freind who's been playing around with websites for years now. He is always interested in something new and is usually willing to help people out. Can you give me a bit more detail on what sort of scale your website would be on. If it's going to be big he may not be able to fit it in, but if it's only a few page templates I will pass him the email address from your sig so he can get in touch. I should be browsing these forums fairly regularly so will try to get back to you asap.

All I need is simple page templates with the PHP code that makes the site work build in already, and working.Bellow is an example of the pages needed:index.php - home page,userindex.php - welcome page after member logs in.navigation.php - the navigation bar which will be shown on every page using the include function. also have the login form (after loggin in the login form will be replaces with a welcome note, eg. welcome [username])profile.php - information on chosen member, including submitted content.*members.php - list of members with links to their profiles.templates.php - displays all submitted web templates.banners.php - displays all submitted banners.buttons.php - displays all submitted buttons.interfaces.php - displays all submitted interfaces.clipart.php - displays all submitted clipart.*Each user will have a unique id no. So to veiw a members profile it coukd be profile.php?id=251 something like that...All that seems like alot, but its not realy, I have a site wil over 50 pages...Is that enough detail?

if i didnt have my hands full i would probably have coded everything for you, but well heres a tip
if you want a simple script, you know, none of the complex more advanced cms stuff then i 'd suggest you visit this website http://www.phpclasses.org/ they offer a variety of classes, and im sure youd find simple user management scripts there,

**tip..***
you could always learn php, its quite simple.

hmmmm... I am currently learning php out of a book that I had bought. But im still learning so I dont know that much about php yet. :P

I am lerning PHP, but cannot do much, I went to the w3schools site, and learned alot here, I want to buy 'PHP and MySQL for Dummies' lol... Is it any good? Ive heared good things about it...

Umm I'll take practically anything you can offer lol I'm cheap I know. Just PM me.

If you do wanna learn PHP, here's a site I always go to

http://php.net/

It has documentation and information on all the functions and syntax.

I've learned everything from that site and from scripts I have downloaded, edited, and uploaded just to see what happens. I think that's the best way to learn, to actually code or at least edit a piece of code and see what happens.

I have been reading up, But I have no idea when it comes to something like this.Also, I cant realy afford anything at the moment, Ive just started renting a server... and thats going to cost me a bit...