xisto Community
Carson

Bandwidth Counter Not Working

In my CPanel, the bandwidth counter is constantly at 0, it never changes. I can never see how much bandwidth I've used this month. My awstats never work also, so i have no idea how much traffic is coming through my site. Does anyone know how I can fix my bandwidth counter? Thanks.

I would say send in a support ticket to Xisto - Support, as it seems that this problem started coming up again as members at Xisto started showing this problem as well on selective accounts. This was a problem last year and I believe the solution revolved around resetting the hosting account or rather resetting the bandwidth counter specifically. My forum search is coming up nl, I should start bookmarking common questions just to keep tabs on stuff, anyways wait for admin reply or send i na ticket to the tech support and see what happens.

I noticed this, too, some time ago.I do not have any more information than you, or other Members, but *I think* the automatic update of Web Stats was discontinued in order to conserve Server Load.I have always simply "updated" my stats as I need to by going to the Web Stats page and selecting "update" at the top of the page. It is available for sub-domains the same way, but on a different Cpanel page.But I might be wrong.

I too have noticed it a while ago, and mentioned in one of my posts here... Bandwidth counter hasn't ben running since august, and it's always on 0... I'm not using nearly the amount of BW I have, but it would be nice to be able to see how much I spend... As for web stats, I understand why automatic updateing would be turned off, to conserve resources, and that's fine with me, I only chechk them few times a month... I suppose it has something with cPanel, it has nasty bugs... For instance, I had my account suspended few times, and .htaccess file that is placed, to display "This account is suspended" page, remains in all the directories, that didn't have their own .htaccess file before that... Kind of annoying, having to go through them, and erase that .htaccess file... Hopefully, when new cPanel version comes out, they will have some of these bugs fixed... So for now, calculate your bandwidth from web stats...

My account has been suspended a lot, and at one point i was down to -25, but since i got my account website back up, it hasnt been suspended. But being suspended may have cause some problems. I know what you mean by the .htaccess files been a pain to get ride of, i've had to do that a couple of times before.

But my webstats isnt working either, i made a topic about, but got little help: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/53262-awstats-not-working/

I have no idea how much traffic my site is getting. I know you can download awstats free, so if i knew where to upload the files into my Cpanel, maybe i could get it working again.

I think awstats is fine, you just have to press the update link at the top of the page, at least it works for me. Unfortunatly it still doesn't give the percentage of bandwidth used compared to the maximum bandwidth, but it's easy to figure out.

Have you actually gone to the web stats page and done an "Update"? and it still is n ot working?

I too have noticed it a while ago, and mentioned in one of my posts here... Bandwidth counter hasn't ben running since august, and it's always on 0... I'm not using nearly the amount of BW I have, but it would be nice to be able to see how much I spend...
As for web stats, I understand why automatic updateing would be turned off, to conserve resources, and that's fine with me, I only chechk them few times a month...

I suppose it has something with cPanel, it has nasty bugs... For instance, I had my account suspended few times, and .htaccess file that is placed, to display "This account is suspended" page, remains in all the directories, that didn't have their own .htaccess file before that... Kind of annoying, having to go through them, and erase that .htaccess file...

Hopefully, when new cPanel version comes out, they will have some of these bugs fixed...

So for now, calculate your bandwidth from web stats...

I wouldn't doubt the Cpanel would be buggy as it would have been noticeable when they upgraded it earlier this year, of course I don't think anyone was concerned at the time since the upgrade was messing with the hosting accounts. However, that .htaccess file is a interesting quirk though.

My account has been suspended a lot, and at one point i was down to -25, but since i got my account website back up, it hasnt been suspended. But being suspended may have cause some problems. I know what you mean by the .htaccess files been a pain to get ride of, i've had to do that a couple of times before.
But my webstats isnt working either, i made a topic about, but got little help: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/53262-awstats-not-working/

I have no idea how much traffic my site is getting. I know you can download awstats free, so if i knew where to upload the files into my Cpanel, maybe i could get it working again.

Well I do that some hosting accounts are buggy enough that they need to be canceled and restarted again, but thats only your account is really buggy that can't get anything to work or stuff like that. Although I am not aware of any Cpanel upgrades to the hosting accounts and so it could be account specific, but I highly doubt that getting suspended a whole bunch of times would mess with the settings though.

I highly doubt that getting suspended a whole bunch of times would mess with the settings though.

Me too. I think there was an error when my account was made, and it missed out some files. Although thats a simple guess, I'm not very experienced with CPanel.

Have you actually gone to the web stats page and done an "Update"? and it still is n ot working?

I know where the update link is, but I cant actually access it because I go an error before I get into the page. I made a topic here: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/53262-awstats-not-working/
I submitted a ticket to Xisto - Support.com a few days ago, no replies yet though.

Carson,I think there might be some issues with your hosting account, especially if you think you're missing some files form your hosting account.The only sure way to rectify this situation is to restart with your hosting from the beginning. This involves terminating your current hosting account and requesting for another one.I'll be in touch.

Even my bandwidth usage is still on zero!
I've had 29,000 visitors this month (december) and my bandwidth used is shown to be 0.
I wonder if I'll run out of bandwidth by the end of the month!!

I've seen a trememdous increase in traffic lately. In nov, I had just 1475 visitors!! (my graph has gone bonkers!!)
Can someone estimate how much bandwidth I must have exhausted until now.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is the page that had 95% of those hits and the post has about 140KB of images which are hosted on my site itself.

And what do I do if I run out of bandwidth by the end of the month??

If your run out of bandwidth your account gets suspended until the start of the next month. There's not really much you can do. The solution we came up with is to terminate my current account and apply for a new one once i have enough credits. Most likely when my account was created some of the files did not get transfered properly and so things don't work right. Getting a new account should fix this. I guess you will have to do the same, but I think your site will lose a lot of traffic with it being as popular as it is.

Even my bandwidth usage is still on zero!I've had 29,000 visitors this month (december) and my bandwidth used is shown to be 0.
I wonder if I'll run out of bandwidth by the end of the month!!

I've seen a trememdous increase in traffic lately. In nov, I had just 1475 visitors!! (my graph has gone bonkers!!)
Can someone estimate how much bandwidth I must have exhausted until now.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is the page that had 95% of those hits and the post has about 140KB of images which are hosted on my site itself.

And what do I do if I run out of bandwidth by the end of the month??

Have you tried the Update method that was posted earlier? If not then try that first, but with the amount of visitors your getting you should looking into paid hosting that has more bandwidth.

Its hard to gauge an actual BW usuage without looking at your website stats, but I would say to help cut down on BW usage would be to shrink the images in size or upload them to a image host that way the images won't cost you any bandwidth. Like I said with the visitors your getting you should look into paid hosting that way you won't have to worry about blowing though 10Gb of bw in less then a month.

Actually I was on the very basic plan at Xisto (the one that gives just 512 MB of bandwidth).My bandwidth counter was not working and so I opened a ticket with Xisto - SupportAfter a couple of days after I had posted the ticket there was no reply. Today I get a message from them stating that my bandwidth used up is 1580MB out of the allowed 512MB and so my account has been suspended!!Now why on earth did I bother bringing it to their notice?? Today's just the 13th of the month and I've run through my bandwidth. I've gone through the plans by Xisto - Web Hosting. And I must say they seem too good to be true! I hope there are no loopholes in it! Sometimes when things get too good, we start suspecting em!One more question. Now that I've got 30 credits can I upgrade now itself or will I have to wait till the end of the month?

I noticed that too last week when I did a bunch of updates on my site, and was worried about going over my bandwidth, but it showed 0 use. I know it did work when I first got my account here. I sure don't want to get carried away with updates and then get it to where nobody can visit my site. That would suck. Big time.